Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker of Things

There is still 588 days until the actual 50th. At this point, I’m going to remain optimistic about entertainment offerings that will be enhanced and/or added for the 50th celebration.

TTA94

I’m just going off memory from 3 years ago, if I searched through the forums I’m sure I can find it but I’m 99% sure it’s been designed and was just waiting on the green light

I remember little tid bits here and there as well. From what I understand currently our insiders have not heard anything Is happening but they have also not heard any plans have been canceled. My guess is those that may know something are not saying peep lol.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m just going off memory from 3 years ago, if I searched through the forums I’m sure I can find it but I’m 99% sure it’s been designed and was just waiting on the green light

Perhaps here...

Expect another night parade in the MK again. They aren't gone forever. RoE will see updates, and it should make people happy.
A nighttime parade is currently scheduled to debut in 2021.
How many of these threads do we need?

New parade for the 50th.
As a minor distraction from all the mitching and boaning (in which I sporadically participate), I learned the budget and vision for our new nighttime parade and was quite pleased, as I imagine most will be. It sucks waiting 3 years but then we should end up with a stellar one that will last us 20 (45?) years.

It’s not Paint the Night, by the way. I know. Shocking. Although it will integrate some of its tech with some new. I’m optimistic and I’m a serious electrical parade snob. That’s a thing, right?
The 50th light parade should Trip a Little Light Fantastic.
Nothing green-Lit, but nothing off the table (as far as I know, which isn’t everything). However, the deadline to green light things in time for the 50th, especially something bigger like a parade, is nearing.

MaryJaneP

Could WDW do a nightime projection parade where the scenes and music were projected and all WDW has to do is drag a bunch of screens along the "parade" route? Sure, WDW would have to buy a bunch more projectors but that would be cheaper than paying CMs to walk the route or paying engineers to build and maybe even maintain floats. Also, conceivably, the "parade" could be more rapidly changed since a timed projection routine could be more easily adapted. As long as it doesn't have that infernal noise of baroque hoedown.

MagicHappens1971

Could WDW do a nightime projection parade where the scenes and music were projected and all WDW has to do is drag a bunch of screens along the "parade" route? Sure, WDW would have to buy a bunch more projectors but that would be cheaper than paying CMs to walk the route or paying engineers to build and maybe even maintain floats. Also, conceivably, the "parade" could be more rapidly changed since a timed projection routine could be more easily adapted. As long as it doesn't have that infernal noise of baroque hoedown.
I hope this idea dies right now lol

Disneyson

I’m pretty sure they did this, but it was called Light Magic. Their big mistake was too many performers.

Don’t give them ideas.

brb1006

We don't want to repeat the same mistake that Light Magic did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom