Question re: EPCOT Rope Drop from IG Entrance

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Hi all -

I couldn't find the answer on these forums, and I've seen conflicting info online regarding ropedrop from the IG entrance at EPCOT.

We have the Bon Voyage breakfast scheduled at Boardwalk, and my plan is to head straight over to the IG and ropedrop Frozen Ever After and the Anna/Elsa M&G, then swing around past Mexico into Future World. I just wanted to make sure that was actually possible to do and that we wouldn't be held up anywhere. I've rope dropped all of the parks numerous times, but I've never ropedropped EPCOT from the IG.

Thanks for any help.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Original Poster
And you will have to go through the UK and Canada pavilions and round that way. You cannot go via the US pavilion.
OK, so at park open, from the IG, you can turn right to get to France, then they stop you, or you can turn left to go past UK, Canada, Mexico and into Norway? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Herdman

We'll be staying at The Boardwalk when we visit. We are planning to do the same thing as far as using the IG entrance and rope dropping FEA. Do cast members lead you to FEA from the entrance?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We'll be staying at The Boardwalk when we visit. We are planning to do the same thing as far as using the IG entrance and rope dropping FEA. Do cast members lead you to FEA from the entrance?

No, you’ll be held somewhere inside the IG, I think it’s been before / on the bridge to the U.K. recently. Then they drop the rope at the same time as they do at the Main entrance.

Upvote 0

Herdman

OK, thanks. I know in the other parks they seem to have developed the practice of the cast members leading the way so the crowd doesn't stampede to the attraction of their choice. At least, they were doing this when we last visited in 2018. We've never entered Epcot through the IG entrance so this is good to know.

Upvote 0

Simba’s Mom

No, you’ll be held somewhere inside the IG, I think it’s been before / on the bridge to the U.K. recently. Then they drop the rope at the same time as they do at the Main entrance.

This probably doesn't help the OP, but the rope is no longer before/on the bridge by UK. Now that les Halles is open for breakfast, they moved the rope over to after France. But now that I see the above post, regarding the bridge being where the rope was in December (and I've eaten breakfast at Les Halles for several years), I'm confused. But regardless, you can't go that way to Norway.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
This probably doesn't help the OP, but the rope is no longer before/on the bridge by UK. Now that les Halles is open for breakfast, they moved the rope over to after France. But now that I see the above post, regarding the bridge being where the rope was in December (and I've eaten breakfast at Les Halles for several years), I'm confused. But regardless, you can't go that way to Norway.

They let people go up to Les Halles I think, and have a rope stopping people going any further round WS. And another rope at / on / just over the bridge to hold the crowd.

Upvote 0

HolleBolleGijs

A few weeks ago, we were stopped in between the UK and Canada, heading towards Future World. I don’t believe cast members were walking the crowd to FEA. I feel like the rope drop crowd for that isn’t as bad as it used to be. A lot of people were headed to Soarin’, as well. I didn’t feel like there was a rush to get over to Frozen, although weren’t trying to rope drop any specific ride.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Rope there or not, they always allowed you through if you said you were going to Les halles. You just couldn't go beyond. It's been 9 am opening for a long time now

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom