Trip Report It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas! *COMPLETED*

The soothing croon of Michael Bublé kept reverberating in my mind as I pondered starting yet another trip report. Like summer, the Christmas season makes me happy. Going to WDW during the Christmas season makes me VERY HAPPY. The joy of sharing my trips with my WDWMAGIC friends makes me happier still. Thank you for the encouragement to keep on writing!

Holiday Vacation #1
When: November 16-23, 2019
Where: Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Who: Tuvalu and Woody

Looky! I finally got a Magic Shot!

8C56E00E-3234-4EFE-BE77-9111D4282F2B.jpeg

Okay, so it’s a bit creepy. But it leaves no doubt that this was a CHRISTMAS trip.

In mid-November. :hilarious:

But hey, we had Halloween in August!

And yours truly was very excited to experience Christmas decor at the resorts and in 3 of the 4 parks. (Epcot was still in full “Food and Wine” mode.) It wasn’t always this festive in November. We’ve been this same week in the past and outside of MK, there was very little decorating completed. I was so disappointed the year we stayed at WL (very close to turkey day) and missed out on the holiday stuff. I was worried the same thing would happen again. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Woody, on the other hand, is a “Let’s celebrate Thanksgiving before shifting our focus to Christmas” kind of guy. Growing up, his family did not put up their tree until CHRISTMAS EVE. (Can you imagine?!!) Over the years he has mellowed, thanks to my influence, and better tolerates the Christmas creep. Yet I was concerned that his inner Scrooge might reveal itself during this vacation.

I needn’t have worried. But I’m getting ahead of myself again.

Our week consisted of some new experiences and old experiences....some frustrations....some drama (of course!)....and a very magical meet.

Stay tuned.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We had FPs in Epcot. Time to park hop!

As we were exiting DHS, we noticed this placard. Em is holding out three fingers to indicate Boarding Group 3!

A282DBAF-AAA5-48F0-A497-E96DEACFFCD7.jpeg

She was excited for her maiden voyage on the Skyliner.

75928823-0AFF-47FE-9D45-9BDF9F43D41D.jpeg

It wasn’t windy so our cabin did not sway, much to my relief.

B8426AF6-A9EA-4CE8-BB7C-FF747AD04C1C.jpeg

Em was impressed with the swift, quiet ride. Our transfer to the Epcot line at CBR went seamlessly.
Soon we arrived at the IG.

D3112DE7-D88F-4A70-9289-157B1A8A3484.jpeg

12149832-D388-45CD-BFAC-446115EC29B9.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

We were hungry. Em knew the perfect place for a snack.

Where is this place in Hollywood Studios? I can't believe I don't even know about another bakery! YAY!

Em was impressed with the swift, quiet ride. Our transfer to the Epcot line at CBR went seamlessly.

Well, if she liked the Skyliner, I think I will, too! ;) Looking forward to my first ride!

lindawdw

TSL looked pretty crazy this morning but I'm glad your wait time felt like it went fairly quickly for you since you were still pumped with your ROTR chatter!!! I love your 25th anniversary sweatshirt and I remember the pink castle well since we had the chance to go to WDW three time that year! I know a lot of people didn't like the castle pink but I actually loved it. I knew it was just for the year and it was a special celebration! Glad Em enjoyed the skyliner ride!

Rista1313

From what I’ve read the Pepto Bismol pink was a one and done.
I can still hear the “Remember the Magic” parade music in my head. It was way worse than IASW. :joyfull:
But my family has wonderful memories of being there for the 25th, and seeing that shirt made me very nostalgic.

I think I mentioned somewhere before, but I was apparently there that year as well... I have pictures of the Pink puffy castle.

Pirate Magic

We had FPs in Epcot. Time to park hop!

As we were exiting DHS, we noticed this placard. Em is holding out three fingers to indicate Boarding Group 3!

View attachment 447662

She was excited for her maiden voyage on the Skyliner.

View attachment 447663

It wasn’t windy so our cabin did not sway, much to my relief.

View attachment 447665

View attachment 447666

View attachment 447667

I just love the Skyliner and so does my sister. My niece and nephew not so much!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love your 25th anniversary sweatshirt and I remember the pink castle well since we had the chance to go to WDW three time that year! I know a lot of people didn't like the castle pink but I actually loved it. I knew it was just for the year and it was a special celebration!
I think I mentioned somewhere before, but I was apparently there that year as well... I have pictures of the Pink puffy castle.
I find it interesting that the official “Remember the Magic” poster does not have a pink cake Cinderella Castle.

B74980BF-6FCD-4076-86AF-F578F27EB435.jpeg

But I probably wouldn’t have had it framed if it did! :joyfull:

I just love the Skyliner and so does my sister. My niece and nephew not so much!!!
I love it when it’s not windy. (Can’t speak for the heat, as I have only ridden in cooler temps.) Height doesn’t bother me at all.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, con’t

We opted to tour World Showcase counter-clockwise. Made a right turn on the bridge towards France.

AC10EA7E-3AAE-4F8F-A050-7AA485D7B454.jpeg

Hey now, why are you giving us the side-eye? You’re the ones wearing pajamas in a theme park.

5B3DD45C-9B72-4D3E-83B5-8FD6CE18B9F2.jpeg

Was it really that hard to put on clothes?

The Cinema was closed for refurbishment.

B2F958C7-0BA4-433B-AD63-DFE8DA29193F.jpeg

The Promenade was much less busy than it had been last month during Food and Wine.

EF8B0444-2EDE-4200-9D03-61F19ACE813C.jpeg

Em and I admired the holiday decor in each country that was decorated. Of course we were partial to the tree in America.

F6107024-229D-4F22-8ED8-1EF328CF1A5C.jpeg

Heritage Manor Gifts has been transformed into an Art of Disney store. I hope this is temporary; I liked the distinct Americana merchandise that was available here.

0BAE8B13-A2A2-447E-B92F-DB7674D2D25D.jpeg

Now it is strictly Disney art. (At least the sign above the door gives warning!)

5C8A411D-0893-40C0-AECA-6B6A5D65DAF8.jpeg

We used to pop into Karamell Küche. No more. The prices have become crazy.

7EC9C46A-A419-412B-9417-F8756A11B9EC.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
By the time we reached Mexico we were ready to be off our feet for a little while. Granted it was just a 10 minute boat ride, but every moment seated provided a respite from aching toes.

5C338894-21DD-41CE-A93E-694AC1025B87.jpeg

F1F7260B-85DF-4CA8-8A2E-DC89D43969A3.jpeg

We as a society have become dumb.

How dumb, you ask?

So dumb that three signs are now required to remind us to stay seated as boats prepare to dock.

One....
FCE75F89-FDD1-4E4E-8A84-186EEB434CB2.jpeg

Two....
CF637027-1680-4DC8-95F5-A3A10F94F6E9.jpeg

Three....
43C0902A-C069-477F-A6CB-F84F469848D0.jpeg

Who ARE these people who stand up before the ride has concluded??!! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I had told Em about The Epcot Experience and she wanted to see it for herself.

5239758B-9007-4DEF-835B-559C103A3E4F.jpeg

Both of us now recommend stopping inside the Odyssey to preview the upcoming changes to the park. It *almost* makes the current WALL (cot) situation bearable.

We then retraced our steps for a very important snack we’d forgotten to try.

9D8811EF-C265-4B1D-8CC3-970E4BF86F65.jpeg

Only one item in the handful of holiday food booths tempted us. Fortunately for our feet, we did not have to travel far.

( Definitely not as far as these guys did!)
C74A110D-164C-4328-ADA1-61B90BC4F068.jpeg

D56E0185-9F2A-4D72-B19A-CED858DCFFD0.jpeg

Love the crowns and stars!

D2E223E1-3936-4293-9DF1-BE1C165029C3.jpeg

What did we have to have?

A Chocolate Crinkle Cookie.

F370E5D4-5238-46B8-BF0B-39A3C6B71154.jpeg

Yes, we’d already had a giant cookie today ~ the Num Num. Don’t judge. 🤣

This Crinkle cookie was DELISH! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, full of dark chocolaty flavor. @Darstarr, you must have gotten a bad one. It took great restraint for me not to go back to the booth and purchase another one.

lindawdw

I enjoyed your stroll around the WS!!! What the heck is wrong with people walking around the parks in their pajamas! I really don't understand people who think that doesn't look weird!:rolleyes: Love your humor with the Fiesta Boat Tour signs!🤣 Your chocolate cookie looked soooo good! I wish I had tried the cookies from the cookie stroll in December!

MickeyCB

Hey now, why are you giving us the side-eye? You’re the ones wearing pajamas in a theme park.

5B3DD45C-9B72-4D3E-83B5-8FD6CE18B9F2.jpeg

Was it really that hard to put on clothes?
Yeah, not getting that at all.
Am I the only one who likes the Peppermint Girls and Babies in Cups? I think they're cute!, and fit nicely with the vintagy feel of DHS Christmas decorations. :)
Not the only one, I love the 40 and 50's Christmas decorations!
We as a society have become dumb.

How dumb, you ask?

So dumb that three signs are now required to remind us to stay seated as boats prepare to dock.
How about one time on that ride, as it was coming to an end, a kid (that his oblivious parents were totally ignoring) was hanging off of the boat in front of us dragging his fingers to the right of the boat and then to add a little more excitement bent over the back to put his hands between his boat and ours!! o_O Could have gotten really messy really fast!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What the heck is wrong with people walking around the parks in their pajamas! I really don't understand people who think that doesn't look weird!
How about one time on that ride, as it was coming to an end, a kid (that his oblivious parents were totally ignoring) was hanging off of the boat in front of us dragging his fingers to the right of the boat and then to add a little more excitement bent over the back to put his hands between his boat and ours!! o_O Could have gotten really messy really fast!
People. :bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom