Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicHappens1971

Speaking of old parade float chassis, do we know what happened to the CADCTP floats? I know one of them got transformed into a float for Elsa at the Frozen Royal Welcome Parade at DHS, but what happened to the rest?
I mean we all know the Castle Float is STILL alive and kicking, aside from that I would assume some of them were stripped for FoF, and even if they hadn't been at the time, I doubt the parade is still sitting around somewhere.

jrhwdw

I mean we all know the Castle Float is STILL alive and kicking, aside from that I would assume some of them were stripped for FoF, and even if they hadn't been at the time, I doubt the parade is still sitting around somewhere.
THAT WOULD BE NICE THOUGH!!! Didn't someone ask what happened to the rumored 50 new chassis for MK?????? Or did someone deny MK of them?!?!?!

Bocabear

How pathetic would it be if Disney World got more for DISNEYLAND'S 50th Anniversary than it will for its OWN 50th anniversary?
It almost appears as if that is going to happen...We are not getting a new night parade, or the amazing transforming windows on Main Street, The Golden Castle treatment, The Golden ride vehicles at each of the original attractions. Aside from the misplaced TRON ride, is there anything happening in the Magic Kingdom besides millions spent on marketing?

Brer Panther

Aside from the misplaced TRON ride, is there anything happening in the Magic Kingdom besides millions spent on marketing?
Is there ANYTHING happening in ANY of the Disney World parks besides whatever they're going to do to EPCOT? Animal Kingdom needs more than just AVATAR Land (I've heard rumors about them doing something to Dinoland USA, but who knows if there's any truth to that). Hollywood Studios likely isn't going to get anything for a while after Crack Addict Goofy's Train Ride opens despite the fact that it needs more too (extra capacity is gonna be needed to tame those Star Wars Land crowds). Ratatouille's gonna be opening at EPCOT sometime this summer, with Guardians of the Galaxy opening next year... after that, I don't even know what's gonna happen at EPCOT next. The Play Pavilion looks and sounds like crap. I'm still on edge about what's gonna happen to Figment. After TRON opens, Magic Kingdom's likely not gonna get anything for a while.

Basically, Iger and Chapek are likely gonna assume that TRON and Guardians are enough to qualify as a celebration for Disney World's 50th anniversary and let the parks stagnate again. Maybe they'll announce something new at the next D23 Expo, but after the letdown that was 2019's D23 Expo, that's a big "maybe".

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
Fair enough, not surprising. What about the Pixar Play Parade? Though I don't think that's as good, it would still be a nice addition to DHS if such a move were possible.

Please note that I still advocate for a brand new light parade at MK - but if they are considering shipping a parade to WDW, I'd rather it be something new to the resort rather than just getting back MSEP. Sadly, grabbing parades from Anaheim or elsewhere seems like the most likely way to get any at WDW.
I’d heard from DL management that Play Parade was thrown in the dumpster. the Toy Story alien float was bought by MK for use in BTY.

MadTeacup

Things are happening. We just don't know what yet. Maybe some of you have noticed that the dams are being put in the Swan Boat Canal in front of the castle? I'm pretty sure the castle overlay is about to start. The reason we have heard nothing is because the parks' management has heard nothing so unfortunately, they're going to be working out all the details under a bit of a time crunch. The trouble is, when management finds out, EVERYONE finds out. Disney is doing a really good job of keeping the 50th a secret until they want us to know. Do not confuse silence for inactivity.

MadTeacup

I figured they would copy Disneyland and use their new color scheme as model. My concern is that they're forgetting why Cindy's castle has such a muted color scheme to begin with. The darker colors are impressive, but within two years they're going to be extremely faded from the Florida sun.

Dr.GrantSeeker

They don’t have enough money because they don’t have enough labor to keep up the parades. God bless them, but they don’t know what they are missing. Compare them to say, the Tokyo team, and the difference is like night and day.

Also, the dragon was rebuilt with assistance from the French. The dragon was all 3rd party, and the French dragon didn’t have the design flaw that the American dragon had, so the new dragon is based upon the superior French design. 🇫🇷

The whole thing about not having the labor to upkeep a parade leaves me with questions.
Does WDW not have a parade labor budget?
Is the talent extremely limited in Orlando for people that do this kind of work?
How does WDW even manage to run FoF?

PK2

It looks very pretty. Any idea how intrusive the refurbishment will be? Not sure if a full scaffold would be so feasible for 6 months as it is at other resorts, for example - poor Guest Relations having to deal with once-in-a-lifetimers in that situation...

TTA94

Not entirely sure this is part of the 50th or just a makeover they were going to do regardless? Seems a bit early for a 50th overlay. Or maybe more “gold” is to come and this is just the “under coat”

TTA94

It looks very pretty. Any idea how intrusive the refurbishment will be? Not sure if a full scaffold would be so feasible for 6 months as it is at other resorts, for example - poor Guest Relations having to deal with once-in-a-lifetimers in that situation...

Yeah heaven forbid if someone’s once in a lifetime vacation gets ruined, or a wedding??? Ooh boy!! Lol 😂

brb1006

Paint the Night fits in Magic Kingdom, save for Mack. Probably options to replace him though. The primary issue with WDW is how they treat parades, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the climate. The techs in Florida just aren’t as good as the ones in California, and it’s not really their fault. It’s that they are underpaid and don’t get the maintenance money to keep the floats up to snuff. California was disappointed in the condition that MSEP was in when it returned to CA after it was in FL. They just don’t take care of things well enough in Florida. That makes CA’s management hesitant to send a parade to FL. However, PtN is notoriously expensive to run. It’s not a cheap parade at all. We’re talking like 3x the budget to run PtN than MSEP. I’m not saying PtN isn’t coming to WDW, I’m just making some points here so some of you can see why it’s not as easy of a decision as you might like it to be.
Still want a successor to Spectromagic.

Rosso11

Not entirely sure this is part of the 50th or just a makeover they were going to do regardless? Seems a bit early for a 50th overlay. Or maybe more “gold” is to come and this is just the “under coat”

If I was betting I would say the castle is going to be done in 2 phases for the 50th. This is the first phase that they will use as a marketing tool for Cinderella’s Anniversary. Then there will be a second phase to add more elements for the 50th.

TTA94

Things are happening. We just don't know what yet. Maybe some of you have noticed that the dams are being put in the Swan Boat Canal in front of the castle? I'm pretty sure the castle overlay is about to start. The reason we have heard nothing is because the parks' management has heard nothing so unfortunately, they're going to be working out all the details under a bit of a time crunch. The trouble is, when management finds out, EVERYONE finds out. Disney is doing a really good job of keeping the 50th a secret until they want us to know. Do not confuse silence for inactivity.

Let’s hope. The castle paint job/makeover was rumored by some other insiders awhile ago. The only other, likely legit, insider rumor hinted about was a HEA 50th version. Then of course we have the “hopefully fake” MSEP rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom