The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6: ODYSSEY - The Fortress of Fate

Brer Oswald

@Brer Oswald
Of the three we've summoned, you've been the most active. So you will likely survive this. Still, compared to your other four teammates you have done less. Moving forward, will you be more active? Anything preventing you from doing so?
I must say, it’s been difficult to be active. I had a job interview (with a company you may be a fan of) and it’s midterm season. I’d like to stay around as long as possible, the longer I stay the more likely I hit a stanza that’ll be perfect for me. Still, I understand if you would like to remove me.

Outbound

@MickeyMousketeer
I am here, I’ve been listening in, but it seems the curse has come up again.

Whenever I participate in something, start a project, or even host something, I all of the sudden get bombarded with schoolwork and have a very limited schedule.

So, you can do whatever you wish. You can eliminate me and I’ll be fine with that or you can keep me in, and I’ll try to be more active.

Thank you for responding in such notice. As @spacemt354 noted, it is important to alert your teammates when something like this happens. Compare yourself to the things others on your team are doing, and if you feel you're lagging behind due to real life, tell them.

It is early enough in the game for us to excuse your absence. Just don't expect a third chance...

Decision - Joins Team Tomorrow

Outbound

@Brer Oswald
I must say, it’s been difficult to be active. I had a job interview (with a company you may be a fan of) and it’s midterm season. I’d like to stay around as long as possible, the longer I stay the more likely I hit a stanza that’ll be perfect for me. Still, I understand if you would like to remove me.

Thank you for responding in such notice. It is important to alert your teammates when something like this happens. Compare yourself to the things others on your team are doing, and if you feel you're lagging behind due to real life, tell them.

It is early enough in the game for us to excuse your absence. Just don't expect a third chance...

Decision - Joins Team Yesterday

Outbound

And now one's journey has come to an end...

@Angels and Disney's you have been eliminated to the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6 due to inactivity. Should you ever reappear, you can take part in the comp as a guest judge.

3LUmhB8.png

1 Agent has been eliminated in Stanza II.
17 S.E.A. agents remain.
1 among them will be the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
The other 16 will go on to be eliminated.

The Founder's Ghosts resume their slumber,
but will be back at a later date.
Work hard this next Stanza or risk

being sent to the Fortress of Fate!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Stanza III Session

Team Tomorrow, as the losers of Stanza III, the Ghosts of those that founded S.E.A. will determine if you shall remain in the game.

The Project Manager and two teammates have been nominated for the Fortress.

The Fortress of Fate Summons:
@MickeyMousketeer
@FireMountain
@Disneylover152

You have 24 hours to respond or else be eliminated from the game.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@FireMountain

This was, unfortunately, not a round you connected with personally. And you did not have as much free time as usual. These two things combined would not have been too big of deal, had you not been Project Manager for the round. You have done a lot of introspection already on this round. And perhaps have already been too harsh of a self-critic. Your question is simple:

In future rounds, what strategies might you use to stay involved during stanzas you don't have as much of a personal connection with?

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@MickeyMousketeer

Th You already mentioned being sick this round. Which is a very understandable reason to be less active. However, this is the second stanza in a row where you have been summoned to the Fortress due to activity. Another simple question for you:

In future rounds, will you be able to be more active/involved? Or will you be summoned once again next stanza if you stay in the game?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@Disneylover152

You also mentioned in your team's conversation an apology for being less active this round. Saying that some personaly matters came up. This is fully understandable and happens to everyone (As you can see with the late reviews from the judge's this stanza). So, one simple question:

Will your schedule free back up allowing you to participate in future stanzas?

MickeyMousketeer

@MickeyMousketeer

Th You already mentioned being sick this round. Which is a very understandable reason to be less active. However, this is the second stanza in a row where you have been summoned to the Fortress due to activity. Another simple question for you:

In future rounds, will you be able to be more active/involved? Or will you be summoned once again next stanza if you stay in the game?
I think that it will be time for me to end my journey here. This competition is so great and I was so happy to be a part of it (not fully but somewhat here). I hate having to make this decision but it’s the right one for me combined with, now that I’m better, schoolwork and personal life. Thank you for the opportunity to be in this competition and good luck to everyone.

FireMountain

@FireMountain

This was, unfortunately, not a round you connected with personally. And you did not have as much free time as usual. These two things combined would not have been too big of deal, had you not been Project Manager for the round. You have done a lot of introspection already on this round. And perhaps have already been too harsh of a self-critic. Your question is simple:

In future rounds, what strategies might you use to stay involved during stanzas you don't have as much of a personal connection with?
In future rounds, I will try to do more research on projects I don't really connect with. I am currently trying to balance out my real life more so I can have more active on the forum.
I really want to stay in the game, I do. Stanza 3 was just a small hiccup.
(P.S: if you keep me in the game I'll give you pizza!)​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think that it will be time for me to end my journey here. This competition is so great and I was so happy to be a part of it (not fully but somewhat here). I hate having to make this decision but it’s the right one for me combined with, now that I’m better, schoolwork and personal life. Thank you for the opportunity to be in this competition and good luck to everyone.
A sad decision, but an understandable one. I think everyone on here has had to take hiatuses due to real life before. If you'd like to stay on as a guest judge, let us know!

DECISION - Eliminated from the Game

In future rounds, I will try to do more research on projects I don't really connect with. I am currently trying to balance out my real life more so I can have more active on the forum.
I really want to stay in the game, I do. Stanza 3 was just a small hiccup.
(P.S: if you keep me in the game I'll give you pizza!)​

Fully understandable! That can be a tough balance! Luckily, we do accept bribes. I prefer either all meat or a white pizza with spinach and bacon :p

DECISION - Stay in the Game

Last edited:

Disneylover152

@Disneylover152

You also mentioned in your team's conversation an apology for being less active this round. Saying that some personaly matters came up. This is fully understandable and happens to everyone (As you can see with the late reviews from the judge's this stanza). So, one simple question:

Will your schedule free back up allowing you to participate in future stanzas?

Unfortunately, I am not able to keep participating in the competition. My apologies.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
And now two journeys have come to their end...

@Disneylover152 and @MickeyMousketeer you have been eliminated to the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 6. Should you desire, you can take part in the comp as a guest judge.

1581397413038.png

2 Agents have been eliminated in Stanza III.
15 S.E.A. agents remain.
1 among them will be the Sorcerer's Apprentice.
The other 14 will go on to be eliminated.

The Founder's Ghosts resume their slumber,
but will be back at a later date.
Work hard this next Stanza or risk

being sent to the Fortress of Fate!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Stanza IV Session

Team Tomorrow, as the losers of Stanza III, the Ghosts of those that founded S.E.A. will determine if you shall remain in the game.

The Project Manager and two teammates have been nominated for the Fortress.

The Fortress of Fate Summons:

@kmbmw777
@gam3rprincess
@FireMountain

You have 24 hours to respond or else be eliminated from the game.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@kmbmw777

You were the Project Manager this Stanza. And you did a great job overall. But one big complaint for the project was that the different sections felt slightly disconnected from each other and the overall theme. In future rounds where you are PM, is there anything more you could do to help keep the project cohesive?

kmbmw777

@kmbmw777

You were the Project Manager this Stanza. And you did a great job overall. But one big complaint for the project was that the different sections felt slightly disconnected from each other and the overall theme. In future rounds where you are PM, is there anything more you could do to help keep the project cohesive?
I think that one thing I struggled with this round was time management. It's midterm season here, so I've been consumed with that and didn't have as much time to be as effective of a leader as I think I could have been. However, I think that once these two weeks are over, I will have more time to be an effective manager.

That being said, what I should've done differently is to organize the conversations differently. I've seen a lot of PMs create large TODO lists, with who is doing what and the progress on that. That way on the final day, there wouldn't be large chunks of the project that need to be completed with speed rather than care. I know this round, there was stuff which no one claimed, but I was a little too absent to notice. But with this lists, I would've been able to see who is doing what in one concise post rather than by scrolling through a few pages of discussion.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think that one thing I struggled with this round was time management. It's midterm season here, so I've been consumed with that and didn't have as much time to be as effective of a leader as I think I could have been. However, I think that once these two weeks are over, I will have more time to be an effective manager.

That being said, what I should've done differently is to organize the conversations differently. I've seen a lot of PMs create large TODO lists, with who is doing what and the progress on that. That way on the final day, there wouldn't be large chunks of the project that need to be completed with speed rather than care. I know this round, there was stuff which no one claimed, but I was a little too absent to notice. But with this lists, I would've been able to see who is doing what in one concise post rather than by scrolling through a few pages of discussion.
The lists are a big help! The biggest #LifeHack for being PM is just take five minutes at the start or end of everyday to keep a To Do List for the project updated. Of course, I know you know this. Like you said, it was just some bad timing for how busy you were.

DECISION - Stays in the game

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom