DHS Millennium Falcon on Fast Pass

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
No. FP doubles the average STANDBY wait time. When averaged against the people with FastPasses who have close to zero wait time, the average wait time is exactly unchanged.
Are you counting the 30 - 60 days the FP+ users are waiting from the time they made their FP+ reservations?

I'd like to see THAT chart.

horaceluke

Yesterday, Wednesday, first day of FP compared to previous Wednesdays...

View attachment 450653

Today, Thursday, compared to previous Thursdays...

View attachment 450656

MFSR on Wednesday, first day of FP compared to other DHS rides...

View attachment 450657

MFSR on FP, Thursday, compared to other DHS rides...

View attachment 450659
More interestingly, it will be good to see how the other waiting times change now they are all tier 2 and smugglers run and in 2 weeks mmrr open and substantially increase the parks fastpass capacity.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
MFSR with FP on this Friday compared to without on previous Fridays.

1582339416571.png

MFSR compared to other rides at DHS on Friday...

1582339124533.png

mikejs78

Premium Member
Yesterday, Wednesday, first day of FP compared to previous Wednesdays...

View attachment 450653

Today, Thursday, compared to previous Thursdays...

View attachment 450656

MFSR on Wednesday, first day of FP compared to other DHS rides...

View attachment 450657

MFSR on FP, Thursday, compared to other DHS rides...

View attachment 450659
I have to point out that comparing the first two days of FP to previous Wednesdays is a bit of apples to oranges. Looking at all the dates you mentioned and using TouringPlans historical crowd level numbers for DHS for those days:

Wednesdays:
2/19: 10
2/12: 4
2/5: 6
1/29: 4
1/22: 4
1/15: 2
1/8: 5

Thursday:
2/20: 10
2/13: 7
2/6: 7
1/30: 5
1/23: 5
1/16: 4
1/9: 4

DHS was a lot more crowded this week (Presidents Week, which is always crowded) so I don't think these wait time comparisons tell much.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have to point out that comparing the first two days of FP to previous Wednesdays is a bit of apples to oranges. Looking at all the dates you mentioned and using TouringPlans historical crowd level numbers for DHS for those days:

Wednesdays:
2/19: 10
2/12: 4
2/5: 6
1/29: 4
1/22: 4
1/15: 2
1/8: 5

Thursday:
2/20: 10
2/13: 7
2/6: 7
1/30: 5
1/23: 5
1/16: 4
1/9: 4

DHS was a lot more crowded this week (Presidents Week, which is always crowded) so I don't think these wait time comparisons tell much.
The correlations have nothing to do with what touring plans says (I still can’t figure out the obsession with this anyone?)...

The aggregate levels would rise/fall and correlate to the wait times of all rides listed on the chart.

The simple question is: did the fascist prebooking magic queue have an effect?

Yes...as we knew it would.

mikejs78

Premium Member
The correlations have nothing to do with what touring plans says (I still can’t figure out the obsession with this anyone?)...

The aggregate levels would rise/fall and correlate to the wait times of all rides listed on the chart.

The simple question is: did the fascist prebooking magic queue have an effect?

Yes...as we knew it would.
I don't think that's been demonstrated yet. It may well be but the data does not illustrate that.

Tom Morrow

You won't be able to use the previous wait time data to compare. Since it opened, they have always, always been posting the wait time for MFSR as double what it actually was. They did this so there would not be a massive spike in the data once Fastpass is implemented, though the graphs do show a noticeable increase.

Now, if it's posted at 90 minutes, you're waiting 90 minutes. Death to Fastpass.

Tom Morrow

Actually that's not the case as it is with any ride. I've seen reports of actual times 20-30 min less than posted in the last few days.
Well, the more important bullet point is that up until Fastpass was added to MFSR, they were always posting the wait time as double what it really was, and this was done to hide the increase that Fastpass+ creates in the data.

Tom Morrow

I, and everyone I know who has ridden it, has waited half of what was posted, every single time. I've ridden about 15 times. CM's working at MFSR have also confirmed that they were intentionally doubling the posted wait times, the same way Universal was doing with Hagrid's.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I, and everyone I know who has ridden it, has waited half of what was posted, every single time. I've ridden about 15 times. CM's working at MFSR have also confirmed that they were intentionally doubling the posted wait times, the same way Universal was doing with Hagrid's.
Except the data I've seen doesn't support that. Looking back at posted vs reported wait times on the touring plans for a few random days in October (just picked those randomly) I saw a difference of maybe 25% in most cases. Not double. Does it mean that it may have been double in some cases? Sure. But not as an aggregate.

Marc Davis Fan

Fastpass was created to reduce line to allow more eating and giftshop spending. Plain and simple. I worked with the people that designed and implemented it.

So basically, FastPass increases crowding in the park (by decreasing the number of guests that the standby queues absorb), while also increasing standby wait times, and forcing people to schedule around FP (rather than letting the park experience and their attraction choices develop as they explore, as the parks were designed for) if they want their wait times to average the same as they did before FP existed. So, it's a lose-lose-lose for guests.

How about more high-capacity attractions? Wouldn't that help mitigate the the problem of long wait times while improving the guest experience? How many high-capacity e-tickets could they have built for the cost of MM+ again? 10?

Tom Morrow

Except the data I've seen doesn't support that. Looking back at posted vs reported wait times on the touring plans for a few random days in October (just picked those randomly) I saw a difference of maybe 25% in most cases. Not double. Does it mean that it may have been double in some cases? Sure. But not as an aggregate.
See I'm always a bit skeptical of using TouringPlans data because TouringPlans is literally a PR tool FOR Disney and their data is whatever Disney gives them. I have confirmation from operations CM's that they were indeed essentially doubling the posted wait time for Smuggler's, or at least over-posting more than an average amount. Discrepancies could be due to A) fluctuations in line length - for instance, between the last time the wait time was updated and the time a guest was used as a data sample, the line grew, so it was posted at 60 but should have been updated to 80, so they wait 40 minutes out of 60.

or B) Disney was struggling to determine the actual queue times with no Fastpass since it was designed to operate with Fastpass.

or C) downtimes causing guests to wait closer to the posted wait time.

So it may not have always been double, but there was indeed a call to always drastically over-post it, so the data would not show a massive spike once Fastpass was implemented.

mikejs78

Premium Member
TouringPlans is literally a PR tool FOR Disney
That's patently untrue. TouringPlans has a history of being completely independent from Disney. They were blacklisted from media events a few years back because of negative reviews of some aspects of Disney. Yes, they make use of the Disney wait times API to get posted wait times, but they have their own people on the ground in the parks to contrast actual vs posted wait times, and they gather further data.from the users of their Lines app.

And *all* wait times at Disney are vastly overstated. For example, right now Space Mountain has a posted 145 min wait time but actual wait time is just a hair over 2 hours.

Please provide your evidence that they are a PR arm of Disney.

No Name

@MisterPenguin the more valid comparison would be something like MFSR compared to all other rides on 2/13 vs. MFSR compared to all other rides on 2/20. This week is supposedly busier than past weeks, so higher crowds and fastpass+ may be confounding variables. Thrilldata isn’t working on my phone, otherwise I’d do it.

mikejs78

Premium Member
@MisterPenguin the more valid comparison would be something like MFSR compared to all other rides on 2/13 vs. MFSR compared to all other rides on 2/20. This week is supposedly busier than past weeks, so higher crowds and fastpass+ may be confounding variables. Thrilldata isn’t working on my phone, otherwise I’d do it.
Exactly my point. Wasn't trying to disparage @MisterPenguin and his work...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom