Trip Report They're coming over ... and we're not going to WDW??

Ok, some of you (I specifically remember @riverside and @Laurenciaa) asking if I'd consider doing a trip report. I'm more of a "behind the scenes person" but as so many of you have entertained me with amazing trip reports, it would be really impolite of me not to give back to you all. I'll do my best, because I hadn't thought of doing one before I left, so I didn't take any notes, and there are some huge holes in my pictures...

Without further ado:

WHO: Me, my DD C (14), my sister, and my BIL.
WHERE: POR Royal Rooms
WHY: Tiana is one of my absolute favorites!
WHEN: 28 December - 4 January

Some background:

Ever since our trip over in 2009, just before C started school, we've always combined a trip to visit my family with a trip to WDW as well. And each trip has been with my sister and my BIL. That year we went around Easter-time, because it was what worked best with my work schedule. And then of course C was in school, so I tried to be "correct" and take her during the summer holidays, but it was just too oppressively hot. Not just in Orlando, but up and down the entire East Coast where we visited family and friends. So I said NEVER AGAIN to summertime visits. And until she started junior high, I had a bit more leeway taking her out of school for a week or two outside of school holidays, citing such things as wanting her to experience unique cultural celebrations when we went back one year for Thanksgiving (huge cultural fail: C doesn't care for turkey, does not like stuffing, and does not like pecan pie!). On another trip, I was able to take her out a week before the Christmas break, allowing us to go to WDW around 15 December. But then C started junior high and things got complicated. Even taking her out for a day created all kinds of problems (and this was only for us to get to DLP early enough to get our bibs for the 5K race - held on a Friday evening - during the half marathon weekend). Luckily, that year (2017) I bundled my "request" for that one day and 2.5 days after Christmas together with a reason the school really couldn't refuse. So I said never again at Christmas-time...

But back in January-February 2019 I started to think about spending Christmas 2019 at my sister's (well, at one of my sister's). But C had exactly 2 weeks vacation and I did not have a reason the school couldn't refuse, so I told my sister we were coming for Christmas but given the fact that it is the busiest, craziest time at WDW, I thought we should skip it this time. My sister agreed. Since she and I were always the two planning/pushing for our trip to WDW, I figured that was the end of it. But then on Skype calls I'd hear my BIL say "they are really coming over but we aren't going to WDW"? And C would chime in occasionally with a "yeah mom, really?" So one day when it was just my sister and I on Skype, I mentioned that it sounded like my BIL really wanted to go ... and he's someone who rarely expresses emotions/desires. I told her it would be crazy, and there would be NO WAY I'd set foot in a park on New Years' Eve. But if everyone was willing for a more laid back trip, then I'd be ok with planning one. And so it was decided.

But in order to go away on vacation, we first had to bring Indiana and Caraïbes to kitty camp. And because I know you like kitty pictures:

This is a very rare picture of Indy. 1) she pretty much refuses to look anywhere into a lens (telephone, camera, or computer monitor) and 2) she is almost in constant motion so you have to take about a dozen pictures to finally get one that is only semi-blurry. This one is a unicorn: she is looking directly into the lens AND she is not moving!

Indy.JPG

This is Cara. Pictures of Cara are a dime a dozen. Cara will look directly into a lens. And while she may have her 10 minutes of running around like a crazy cat, outside of those 10 minutes she just sits/sleeps (or goes to the door and meows loudly for us to come home, even though we call out to her that we are in the living room).

Cara.JPG

Once the kitties were safely delivered to kitty camp C and I could actually pack a suitcase without constantly removing one or both cats. And I was officially on vacation. C still had one more day of school. And what does a 14 year old ask when you driving home from kitty camp just about the time all grocery stores are closing? (And before you think it was really late, grocery stores close at 7 pm weekdays. 6 pm on Saturdays. They are not open on Sundays.)

"Mom, do we have any bacon?" No, we're leaving tomorrow after school. We don't have much of anything in the fridge. Why?. "Because we decided to do a breakfast in class tomorrow morning, and I'm supposed to bring something typically american". Ummm, not sure what to tell you kid, because even if you ran to the grocery store when it opens at 7:30, you won't be able to cook bacon and get to class by 8:00. "Oh. But what should/could I bring?"

And this is my problem why??? Because I'm a mother. And I love my daughter. And I was probably feeling guilty about all the times lately I stayed in the office until after 7 pm so that I could try to get things off my desk before the end of the year... How about pancakes? I'm pretty sure we have some Aunt Jemima at home.

I made most of the pancakes ... starting at 6:30 am ... on my day off. In C's defence, she did get up early, and she did make some, but I realised that there was no way she was going to get to school on time if she continued making the pancakes. So I made most of them.

pancake.JPG

And after school (and after my hair cut and getting my nails done), we called a taxi and C and I were finally off. Don't let the smiles fool you. I am a VERY nervous flyer. I just "pretend" I am relaxed. C on the other hand loves flying.

Waiting for our first flight to Paris:

GVA to CDG.JPG

And finally the next morning for our transcontinental flight:

CDG to US.JPG

UP NEXT: After an atypical Christmas celebration, we make it to Port Orleans Riverside

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, 29 December continued

We left House of Blues and started wandering Disney Springs. I am always jealous when I see how a real Disney shopping area can be - the Disney Village at DLP is REALLY tiny compared to Disney Springs and is basically just a way to get from where the hotels to the two parks without having to take the bus and go through long security lines as there are fewer people going into the parks from the Disney hotels as from the other hotels, train station and parking lot. So I always enjoy making a stop at Disney Springs, which we usually do at the beginning of our trips, saying we'll come back again near the end ... and we never do!

I'm terrible about store names (and often confuse them with the DLP equivalent) but we stopped into a clothing store and I took a picture of C in the teacup (we love the teacups):

C in teacup.jpg

Once I had taken her picture, I was aware of my BIL standing by the doorway and a young girl with a Starbucks in her hand goes up to him and asks if it is ok for her to keep her drink. He answers very seriously "well, if you are VERY careful and don't spill it anywhere, I guess it'll be ok". It was so typically "him" and the type of thing that we laugh about throughout our trips.

We continued wandering in the store and saw the big castle picture which made me think of the Run Disney background they often have at the DLP race weekend and took the obligatory pictures :

C with castle.jpg
me with castle.jpg

I would have also liked to have a picture of both of us together, but by this time my sister and her husband had decided they'd had enough (we had been in the store all of about 5 minutes) and they'd gone outside.

We left the store to find them and continued wandering until we reached the Boathouse and saw the amphibious car and my BIL was really interested in going in one. My sister was less keen, so C and I joined my BIL.

This was our boat/car:

IMG_0229.jpg
IMG_0225.jpg

342521e1-a86b-4329-82ec-208f8610a56d.jpg

It's too bad that I have to hide my BIL's face, because he was clearly laughing about something very funny (but I know that neither him nor my sister would appreciate their pictures in the TR).

f9ef2d38-aa70-49fb-80a1-1e69101cb6e6.jpg

And I clearly was treating this ride as if it were a ride at Disneyworld :joyfull:

I have to admit, the whole time I was in the water I kept thinking about what might be in the water with us, but other than some birds, we saw no other wildlife :)

Up next: we return to dry ground

Attachments

• f9ef2d38-aa70-49fb-80a1-1e69101cb6e6.jpg
    f9ef2d38-aa70-49fb-80a1-1e69101cb6e6.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 34

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Sunday, 29 December continued

We left House of Blues and started wandering Disney Springs. I am always jealous when I see how a real Disney shopping area can be - the Disney Village at DLP is REALLY tiny compared to Disney Springs and is basically just a way to get from where the hotels to the two parks without having to take the bus and go through long security lines as there are fewer people going into the parks from the Disney hotels as from the other hotels, train station and parking lot. So I always enjoy making a stop at Disney Springs, which we usually do at the beginning of our trips, saying we'll come back again near the end ... and we never do!

I'm terrible about store names (and often confuse them with the DLP equivalent) but we stopped into a clothing store and I took a picture of C in the teacup (we love the teacups):

View attachment 448464

Once I had taken her picture, I was aware of my BIL standing by the doorway and a young girl with a Starbucks in her hand goes up to him and asks if it is ok for her to keep her drink. He answers very seriously "well, if you are VERY careful and don't spill it anywhere, I guess it'll be ok". It was so typically "him" and the type of thing that we laugh about throughout our trips.

We continued wandering in the store and saw the big castle picture which made me think of the Run Disney background they often have at the DLP race weekend and took the obligatory pictures :

View attachment 448465View attachment 448466

I would have also liked to have a picture of both of us together, but by this time my sister and her husband had decided they'd had enough (we had been in the store all of about 5 minutes) and they'd gone outside.

We left the store to find them and continued wandering until we reached the Boathouse and saw the amphibious car and my BIL was really interested in going in one. My sister was less keen, so C and I joined my BIL.

This was our boat/car:

View attachment 448469View attachment 448470
View attachment 448472

It's too bad that I have to hide my BIL's face, because he was clearly laughing about something very funny (but I know that neither him nor my sister would appreciate their pictures in the TR).

View attachment 448473

And I clearly was treating this ride as if it were a ride at Disneyworld :joyfull:

I have to admit, the whole time I was in the water I kept thinking about what might be in the water with us, but other than some birds, we saw no other wildlife :)

Up next: we return to dry ground
I love Disney Springs too! We always visit on our no-park days. I guess international visitors, like us, appreciate the shops more. We also like having so many food and beverage options.

The amphicars look like a lot of fun! I don't remember any TReporter trying those out before. Cool! :D

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love Disney Springs too! We always visit on our no-park days. I guess international visitors, like us, appreciate the shops more. We also like having so many food and beverage options.

The amphicars look like a lot of fun! I don't remember any TReporter trying those out before. Cool! :D

I usually get my fill of “shopping” when I‘m at my sister‘s but I do have fun wandering Disney Springs.

If I recall correctly, the amphicars are a bit pricey. C and I have done the London Duck Tours (when they had them) a few times - probably when we’d gone to London with family, maybe just the two of us as well, but my BIL likes flying even less than me, so he’s never been over and never done anything like it. But it was clear to my sister that he wanted to do it and she was willIng to pay so C and I went along for the ride 😉

lindawdw

I really enjoy walking around DS since they did the makeover and it's so fun to do the Photopass pictures in the Guest Services area! Was it expensive to do the amphibian car? We always enjoy watching others take it out into the water when we're at The Boathouse area!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
I really enjoy walking around DS since they did the makeover and it's so fun to do the Photopass pictures in the Guest Services area! Was it expensive to do the amphibian car? We always enjoy watching others take it out into the water when we're at The Boathouse area!

I can’t really tell you if it is expensive to do the car, because my sister paid for it, but I seem to recall thinking it was pricey at the time. And now that I’ve figured out how to hide my sister and her husband’s faces, I’ll be posting pictures from the photopass area shortly :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
Back on dry land, we continued to wander DS. It was getting muggy and crowded. I don’t like muggy and I don’t like crowded ... especially when it’s muggy. Our goal was to hit the big Disney store (is it also World of Disney in DS or is it only this in DLP? Fun fact, the ENTIRE World of Disney store at DLP is about the same size of just that first area you enter next to the Starbucks in DS). There were also some stores I wanted to see in the Marketplace Co-op. And I wanted us to get some photopass pictures.

We stopped in the hat shop to see if there was anything that interested my BIL. There wasn’t. We continued walking, but I knew that I wasn’t sure exactly where the Marketplace was, so when I saw a map of DS I stopped to look. There was a young guy (16-18 maybe) also looking intently at the map. My sister and her husband sat down. My daughter too. I called them all back over because dang it, I was NOT going to be Julie the cruise director. My sister and my daughter half heartedly looked where I pointed. I’m starting to walk away when I become aware that the guy is trying get my attention “um... if I want to go here (he pointed to something on the map) ... then I would go in which direction?” Poor kid - probably told his mom he knew what he was doing/where he was going but he didn’t have a clue. I pointed him in the right direction and got a huge smile and thanks in return.

We get to World of Disney and C sees Starbucks and lights up “Mom, can I PLEASE have a Starbucks?” Because I had some cash, I gave her a 20 dollar bill and told her to message me when she had her drink. By then my sister and her husband were already in the store (this would become a recurring theme) and I went inside. Since I knew that DS had WiFi (and C had no more roaming) I wasn’t too worried about C outside. I‘m wandering around in the store, looking at possible things to buy later in the trip, and not seeing either my sister or my BIL. Or hearing from C. My sister texted that they’d gone outside; I shortly followed. I find them but still no C ... who was still waiting for her Starbucks. It’s muggy and it’s crowded. C comes back over and I ask for the change. She has something like 4 dollars. I hit the roof (it’s muggy and crowded) because I just paid even more for a Starbucks at WDW than I would in Switzerland (country with one of the most expensive Big Macs in the world) ... not because it was in WDW but because C didn’t pay attention to the fact that I gave her 20, not 10 and for her, it all looks alike 😡. I can feel my sister getting peeved at my, because she doesn’t like it when I get angry with my kid. I know I need some me time so I tell them all to go off somewhere and I would give myself some time to take a chill pill.

They walk off together, I get myself a bottle of water and suddenly realize that the Marketplace and the photopass place are right there, so I go in to wander around. While I’m in there it starts POURING. When I’d had enough me time, I text to tell them I was in the Marketplace, which is also where the photopass place is. My sister‘s reply “how do we get there?” Oh lord, didn’t you look at the map when I showed it to you??? Aren’t you ten years older than me and an accomplished professional? “I don’t know; look for a map or ask someone”. Nah, that last sentence sounds too mature ... I’m the youngest of six and usually revert to childhood snark. I probably said look for the sign that says “Marketplace”. They find it, come inside out of the rain and I immediately proceed to lose them again because they don‘t watch me turn to the right to go to where the photopass place was. :banghead:

Eventually we all find one another and this is the result:
375532FD-3A2B-4436-8795-CF4DAAD564A3.jpeg
EFD155A9-8397-490D-A005-B3B294935644.jpeg
76DB60C2-096E-42C4-BA87-2E042A8BA3B7.jpeg
8E296E6D-7589-44E5-BB48-A156B62C47E4.jpeg
4500C896-0B76-4A5F-8188-72A841FF9677.jpeg
D13B2B5B-DE12-476A-AE47-64BE899C8821.jpeg

The rain was starting to let up, so we decided to find the boat back to POR. We arrive at the dock, the CM asks where we are going and when we says Port Orleans he says Riverside or French Quarter? We reply Riverside. He walks away saying he’s going to French Quarter and he gets back on his empty boat and leaves. 🤷🏼‍♀️ We would have been happy to walk back from French Quarter, but apparently that was not an option. While we waited for the next boat, I took this picture ... it isn’t a Disney duck @DisneyGigi, but it still made me think of you anyway 😉

3AC0EA63-BB8A-43A6-BF58-5C3EA847FC8C.jpeg

Up next: C and I head to the MK

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Back on dry land, we continued to wander DS. It was getting muggy and crowded. I don’t like muggy and I don’t like crowded ... especially when it’s muggy. Our goal was to hit the big Disney store (is it also World of Disney in DS or is it only this in DLP? Fun fact, the ENTIRE World of Disney store at DLP is about the same size of just that first area you enter next to the Starbucks in DS). There were also some stores I wanted to see in the Marketplace Co-op. And I wanted us to get some photopass pictures.

We stopped in the hat shop to see if there was anything that interested my BIL. There wasn’t. We continued walking, but I knew that I wasn’t sure exactly where the Marketplace was, so when I saw a map of DS I stopped to look. There was a young guy (16-18 maybe) also looking intently at the map. My sister and her husband sat down. My daughter too. I called them all back over because dang it, I was NOT going to be Julie the cruise director. My sister and my daughter half heartedly looked where I pointed. I’m starting to walk away when I become aware that the guy is trying get my attention “um... if I want to go here (he pointed to something on the map) ... then I would go in which direction?” Poor kid - probably told his mom he knew what he was doing/where he was going but he didn’t have a clue. I pointed him in the right direction and got a huge smile and thanks in return.

We get to World of Disney and C sees Starbucks and lights up “Mom, can I PLEASE have a Starbucks?” Because I had some cash, I gave her a 20 dollar bill and told her to message me when she had her drink. By then my sister and her husband were already in the store (this would become a recurring theme) and I went inside. Since I knew that DS had WiFi (and C had no more roaming) I wasn’t too worried about C outside. I‘m wandering around in the store, looking at possible things to buy later in the trip, and not seeing either my sister or my BIL. Or hearing from C. My sister texted that they’d gone outside; I shortly followed. I find them but still no C ... who was still waiting for her Starbucks. It’s muggy and it’s crowded. C comes back over and I ask for the change. She has something like 4 dollars. I hit the roof (it’s muggy and crowded) because I just paid even more for a Starbucks at WDW than I would in Switzerland (country with one of the most expensive Big Macs in the world) ... not because it was in WDW but because C didn’t pay attention to the fact that I gave her 20, not 10 and for her, it all looks alike 😡. I can feel my sister getting peeved at my, because she doesn’t like it when I get angry with my kid. I know I need some me time so I tell them all to go off somewhere and I would give myself some time to take a chill pill.

They walk off together, I get myself a bottle of water and suddenly realize that the Marketplace and the photopass place are right there, so I go in to wander around. While I’m in there it starts POURING. When I’d had enough me time, I text to tell them I was in the Marketplace, which is also where the photopass place is. My sister‘s reply “how do we get there?” Oh lord, didn’t you look at the map when I showed it to you??? Aren’t you ten years older than me and an accomplished professional? “I don’t know; look for a map or ask someone”. Nah, that last sentence sounds too mature ... I’m the youngest of six and usually revert to childhood snark. I probably said look for the sign that says “Marketplace”. They find it, come inside out of the rain and I immediately proceed to lose them again because they don‘t watch me turn to the right to go to where the photopass place was. :banghead:

Eventually we all find one another and this is the result:View attachment 448635View attachment 448636View attachment 448638View attachment 448639View attachment 448640View attachment 448641

The rain was starting to let up, so we decided to find the boat back to POR. We arrive at the dock, the CM asks where we are going and when we says Port Orleans he says Riverside or French Quarter? We reply Riverside. He walks away saying he’s going to French Quarter and he gets back on his empty boat and leaves. 🤷🏼‍♀️ We would have been happy to walk back from French Quarter, but apparently that was not an option. While we waited for the next boat, I took this picture ... it isn’t a Disney duck @DisneyGigi, but it still made me think of you anyway 😉

View attachment 448644

Love the PP pictures!!❤️

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the PP pictures!!❤

They were fun but weird. The CM says “stand on this line”. And then ”Look surprised, look (whatever), look up , put your arms out” . But there was practically NO time in between one order barked at us to the next. We were hoping to be able to move around, because as my sister rightly pointed out before the trip, all our pictures are usually the same - the 4 of us in a line. This trip we had wanted to “shake things up a bit”. In the end, it turned out that we split up a lot during this trip (which worked out best) so we were rarely together for PP pictures.

I’m really happy that C was willing to take tons of pictures during this trip, because we don’t often get pictures of the two of us together. And I don’t even mind that the pictures show how much she towers over her mamma 🤣

lindawdw

Sounds like a bit of a frustrating time at DS for you. Hope you were able to have some relaxation time for yourself. It's tough always being the tour guide. :rolleyes:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sounds like a bit of a frustrating time at DS for you. Hope you were able to have some relaxation time for yourself. It's tough always being the tour guide. :rolleyes:

Thanks - the day definitely got better. I was definitely frustrated by the 16 dollar Starbucks, but have to recognize that my teenager knows francs better than dollars (and the fact that each bill is a different color (and until recently a different size as well) helps in that respect). And the downpour helped with the mugginess and thinned the crowds.

DisneyGigi

Eventually we all find one another and this is the result:View attachment 448635View attachment 448636View attachment 448638View attachment 448639View attachment 448640View attachment 448641

View attachment 448644

I adore those guys too! Absolutely gorgeous birds. ❤️

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
After waiting a bit another boat came that was going to POR … by way of POFQ!

When we organized the trip, we knew it was going to be really crowded so we had planned on going to the MK for a few hours before our dinner plans at Hoop-Dee-Doo, because that would give us 3 additional FP+ choices over the length of our trip. I made the very first one for that day for Monsters Inc, because if I was going to miss any of my FP+, this would be one that wouldn't break my heart. With the rain we experienced at Disney Springs (which was rather short-lived), my sister decided she wasn’t interested in going to MK so she and my BIL were going to relax in their room. C was still willing (and wanting) to go to the MK.

When we disembarked at POR, it was already close to 3 pm, so we quickly stopped by the room to change and get a jacket and then we headed to the "main" bus depot to hop on the bus to MK. (@riverside - is the one by Fulton's the South Depot?). Since it was clear that we were going to miss our Monsters Inc FP+, I cancelled it on the bus, as well as the FP+ I had booked for my sister and her husband, so that they would be available for someone else.

After a short wait and a short ride, we were soon here:

604591932.jpeg
604592036.jpeg

As we walked into the park, I suddenly realised that 1. it was parade time and 2. I wasn't in Kansas ... um DLP and this meant no arcades to bypass Main Street!

Not to worry, the overflow area had been opened up and we were able to head toward our second FP+ which had already opened up. On the way, we snapped a few pictures:

DSC00483.JPG

DSC00485.JPG

Going via the overflow area meant that we experienced a different view of the castle, so I made sure to snap a picture:
DSC00487.JPG

Iconic picture taken, we were soon on our first ride of the trip:

DSC00489.JPG

My earrings foreshadow our next (and last FP+):

604649888.jpeg

I clearly don't know where the camera is in WDW as well as I do at DLP ;)

C and I keep laughing about the couple in the front - she is clearly REALLY peeved at her husband/boyfriend. And the woman in front of me looks rather bored!

I did look after Pirates to see if I could find another FP+ for us, but there was nothing available until much later, and we needed to start heading over to Fort Wilderness for our dinner reservation.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
We nevertheless still had time to waste, and for once C was game to stop for pictures, so we stopped at several locations as we walked back up Main Street towards the exit:

604670755.jpeg
604670667.jpeg
604670241.jpeg
604668340.jpeg
604668249.jpeg
604667333.jpeg
604667144.jpeg
604666598.jpeg

As we reached the flag pole, I realized that flag ceremony would soon be taking place, and having never seen it, I wanted to stop and watch it.

DSC00492.JPG

The CM (a CP CM) took her job very seriously, but at the same time lacked people skills. This was probably not the best placement for her. In order to keep people from approaching the Christmas tree, she kept repeating "you are going to want to take the outer circle". Maybe that is the way she was told to say it, maybe she was trying to call up her inner Yoda ("this is not the path you are looking for") but after hearing it for the umpteenth time I was really tempted to tell her that it was that people didn't "want" to take the outer circle, but that they had no choice.

It also turned out that the flag ceremony ended up being the only time we saw the Dapper Dans this trip, so I was glad we had the time to stop.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
Once the ceremony ended we made our way out the park to catch a boat to Fort Wilderness and while we were waiting we were entertained by Donald and Daisy 🤣🤣

IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG

We made it over to Fort Wilderness and sat waiting for my sister and BIL ... this would become a fairly consistent theme during our trip. They managed to make it just before the doors were opened for dinner :). We love Hoop-Dee-Doo and it is something we do every trip. C was only about six the first time we went, and at the time she wasn't all that comfortable with English, but it was in fact her that asked if we we could go back on our next trip, and now it has become a tradition. I did get a chuckle listening to one of the Christmas songs they sang which was probably from the 1950s ... which made reference to something that wouldn't have existed during the period that Hoop-Dee-Doo is supposed to be and thought "whoops - someone should have changed the lyrics a bit ;)

After having our fill of corny jokes, ribs, fried chicken and strawberry shortcake we made our way out because we still had one more activity on the docket for the night: an evening carriage ride through the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds.

IMG_0232.JPG

Unfortunately our pictures don't do justice to all the AMAZING decorations that people put up, but here are a couple to give you an idea:

IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG

After our carriage ride we hopped an internal bus to the main parking lot, hopped the first bus that arrived (which was for Disney Springs) and ... in what we end up being a recurring theme (at least for C and me) we got off at Disney Springs just as a bus for POR was pulling up.

Back in our room, I realized that the WiFi still wasn't working, so I called about it and was transferred to IT. They told me it was probably a router issue, they would reboot it and I would shortly have a connection. By this point I was exhausted and C was already in bed, so I thanked them and rather than wait for the reboot, I decided to check my emails in the morning before we left for breakfast. Spoiler alert: the reboot did not work!

Up next: EPCOT ... where C thought she nearly killed Mickey! (rest assured, C can be a bit dramatic sometimes ;) )

lindawdw

Glad you enjoyed your time at MK before having to take the boat over to Ft. Wilderness. You got some cute PP pictures of you and C. :) We did the carriage ride a few years ago at Christmas time and thought it was so fun to see all the camper decorations!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad you enjoyed your time at MK before having to take the boat over to Ft. Wilderness. You got some cute PP pictures of you and C. :) We did the carriage ride a few years ago at Christmas time and thought it was so fun to see all the camper decorations!

C and I had a great time this trip. Being a teenager isn’t easy and we certainly have our ups and downs as mother and daughter, but we were really in sync this trip :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom