Rumor of Pixar Land coming to DHS

VulcanCafe

Well, I would’ve been pretty disappointed if we lost RnRC to a lame Gaurdians overlay. No more cheap overlays, please.

TRON really should be in Epcot instead of MK next to Space Mountain and Cosmic Rewind should be in a drawer along other unused ideas.

I suspect Tron is there so they can shut down Space Mountain then slowly rebuild it after Tron opens. Executive: "It's the same thing!"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Aren't the expansion pads: 1) pretty much all the still existing backstage areas below that red circle; and 2) backstage and parking lot behind Indy.

Everything circled in blue is also now develop-able.

1582730139361.png

seascape

Everything circled in blue is also now develop-able.

View attachment 452051
Disney should take the lower left parking lot and the open land just below it and build a 2 to 3 planet addition to the Star Wars area. Then build a new hotel on the middle section of open land and more parking on the top section of open land. There is no reason that Hollywood Studios can't draw 20 million people a year if it is expanded properly.

jt04

Disney should take the lower left parking lot and the open land just below it and build a 2 to 3 planet addition to the Star Wars area. Then build a new hotel on the middle section of open land and more parking on the top section of open land. There is no reason that Hollywood Studios can't draw 20 million people a year if it is expanded properly.

Planets in boxes I call it. Each connected by some sort of immersive people mover. Climate controlled so easier to maintain. Prints money as a side gig. 💲💲💲💲💲💲💲💰💹

This is what I predicted last year
  • The current Pixar Place becomes a backstage area
  • The entrance to Pixar Place is moved, replacing the entrance to the Rock-n-Rollercoaster area.
  • The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is re-themed to the Incredibles
  • Pathway created linking this new area to the animation courtyard
  • The quick-service food food stands on Sunset boulevard are re-themed after Pixar properties. Similar to Pixar Pier.
  • A new attraction is added to the area (family friendly ride with no height limit).
1582743251761.png

1582743617742.png

Here's my best guess as to how this whole thing plays out.

1) Pixar Studios sign moved and a new one constructed at the entrances to this area
2) One Man's Dream replaced with the black box/ flex ride they are building for Epcot's Play Pavilion
3) Monsters Inc Laugh floor is moved to HS and replaces Voyage of the Little Mermaid
4) Launch Bay replaced with Pixar Animation experience. Similar to the old Magic of Disney Animation attraction.
5) Backstage buildings are replaced with pixar themed flat rides
6). Rock-n-roller coaster gets an Incredicoaster overlay
7) Lightning McQueen Racing Academy
8) Pixar overhaul of Sunset Ranch Market Food Stands
1582748935193.png

DarkMetroid567

This is what I predicted last year
  • The current Pixar Place becomes a backstage area
  • The entrance to Pixar Place is moved, replacing the entrance to the Rock-n-Rollercoaster area.
  • The Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is re-themed to the Incredibles
  • Pathway created linking this new area to the animation courtyard
  • The quick-service food food stands on Sunset boulevard are re-themed after Pixar properties. Similar to Pixar Pier.
  • A new attraction is added to the area (family friendly ride with no height limit).
View attachment 452101
View attachment 452102

I really dig this idea, but it would require moving the current cast member cafeteria (Take 5) and potentially doing something with the Animation building and the parking garage closeby.

999th Happy Haunt

My god, all these theories are horrible, hope this never happens

Edit: In terms of theme this is terrible. I’m all for more to do at DHS, but “Pixar” is not a theme. I would much rather prefer an entire land based on a single world from Pixar. Monsters Inc and Incredibles would both make really cool lands, and Cars Land is proven already.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

My god, all these theories are horrible, hope this never happens

Edit: In terms of theme this is terrible. I’m all for more to do at DHS, but “Pixar” is not a theme. I would much rather prefer an entire land based on a single world from Pixar. Monsters Inc and Incredibles would both make really cool lands, and Cars Land is proven already.

Agreed!
What I find interesting in this thread is the amount of posters commenting on the need of more attractions no matter how insignificant. People want to visit DHS but they don't want to wait hours in line just to get on some "epic" attractions. It seems that the crowd eating shows aren't holding guests attention much and I kind of feel the return/rideability of these aging dinos are coming to an end.
Maybe it's time for the Mouse to consider some flat attractions that could be anchored by an IP or other theme that will at least give the little ones something to do outside of the shows and a couple rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom