Counter Service Cocktails?

JohnnyDVoices

Original Poster
Hey Everyone!
Since we'll be going during the Flower and Garden Fest, I'm now starting to consider getting us the DDP so we can use the snack credits at EPCOT (that blew my mind when I found that out).

I have never used the DDP before and am trying to figure out if it'd be worth the extra $220 each (Right, it's $55 pp per night?).

Here's where I need help;
Which counter service restaurants serve legit cocktails? That's what would make the DDP worth it for us because my GF can only drink certain spirits (usually clear ones) or else she'll get a migraine (beer and wine are no good for her but great for me haha).

I've been trying to find good intel on this but ended up stuck down a rabbit hole of forums and fan sites lol.

Thanks!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
You might consider updating your thread title with your actual question about alcohol at counter service restaurants. Right now it reads like you're going to ask which counter service locations still have meals you guys can split or something like that.

NYwdwfan

Hey Everyone!
Since we'll be going during the Flower and Garden Fest, I'm now starting to consider getting us the DDP so we can use the snack credits at EPCOT (that blew my mind when I found that out).

I have never used the DDP before and am trying to figure out if it'd be worth the extra $220 each (Right, it's $55 pp per night?).

Here's where I need help;
Which counter service restaurants serve legit cocktails? That's what would make the DDP worth it for us because my GF can only drink certain spirits (usually clear ones) or else she'll get a migraine (beer and wine are no good for her but great for me haha).

I've been trying to find good intel on this but ended up stuck down a rabbit hole of forums and fan sites lol.

Thanks!
The beverages with alcohol are not considered snack credits. If you are looking to see what food choices might be available you can flip through the photo gallery from 2018 (I didn't see 2019 posted) that includes pictures of the menus at each kiosk:

Jon81uk

You can get alcohol when ordering a quick service meal, but you cannot use snacks on alcoholic beverages.

It can be very hard to get value on the QS plan if paying for it (not as part of a "free" dining package).
A cheap QS meal is about $10, top end (like a BBQ platter) is $19. Soft drinks are $4 so if only getting soda each meal is $14-$23.
Snacks are $5-6 each.
So two top-price meals with soda and two snacks could be $58.
So to cover the $55 a day you need to be ordering those top price entrees every time.

Unless as you say you go for alcoholic drinks, but in the Florida heat you might not want them. Cocktails are about $12 and beer $9-10 so that easily improves the value of the plan, but if you order the cheaper entrees with the alcoholic drink you are still only just breaking even.

Magic Kingdom only serves alcohol at table service, there is none available at QS.
At Hollywood Studios it is easier, for example Backlot Express has several cocktails, as does ABC Commisary
Its similar at Animal Kingdom but Epcot is more hit and miss.

Go through the menus on All Ears and take a look whats available.

Epcot-Rules

I haven't used the DDP in years but you could never get alcohol with it back then. I do like the margaritas in Mexico at the quick serve bar. Saki in Japan, and some good tasting drinks at the Tangerine Cafe i believe.

NessNewt

As others have noted, you can get an alcoholic beverage with your quick service meal at some places. For example, a mimosa or Bellini with a Be Our Guest breakfast. Not all quick service places serve alcohol though, and being limited to clear alcohols probably limits it further. (I'm thinking of the new Regal Eagle with it's Whiskey Lemonade... I don't think they have any other cocktail options).

In our experience, we didn't get many alcoholic beverages with our quick service credits with the dining plan back in August. BUT we really liked having the dining plan for reasons that aren't really about saving money and are planning to use it again in April for F&G. By using snack credits at the booths for food, and by being deliberate with our other credits, I'm estimating a wash cost-wise. We will pay out of pocket for drinks at the outdoor kitchen booths.

NiarrNDisney

CS options rarely if ever have a full bar so they are limited in what drinks they can make so your best bet would be TS restaurants or finding drinks on CS/QS or Festival Kiosk menus that she could drink.

That being said here is a list of "legit" bars inside Epcot where you can walk up order your "usual" or whatever strikes your fancy.

La Cava de Tequila (Mexico) only carries varieties of Tequila
Regal Eagle (American Adventure)
Rose & Crown (United Kingdom)
Spice Road Table (Morocco)
Tutto Gusto (Italy)

Last edited:

Minthorne

CS options rarely if ever have a full bar so they are limited in what drinks they can make so your best bet would be TS restaurants or finding drinks on CS/QS or Festival Kiosk menus that she could drink.

That being said here is a list of "legit" bars inside Epcot where you can walk up order your "usual" or whatever strikes your fancy.

La Cava de Tequila (Mexico) only carries varieties of Tequila
Regal Eagle (American Adventure)
Rose & Crown (United Kingdom)
Spice Road Table (Morocco)
Tutto Gusto (Italy)

I didn't realize the Regal Eagle has a full bar!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom