Double Tree Suites – Experiences and Advice Needed.

Kenneth Davies

Apologies if this is in the wrong section!

Planning a trip for this September for my wife, teenage daughter, a longtime friend and myself for 10 days.

We looked initially at the family suites at the budget Disney resorts, but they are quite expensive.

We are now looking at the Disney Springs resorts, specifically the DoubleTree Suites.

Has anyone had a recent stay at this hotel? Can you provide any insight?

The biggest cons I can see so far are transportation to the parks and back, (might take longer then normal Disney buses, no airport transport, no option for the Dining plan if a free one if offered in the fall.)

None of these really look to be deal-breakers so far, and the price difference is dramatically less than staying on a Disney resort.

As a family we have been to Disney twice in the last 7 years, the last trip was 4 years ago, and both trips we stayed at a Disney resort and were wonderful trips. The offsite resort really looks like it will suit us this time around, but we want to try and make sure there is not something we are missing.

Thanks in advance!!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Thank you, any specific reason why?
Price and space mostly. I assume teenage daughter and friend-who-isn't-family will want some privacy and the Wyndham villas are very spacious.

I ran a random week in October and you'd be looking at $420 per night for a 1,257 square foot two bedroom villa, versus $550+ per night for a 565 square foot Art of Animation family suite.

Upvote 0

Dave B

I was going to ask, what the significant price difference is, if you don't mind posting it, I have always been curious, but never thought of staying off resort, it seems like way to many perks to offset the price, maybe I am wrong, looking forward to hearing back from you

Upvote 0

Kenneth Davies

Original Poster
I was going to ask, what the significant price difference is, if you don't mind posting it, I have always been curious, but never thought of staying off the resort, it seems like way to many perks to offset the price, maybe I am wrong, looking forward to hearing back from you

These are just all quotes at this point, So criteria are 3 Adults, 1 Teenager. 10 day stay.

All-star music family suite, 5 standard day Disney Park Tickets, 2 day Universal Ticket.
No Dining
Roughly $7800 US

Double Tree Suite with 2 queen and sofa beds
7 Day Park Hopper, 2 Day Universal (package deal with the hotel)
7 Day Quick Service Dining Cards
Roughly $5800 US

I am coming from Toronto Canada, So the exchange rate is a huge factor. Looking at a $2000US difference.

Disney tends to run specials for a free dining plan in September, which would be a big deciding factor, but there is no way to know when they announce it and if it would be included for the ASM resort. If they didn't, that would add another potential $2500US to the cost of the Disney resort if we purchased the dining plan.

Our extra expenses VS this Disney Resort at this point are

Transportation to and from the hotel from the Airport.
Breakfast and Dinner Costs. (with no guarantee of the free dining plan, this could also be a potential additional cost on the Disney Resort)

We are trying to figure out what we are missing, or if the additional cost is really worth it for the Disney resorts.
For the most part, we would not be spending loads of time at the hotel, Sleeping, the occasional swim, Breakfast, then off to the parks.

A big reason for this post.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Davies

Original Poster
Price and space mostly. I assume teenage daughter and friend-who-isn't-family will want some privacy and the Wyndham villas are very spacious.

I ran a random week in October and you'd be looking at $420 per night for a 1,257 square foot two-bedroom villa, versus $550+ per night for a 565 square foot Art of Animation family suite.

Thanks, I will look into this resort as well!

Upvote 0

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Doubletree is part of Hilton, so if you are not already a Hilton Honors member, it is worth signing up (it’s free) in order to benefit from lower room rates when booked directly on their website. Also, sometimes booking two rooms is cheaper than a suite (if there are combinations in your party where this might work).

Upvote 0

ELG13

I wouldnt necessarily count not getting the dining plan as a con since you'd be paying rack rate for the room in order to get the "free dining plan".

Upvote 0

Kenneth Davies

Original Poster
I wouldnt necessarily count not getting the dining plan as a con since you'd be paying rack rate for the room in order to get the "free dining plan".
Thanks.
The DoubleTree hotel has an offer for dining cards, works out to $40 worth of food per person per day, for a cost of around $32. We are considering going that route, and then paying for breakfast and dinner.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Thanks.
The DoubleTree hotel has an offer for dining cards, works out to $40 worth of food per person per day, for a cost of around $32. We are considering going that route, and then paying for breakfast and dinner.
That's not bad. I had some friends stay there this weekend and they had no complaints. They drove their car to the parks though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom