Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

RobWDW1971

Yeah, why can't I go to Paris and not hear "bonjour" everywhere :rolleyes:. Everything needs to be in MY native tongue!

Honestly, I can understand wanting OT characters or even not having a set timeline (I for one don't care either way, but swing to the side of liking a set story being told). But, you are now even complaining that they are using made up phrases in a made up story on a made up planet?
Uh...Last time I checked “Bright Suns and Til the Spires” were English words so.....what was your point again?

But hey, if you think union food cast members awkwardly saying “Bright Suns!!!” is awesome and immersive and puts you in your Star Wars adventure, that’s great and you should passionately make that case.

There are those that criticize the creative choices in the land and there are those that can’t defend those choices so they criticize the complainers.

Please keep criticizing me as it only makes my point stronger and exposes that the “defenders” of the creative mess that is Batuu have actually nothing to passionately defend.

Til the Spires!!!

Last edited:

Incomudro

Uh...Last time I checked “Bright Suns and Til the Spires” were English words so.....what was your point again?

But hey, if you think union food cast members awkwardly saying “Bright Suns!!!” is awesome and immersive and puts you in your Star Wars adventure, that’s great and you should passionately make that case.

There are those that criticize the creative choices in the land and there are those that can’t defend those choices so they criticize the complainers.

Please keep criticizing me as it only makes my point stronger and exposes that the “defenders” of the creative mess that is Batuu have actually nothing to passionately defend.

Til the Spires!!!

Tedious.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
2020-02-19_12-12-42.jpg

mikejs78

Premium Member
“Deep fans” would celebrate it as those fans openly mock Batuu, Vi, Dok-Ander, et al. Not a tear would be shed by anybody if “Bright Suns” and “Til the Spires” were never heard again.
I'm about as deep a SW fan as they come, and I don't mock Batuu, Vi, Dok-Ander, etc. I had a friend who recently went who is also a huge SW fan, and he *loved* Batuu. He said "bright suns" for days.

Stop projecting your own tedious opinions on every other SW fan out there. We aren't a monolithic group.

Incomudro

I'm about as deep a SW fan as they come, and I don't mock Batuu, Vi, Dok-Ander, etc. I had a friend who recently went who is also a huge SW fan, and he *loved* Batuu. He said "bright suns" for days.

Stop projecting your own tedious opinions on every other SW fan out there. We aren't a monolithic group.

My brother in law (age 46) was an original Star Wars kid.
Might have been a bit young when the movie debuted, but he had the original action figures both the small and the tall.
He went on to pass Star Wars down to his son who is about 14 now.
They both came back from Galaxy's Edge Florida a few weeks ago - unfortunately for them just days before RotR opened and they loved it.
Matter of fact they were just at my house last weekend talking about it.
The son, was saying how much he liked Smugglers Run which he got to ride more than once.
By the way, these people are not new to WDW either as they have gone every year for at least the past 5 years.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Would you and your friend have been bothered if Darth Vader, Yoda, etc. were included in the land? That’s a legit question, not sarcastic.

Texas84

I enjoy the lingo. Paying with 'credits' throws me off for a second and I laugh at myself. The CMs seem to be having fun with it. The CMs in the First Order store are way too friendly though. :)

Darth Snips

Would you and your friend have been bothered if Darth Vader, Yoda, etc. were included in the land? That’s a legit question, not sarcastic.
I can’t speak for others (nor do I claim to), but yes, it would bother me. I’m a pretty hardcore fan who loves keeping up with timelines and canon and all that silliness. For me, it’s extremely rewarding and magical to enter a world where every single detail adheres to a specific location and point in time. I love that Batuu has an established backstory and that we have a specific role in why/when we are here. I love that the Galaxy’s Edge comic and Black Spire novel serve as literal prequels to our own adventures.

For me, personally, it would greatly disappoint me to see Rey and Kylo in GE, then run into Luke and Vader an hour later. It would remind me that I'm not inhabiting my own character roaming Batuu; I'm in a Star Wars theme park celebrating the saga. I can understand why others would prefer the latter, but I'd much rather have the former. That is my ideal Star Wars experience.

And I don't mean to go off-topic here, but I'd like to single out a point that @mikejs78 made above. I am getting really tired of fanbases for any franchise, not just Star Wars, being lumped together as a single unit. Statements like "Die-hard Star Wars fans hated the ST" or "True Disney Parks fans hated GotG:MB" or "All Marvel fans hated the first 2 Thor films" are really irritating and are the exact definition of a "No True Scotsman" fallacy. There is no such thing as a universal opinion in a fanbase. Everyone has a different take on what they love, and everyone loves something a little different.

Anyways, my point is we can't say "Star Wars fans love GE" or "Star Wars fans hate GE". We can only state our own opinions. For what it's worth, post-FP Falcon currently has the 3rd longest wait on property. Of course, it is very busy this week, and I don't know what its current capacity is. Like I said, the only I can say for certain is that I'm happy with Batuu. I'm genuinely sorry for those who don't share that excitement. I hope you can find something of your own to enjoy in GE.

Bright Suns!

NoFunInBand

I don't get all up in the OT vs ST debate, but without thinking about anything at all I physically cringed when I stepped outside of Galaxy's Edge and saw the Jedi Training thing going on with Kylo Ren and Darth Vader standing next to each other. Might as well have had a John Wayne-esque cowboy hanging out in Tomorrowland.

RobWDW1971

I don't get all up in the OT vs ST debate, but without thinking about anything at all I physically cringed when I stepped outside of Galaxy's Edge and saw the Jedi Training thing going on with Kylo Ren and Darth Vader standing next to each other. Might as well have had a John Wayne-esque cowboy hanging out in Tomorrowland.
At Disneyland, we have Boba Fett hanging out in Tomorrowland next to a pizza joint because he's not allowed into Star Wars land. Because immersion - or something.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We all know the land got off to a slow start. Rise of the Resistance appears to be a hit, but does anyone know how well the land is doing overall?

TrainsOfDisney

We all know the land got off to a slow start. Rise of the Resistance appears to be a hit, but does anyone know how well the land is doing overall?

I’m sure it’s doing well for attendance at DHS. People are buying droids and lightsabers so that’s going to add up to something.

How long until we see generic merchandise in the shops I wonder.

SplashJacket

I’m sure it’s doing well for attendance at DHS. People are buying droids and lightsabers so that’s going to add up to something.

How long until we see generic merchandise in the shops I wonder.

I don't really see a point for generic merch. Hollywood Boulevard has plenty already. Non-generic merch might cost more to produce but they are definitely charging more than enough to make up for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom