Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

Frozen was cut from DCA's PTN because of the overhead Trolley wires, correct? So it should still be intact backstage. Unless it was destroyed to use for the Incredibles PTN Float???

Oh that’s right I forgot about the Trolly wires.

brb1006

If Mack is truly the only problem, it’s hardly beyond Disney entertainment to cut a float. The show is quite Pixar-heavy...they could adjust the lineup if they wanted to.

I love “When Can We Do This Again,” and I always saw crowds joining in singing along. IMHO, it’s one of the best things about the parade.
Keep in mind, that PTN was originally a parade created for Hong Kong Disneyland (where Pixar characters were more popular than the other Disney characters) which explains why it's so Pixar-heavy.

TTA94

Keep in mind, that PTN was originally a parade created for Hong Kong Disneyland (where Pixar characters were more popular than the other Disney characters) which explains why it's so Pixar-heavy.

At one point it was said MK may get their own version of PTN, or similar tech, which I’m assuming will feature more relevant characters and floats. What MK needs is more of a grand, elegant and elaborate parade like Spectro and Dreamlights. Not a wild dance party that is PTN. But gut feeling tells me it’s going to be PTN based especially if Steve Davison is involved lol.

drizgirl

With all the rumors of paid FP, and with the latest round of price increases, they should build Scrooge McDuck's money vault in the MK. It would certainly fit with the direction of the company.

TTA94

Something else to think about, which hopefully will be more positive news/hope for the 50th, and that is WDWs new president Josh D’Amaro, who was president of Disneyland. I’m not sure if he was the president during DLs 50th, or at a high enough roll at that point, but I’m sure he is well aware of the “big deal” the 50th was to many Disneyland fans, and the 60th. I would think he will want the same treatment for WDW. I can’t imagine him allowing the 50th to fall flat, especially in his new roll as president. Unless.... his hands are tied.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Something else to think about, which hopefully will be more positive news/hope for the 50th, and that is WDWs new president Josh D’Amaro, who was president of Disneyland. I’m not sure if he was the president during DLs 50th, or at a high enough roll at that point, but I’m sure he is well aware of the “big deal” the 50th was to many Disneyland fans, and the 60th. I would think he will want the same treatment for WDW. I can’t imagine him allowing the 50th to fall flat, especially in his new roll as president. Unless.... his hands are tied.

Matt Ouimet was DL President leading up to and during DL's 50th, Greg Emmer was his second-in-command.

jrhwdw

About Disneyland’s Magic Happens:

The part about this post that struck me was Magic Happens was 2 years in the making... IF MK was going to be getting a parade, seems like it should have been well underway by now 😕

Magic Happens may have been working for 2 years but it was just announced at D23 2019. What 6 months from the Feb 28 opening date? Hopfully MK has something up that even insiders can't see!

huwar18

lol I'd have to agree. The 50th will be the dud so many thought it would be. I tried to be optimistic but they always prove me right ....

I tried that for a while haha. I had my hopes up it would be like Disneyland's 50th or 60th. As of now, I don't see/hear anything that makes me want to take a trip for the 50th.

TTA94

Magic Happens may have been working for 2 years but it was just announced at D23 2019. What 6 months from the Feb 28 opening date? Hopfully MK has something up that even insiders can't see!

I don’t know unless things are being kept very hush hush. Which I don’t know the likelihood of that.
IF there were plans to bring over MSEP or PTN, it’s possible that decision won’t be made known to any insiders until, maybe the end of this year. There was a rumor PTN was going to return to, I assume DCA, this year. It even shows in the search bar on DLs main site, though the link doesn’t open. MSEP does not show at all.

IF, big IF, PTN is going to visit MK for the 50th, honestly to avoid upsetting the west coast fans tooo much, it would probably be best to Not return PTN there and just have it’s next return be at MK in 2021. Still might be pitchforks coming out though lol. Now if it’s MSEP then the west coast fans will have no issues with that being sent back to WDW again lol.

jrhwdw

I don’t know unless things are being kept very hush hush. Which I don’t know the likelihood of that.
IF there were plans to bring over MSEP or PTN, it’s possible that decision won’t be made known to any insiders until, maybe the end of this year. There was a rumor PTN was going to return to, I assume DCA, this year. It even shows in the search bar on DLs main site, though the link doesn’t open. MSEP does not show at all.

IF, big IF, PTN is going to visit MK for the 50th, honestly to avoid upsetting the west coast fans tooo much, it would probably be best to Not return PTN there and just have it’s next return be at MK in 2021. Still might be pitchforks coming out though lol. Now if it’s MSEP then the west coast fans will have no issues with that being sent back to WDW again lol.
Who knows ?? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think DEP played Easter Weeks at DCA in 2010 after it was known it was coming back to MK for summer 2010??

TTA94

The only parade I wish was up for grabs was Tokyo’s Dreamlights. But I would think TDL would make a big deal of Dreamlights ending. Plus I imagine that would be a no easy task shipping all those floats over.

Squishy

I'm cerious to what happens with the pixar play parade floats, there was a rumor that it was dismantled but then what happened to the chassis?

TTA94

Just read that Magic Happens will include music from Wishes and Remember The Magic?? Not sure how much of it... That is music that should be reused for MK for the 50th IMO, not at DL. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom