Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I think there's supposed to be four vehicles per train. The video, being up close to the train, only showed three at a time.

So, it's 32 people per train launch.

@marni1971 expects 1,800 - 2,000 pph.
Okay, good to know. I'm going to keep hoping for 2,000 per hour because of the easy vehicle logistics for boarding. After they spend six months working out all the kinks, of course, which I think is understandable.

This really is a good sign that not everyone in WDI thinks it is acceptable to design expensive new rides that can only get 1,600 riders per hour. I'd love to see them get back to the 1960's standards of 2,500 per hour and up, but just breaking the 2,000 per hour threshold again is refreshing.
Rock'n Roller Coaster dispatches every 53 seconds on average. At 53 seconds this ride would match TGMR's OHRC with full trains. While I imagine a more likely average trainload is more like 28ish, I'm hopeful they can beat 2000. Curious what the minimum required time between dispatches is.

Disneyson

As for capacity, it also depends, frankly, on if four per row is possible.

GMR was six per row, but sometimes it ended up being five, four or even three per row in order to accommodate for the comfort of various guests.

SplashJacket

If there is another train immediately replacing the previous train, will there be two visible Goofys? That I would think is a huge faux pas, even in a slap-dash cartoon world. Unless they cover it by Goofy exiting the train/closing a curtain as the ride ends.

If you skip to the 27-second mark behind the last vehicle of people you can see the train approaching. If you look to the right of the approaching train you can see the empty passenger vehicles approaching. The preshow element might only hold 32 people (max capacity of one train dispatch) and thus there will be no guests in the load area to see the first goofy, for it to leave, and then for the next goofy to arrive.

Goofy is not shown in the video, but it would be easy to darken the goofy on the waiting train.

Additionally, the train immediately arriving to the station could just be because the ride is empty and not running guests through it.

Surferboy567

I have a feeling that the B-Story may have something to do with that bird that is appearing everywhere for this attraction (merch, signage, ads), but has barely been talked about.

Now THAT is a good theory. It’s honestly humorous we have a breakdown of the attraction. But in the same token, have so many questions. I kinda like it keeps the excitement and theories going. In that merch video they were making a big deal about that bird.

Surferboy567

LIGHTS!

CAMERA!

ACTION!

“Hooo-raaaayy fooor... HOLLYWOOD!!! That wacky ballyhooy HOLLYWOOD!!!”

Nothing‘s going to stop us now?

but seriously Hooray for Hollywood is a great song, I’m sure though that the runaway railway can come up with a great song.

...here is a sample of what they can do with music in a Mickey short...

Credit to Mickey Mouse on YT (that was definitely weird to type).

warning this song WILL get in your head.

Last edited:

Piebald

So we should hear reports starting Saturday right? I know a CM who's riding it then. Or do previews start sooner? Most of the times I've seen are for next week.

Rich Brownn

Nothing‘s going to stop us now?

but seriously Hooray for Hollywood is a great song, I’m sure though that the runaway railway can come up with a great song.

...here is a sample of what they can do with music in a Mickey short...

Credit to Mickey Mouse on YT (that was definitely weird to type).

warning this song WILL get in your head.

Ironically everyone thinks "Hurray for Hollywood" is celebrating Hollywood. Listen to the lyrics. It's actually poking fun at Hollywood.

Surferboy567

So we should hear reports starting Saturday right? I know a CM who's riding it then. Or do previews start sooner? Most of the times I've seen are for next week.

I believe previews start on Sunday, so it would make sense to start hearing reports around that timeframe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom