HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

jrhwdw

the new castle starting to look great, tho I still think the upper part of the castle is a bit too "yellow"
wonder if WDI/HKDL will surprise us with great progresses after the park reopens haha
I was wondering if work was still going on while HKDL was closed or are all CMs home for safety??

HKDLer

Health screening at all resort entry points starts today. That includes temperature measurements, travel history enquiry, etc. Meanwhile they are giving 20% refund for character dining at the hotels since all character encounters have been cancelled.

Stevie Amsterdam

Health screening at all resort entry points starts today. That includes temperature measurements, travel history enquiry, etc. Meanwhile they are giving 20% refund for character dining at the hotels since all character encounters have been cancelled.
For cm's you mean? Cause the park is still closed for guests right?

lazyboy97o

I cant understand why the hotels are still open. Surely it would be better to close the entire resort it can’t be much fun staying out there with not a lot to do and a long trek to get food
What if you were visiting Hong Kong Disneyland and are now unable to travel home?

Robbiem

What if you were visiting Hong Kong Disneyland and are now unable to travel home?

I would have thought it would be more cost effective to move you to another hotel. Hong Kong airport is mainly operating normally and most guests would only stay a few nights so there can‘t be many left. The ones that are would have a long journey to get food and supplies so it wouldn’t be much fun. Couple that with the cost of continuing to staff the hotels and run transportation to the resort etc and its odd to me that Disney haven’t closed the entire resort save for skeleton maintenance staff to keep things ticking over.
ironically the resorts location would be perfect for an isolation camp but i cant see the HK government doing this even with their current issues with Disney management and the second park site

hkdisky

I would have thought it would be more cost effective to move you to another hotel. Hong Kong airport is mainly operating normally and most guests would only stay a few nights so there can‘t be many left. The ones that are would have a long journey to get food and supplies so it wouldn’t be much fun. Couple that with the cost of continuing to staff the hotels and run transportation to the resort etc and its odd to me that Disney haven’t closed the entire resort save for skeleton maintenance staff to keep things ticking over.
ironically the resorts location would be perfect for an isolation camp but i cant see the HK government doing this even with their current issues with Disney management and the second park site
Good point, the government can build temporary structure on the second gate site (the government owns it currently) for the isolation camp. It will be better than using the public housing estate to place the high risk people.

MagicHK

Record shows the park has granted consent for demolishing Autopia back in December 2019.

1EE98F69-3D53-4A32-8314-C81FB36F3398.jpeg

Last edited:

halbjobri

I was trying to find examples of actual buildings with the weird light blue/copper red colour scheme that the new castle has when I came across pictures of Bojnice Castle in Slovakia; so far it's the only chateau/castle structure I can find with similar rooftop colours. I wonder if this is where the Imagineers took inspiration from?

tour_img-1564737-146.jpg

large_bojnice.jpg

Bojnice_Castle_00001.jpg

brihow

I was trying to find examples of actual buildings with the weird light blue/copper red colour scheme that the new castle has when I came across pictures of Bojnice Castle in Slovakia; so far it's the only chateau/castle structure I can find with similar rooftop colours. I wonder if this is where the Imagineers took inspiration from?

View attachment 449849

View attachment 449850

View attachment 449851
It's definitely possible, though I still don't understand the need to justify architectural choices by finding real-life examples. It's a fairy tale castle, and it need not be bound by reality.

BrianLo

We should be due for the 2019 fiscal report any day now. I'd expect an ongoing passing acknowledgement of their planned projects, which would be validating on their status.

PymParty

We should be due for the 2019 fiscal report any day now. I'd expect an ongoing passing acknowledgement of their planned projects, which would be validating on their status.

When is the planned date of the yearly panel on HKDL at LegCo for this passed fiscal year ?

halbjobri

It's definitely possible, though I still don't understand the need to justify architectural choices by finding real-life examples. It's a fairy tale castle, and it need not be bound by reality.

I guess I'm still in shock over how weird the colour combination and architectural features in this castle are when we have others like SBC (not Paris), CC and ESC that are still deeply rooted in existing European features and schemes and generally go for a simpler/more realistic colour palette.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom