News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

Magenta Panther

Here again, Iger fails to acknowledge the gold in the Disney vault and prefers to spend company money on his various stupid acquisitions. Disney's villains are as legendary and beloved as its heroes, but all they get is a parade and overpriced ripoff events. No ride, no land, heck, they don't even get a bathroom (unlike Tangled)! ;) I still think a Haunted Mountain or Forest attraction starring the villains could be epic, but we all know that will never, ever happen. That would be too awesome and creative and too traditional Disney (for Iger's "taste"). What a shame.

Touchdown

Or how about have the villains do a teen/adult Halloween event at the studios. Have the Sith take over Galaxies Edge (can now use Emperor due to Episode 9.). Have Sids toys roaming TSL, do the Hades standup on the stage in front of the theatre, dress the bellhops up as ghouls, and for the big show have a Fantasmic where the villains win. Make it obvious in the marketing that this was a PG-13 event, not HHN, but not MNSSHP and have disclaimers about this not being for young children.

It would be a huge hit.

Disneyson

Or how about have the villains do a teen/adult Halloween event at the studios. Have the Sith take over Galaxies Edge (can now use Emperor due to Episode 9.). Have Sids toys roaming TSL, do the Hades standup on the stage in front of the theatre, dress the bellhops up as ghouls, and for the big show have a Fantasmic where the villains win. Make it obvious in the marketing that this was a PG-13 event, not HHN, but not MNSSHP and have disclaimers about this not being for young children.

It would be a huge hit.

I’m almost all in, except there is a 0 percent chance they would show Mickey being killed by the Disney Villains. I think they’d more quickly set up themed mazes throughout the park (Jedi Temple where you face your greatest fears, HalloweenTown, Villains of Pixar).

But that park has no issues with popularity for the time being.

Touchdown

I’m almost all in, except there is a 0 percent chance they would show Mickey being killed by the Disney Villains. I think they’d more quickly set up themed mazes throughout the park (Jedi Temple where you face your greatest fears, HalloweenTown, Villains of Pixar).

But that park has no issues with popularity for the time being.

Mickey doesn’t have to be killed, he can be imprisoned in his mind. Remember, you always eventually wake up from nightmares.

Disneyson

Mickey doesn’t have to be killed, he can be imprisoned in his mind. Remember, you always eventually wake up from nightmares.

Still, it would not be on-brand. Even in the darkest shorts, like Runaway Brain, he ends up winning the day. A fully unique show would likely fit the bill better - I’d love for a finale show showcasing various live-action hero-villain battles, ending with a big Night on Bald Mountain or Firebird sequence.

Anyways. Let’s stay on topic. Alcohol in the Magic Kingdom, no lines, and Hercules characters. I have a lot of non-bloggy people that would pay out the butt for that, especially those that don’t live near Disney or frequent the park, but enjoy Disney by wearing gear from Hot Topic or play Kingdom Hearts. That’s the segment the parks really haven’t tapped.

brb1006

Here again, Iger fails to acknowledge the gold in the Disney vault and prefers to spend company money on his various stupid acquisitions. Disney's villains are as legendary and beloved as its heroes, but all they get is a parade and overpriced ripoff events. No ride, no land, heck, they don't even get a bathroom (unlike Tangled)! ;) I still think a Haunted Mountain or Forest attraction starring the villains could be epic, but we all know that will never, ever happen. That would be too awesome and creative and too traditional Disney (for Iger's "taste"). What a shame.
You mean Chapek

Benjamin_Nicholas

I think the night would be more worth it if there were three free-flow alcohol lounges peppered throughout that you could visit at leisure, but that would be controversial.

Of course, it will be in one location and likely be a ridiculous up-charge. Probably arguments like “I don’t want to pay for alcohol if I’m taking my child, who doesn’t drink.” Then again, this falls into dessert party territory... an interesting idea for sure.

And as we all know...

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN? WON'T SOMEBODY THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN?

IT'S WHAT WALT WOULD HAVE WANTED.

:)

Last edited:

Disneyson

And as we all know...

WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN? WON'T SOMEBODY THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN?

:)

Walt Disney once thought of the children, but I think the age of "we can't let the children see Mommy drink while in line for Jasmine" has come and gone, now that you can get tipsy in Beast's ballroom.

People forget that the children have been to Epcot festivals with their parents after a long day at MK.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Walt Disney once thought of the children, but I think the age of "we can't let the children see Mommy drink while in line for Jasmine" has come and gone, now that you can get tipsy in Beast's ballroom.

People forget that the children have been to Epcot festivals with their parents after a long day at MK.

Exactly. Let's be realistic.

The baby and the bathwater are long gone on this one.

ImperfectPixie

Play dates where mommies bring the kiddos together to play while they sip wine and chit-chat has been a thing for quite a while, so I don't think mom is too worried about little Jimmy or Jenny seeing her drink.

(Side note: I may have a old friend who's nickname is Silly Sally Sippy Cup because she likes to take neighborhood walks with a sippy cup full of vodka...and her kids are grown and out of the house.)

mattpeto

Going on a hunch. I think this party returns this year and we get an announcement soon.

It was announced in April 2019 (for June-August dates) and December of 2019 (for Feb-July 2020 dates).

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Going on a hunch. I think this party returns this year and we get an announcement soon.

It was announced in April 2019 (for June-August dates) and December of 2019 (for Feb-July 2020 dates).
Genie+ rollout. It's services work well for seasonal offerings. I could see the party returning. Although I expect a price bump in addition to the "pay to play" character experiences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom