Odds of switching room type

Donna Duck

Original Poster
We are currently booked into a King room at POFQ April 30th to May 9th. We prefer a room with 2 queen beds. I have been calling reservations and it is noted on our reservation. Should we hope for the best or switch to another week. POFQ is our fave resort.

Jon81uk

I would not expect that to be a problem.

We requested a King room at Wilderness Lodge, but were allocated a ground floor room we did not like so asked to switch and were able to move room for the next night.

Donna Duck

Original Poster
Thank you. We actually prefer a room with 2 queens but by the time we were able to book only king available. I will just keep on trying.

CaptainAmerica

Not going to happen. At some resorts, a king bed is a request that's tacked on to a more general booking category. If your booking category is specifically "King Room," then you're going to get a King Room.

Donna Duck

Original Poster
Keeping fingers crossed. It's noted on our reservation we prefer a room with 2 queen beds. Still have 2 months to go and will just call and check every day.

Donna Duck

Original Poster
Trust me you will be fine. Don’t do online check in, just request at the desk.
Thanks. By the time our trip starts April 30 I think I will have spoken to every Disney reservation agent. We still like to go to the check in desk even when we have used online check in. We enjoy the cm interaction.

daisyduckie

Ask at check in. If they can at all meet your new request, they will. I've had luck with booking one type of room and getting another at check in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom