Rumor of Pixar Land coming to DHS

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I think they are putting a hold on all new projects where money isn't already allocated due to the closing of parks overseas etc. so this would shock me... actually it would shock me altogether... however, I would welcome new people eaters/attractions anywhere we can get them. the parks are becoming a madhouse - they have to do something

Steph15251

I think they are putting a hold on all new projects where money isn't already allocated due to the closing of parks overseas etc. so this would shock me... actually it would shock me altogether... however, I would welcome new people eaters/attractions anywhere we can get them. the parks are becoming a madhouse - they have to do something
Reading the article ,they did mention putting a hold on projects but with California .

RSoxNo1

doctornick

It’s a mix of proposals, some maybes, and some definitely nots.

Fully acknowledging that this is fake at worst and far from being approved at best... is there a particular footprint in the park that is being eyed as the site for any expansion like this?

I guess what I'm wondering is that Echo Lake and Animation Courtyard seem like the most likely targets for redevelopment in the relatively near future - is one of those the more likely site for any changes?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fully acknowledging that this is fake at worst and far from being approved at best... is there a particular footprint in the park that is being eyed as the site for any expansion like this?

I guess what I'm wondering is that Echo Lake and Animation Courtyard seem like the most likely targets for redevelopment in the relatively near future - is one of those the more likely site for any changes?
Depends how the black box project develops.

Robbiem

I’ve no idea if the black box is based on it or not but the tech used to film the mandalorian could possibly be used to create a great easy to update ride system:

the issue is that like other easy to update rides like star tours and toy story mania how often would disney actually update the attraction?

Josh Hendy

How does "Pixar" become a theme. It's a lot of unrelated films and characters ... and rightly so.

That would be like back in the day, creating an MGM Land.

It's kind of hazy to me and my family already which are Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks and Other cartoons let alone live-action studios. I couldn't tell you who made Harry Potter vs Lord of the Rings for example or who makes DC Comic movies.

Would this be a case of corporate insiders projecting their personal, significant internal organizational perceptions of "properties" onto the public?

trainplane3

How does "Pixar" become a theme. It's a lot of unrelated films and characters ... and rightly so.

It's kind of hazy to me and my family already which are Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks and Other cartoons let alone live-action studios. I couldn't tell you who made Harry Potter vs Lord of the Rings for example or who makes DC Comic movies.

Would this be a case of corporate insiders projecting their personal, significant internal organizational perceptions of "properties" onto the public?
Ask Pixar Pier that question 🤣

FigmentJedi

It's more the byproduct of the fact that Pixar movies generally don't belong anywhere within the old "Cardinal Realm" structure since most of them are either "Modern human city from a non-human perspective" or "Modern human society but populated by non-humans". Also all that Pixar Theory nonsense. I made this chart months ago to kinda illustrate this point, but even I think Incredibles is a stretch to put there what with it being "1960s with comic book super science that achieves that Tomorrowland aesthetic".

c7b9d26e29322bf57c3838190e6130a45752e033.png

Josh Hendy

Ask Pixar Pier that question 🤣
Could I interpret that to mean ... instead of an "IP branding or theming opportunity" this is more like ... "cloning opportunity?"

Is the rumored new thing more or less a CTRL-C, CTRL-V ?

I don't know anything about Pixar Pier but I suppose that when it was conceived the Pixar brand was more distinct in the public's mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom