Shhhh... don’t tell my husband

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I may or may not be trying to go this August 2020 for a short 4 nighter with just me and my two daughters.
I haven’t told my husband that I’ve been looking 😆

With that said, what rides can I go on with them (DD6 & DD3) where we can sit with each other? I know most of the kid friendly rides we’ll be fine sitting together, but what about to ones like Slinky Dog, Splash, BTRR and other high ticket rides? I guess if we all can’t ride next to each other, either my 6 y/o will have to ride alone or we don’t ride at all 😔.

Last edited:

baymenxpac

FWIW, i'm an only child, so my parents and i were always a party of 3. i wasn't a small kid (i was never really skinny, per say, and was tall). the three of us comfortably rode big thunder and splash until i was at least...like 9 or 10, so i would think you'll be fine. obviously, can't speak to slinky, since this was 25 years ago.

i will say, though, that i don't know if disney has any concrete rules on smaller kids riding on the inside. in the situation i grew up in, obviously there was an adult on either side of me. i'm particularly thinking of splash and big thunder, i don't know if they can/will come down on you at all, since your 6-year-old will likely be on the outside. just something to consider and/or have others chime in on.

Club Cooloholic

I may or may not be trying to go this August 2020 for a short 4 nighter with just me and my two daughters.

With that said, what rides can I go on with them (DD6 & DD3) where we can sit with each other? I know most of the kid friendly rides we’ll be fine sitting together, but what about to ones like Slinky Dog, Splash, BTRR and other high ticket rides? I guess if we all can’t ride next to each other, either my 6 y/o will have to ride alone or we don’t ride at all 😔.
Can I ask, is he not a Disney fan or is it work related because it's tough doing it alone with kids that age. Heck I had a 10 and 7 year old one night at an indoor waterpark and was stressed. Maybe an aunt or grandparent would be open to coming along?

NYwdwfan

I’m not sure your 6 year old can ride herself. I remember the CM told my daughter she could ride Dumbo herself when she turned 7. My kids once wanted to ride TSMM together and the CM asked their ages and it was below the “ride without an adult” age (we didn’t know there was one) and they immediately pulled up the side of the car and flipped a switch to stop the ride so we could switch positions.

EDIT: According to the website, under 7 must be accompanied by someone 14 or older.

jaklgreen

I started going solo with my girls when they were 2 & 3 years old. It is fun, but I ran into the same thing that you are dealing with. There will just be some rides that you will have to skip. But that is OK. I might get flamed for this, but WDW is not just all about the rides. We had a great time going around World Showcase and taking in the entertainment. AK has great nature/animal trails that most people skip but we really enjoy them too. As far as rides, it will depend on how your 6 yo feels about riding either in front of you, or behind you in some of the rides. If she is not comfortable, then just skip the ride. Depending on your size, you should be able to fit together in any of the seats that are not individual like splash and BTMRR, if your little one fits the height requirement. I am sure that you will have a great trip with your girls.

Piglet_the_brave

We had a similar situation a few years ago. Tried to go on barnstormer with an 8, 6 and 4 year old. CMs would not allow the 6 and 8 year olds to ride together even though they would be right in front of me. The 6 year old had to sit next to someone over 14. I was surprised because the previous year it hadn’t been a problem, and was told that it was a recent change. So we couldn’t ride. The following year was fine because the older ones were 9 and 7 so were allowed to ride together.

So anything where only 2 people can fit or there’s 2 distinct seats (barnstormer, Slinky Dog, Seven Dwarfs) you unfortunately won’t be able to ride. Toy Story Mania we weren’t allowed to do 2 and 2, we had to do 3 and 1 so one person couldn’t play. And the CMs were very diligent in checking ages. They never asked me how old the children were, they always asked the children. Kids don’t tend to fib about their ages

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Can I ask, is he not a Disney fan or is it work related because it's tough doing it alone with kids that age. Heck I had a 10 and 7 year old one night at an indoor waterpark and was stressed. Maybe an aunt or grandparent would be open to coming along?
He likes Disney, but not as much as I do. I’ve done trips solo with my oldest daughter. We’d only do MK and Epcot. I don‘t have anyone else to tag along with me, but I’ll be fine with them solo.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We had a similar situation a few years ago. Tried to go on barnstormer with an 8, 6 and 4 year old. CMs would not allow the 6 and 8 year olds to ride together even though they would be right in front of me. The 6 year old had to sit next to someone over 14. I was surprised because the previous year it hadn’t been a problem, and was told that it was a recent change. So we couldn’t ride. The following year was fine because the older ones were 9 and 7 so were allowed to ride together.

So anything where only 2 people can fit or there’s 2 distinct seats (barnstormer, Slinky Dog, Seven Dwarfs) you unfortunately won’t be able to ride. Toy Story Mania we weren’t allowed to do 2 and 2, we had to do 3 and 1 so one person couldn’t play. And the CMs were very diligent in checking ages. They never asked me how old the children were, they always asked the children. Kids don’t tend to fib about their ages

this is interesting. Thanks for the info. Now that I’m thinking of it, we may not even make it to HS anyway... and my daughter won’t care/realize that she’s missing out on certain things because we’ll be so busy just doing stuff.

Piglet_the_brave

He likes Disney, but not as much as I do. I’ve done trips solo with my oldest daughter. We’d only do MK and Epcot. I don‘t have anyone else to tag along with me, but I’ll be fine with them solo.
It’s completely doable. I’ve travelled alone with mine starting at ages 3, 5 and 7 because my husband couldn’t get time off work. And we’re coming from the UK so transatlantic flights and staying for 2 weeks. There’s always some glitches, nothing’s perfect, but we’ve always had an amazing time. You sound like you’re incredibly comfortable with the idea of travelling alone with them, so go and have fun.

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I go to the parks all the time alone with my 2 kiddos! They're 5 and 7. I do live close by but I spend entire days there and take bus/gondola between parks instead of parking at different places.

Kids can't ride 'alone' (in a row behind you/in front) until they're 7 which makes it easier. Most rides will fit 3 pretty comfortably though with the smaller kiddos.

It can be somewhat stressful but isn't too bad. I did a 4 day vacation to disneyland alone when they were 6 and 4 and it went surprisingly well. Depends on the kids too - mine can be very energetic but generally listen well and always stay close to me.

I have to forego rides occasionally but it's still a really fun experience. It's a lot easier when you just go with the flow and take things in at their pace.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I go to the parks all the time alone with my 2 kiddos! They're 5 and 7. I do live close by but I spend entire days there and take bus/gondola between parks instead of parking at different places.

Kids can't ride 'alone' (in a row behind you/in front) until they're 7 which makes it easier. Most rides will fit 3 pretty comfortably though with the smaller kiddos.

It can be somewhat stressful but isn't too bad. I did a 4 day vacation to disneyland alone when they were 6 and 4 and it went surprisingly well. Depends on the kids too - mine can be very energetic but generally listen well and always stay close to me.

I have to forego rides occasionally but it's still a really fun experience. It's a lot easier when you just go with the flow and take things in at their pace.
I love this, your positivity and experience. Thanks for sharing. My kids are pretty well behaved too and I would stay close to me too... especially if they know we’re going tot have loads of fun wherever we go. Thanks again for sharing!

buseegal

I love this, your positivity and experience. Thanks for sharing. My kids are pretty well behaved too and I would stay close to me too... especially if they know we’re going tot have loads of fun wherever we go. Thanks again for sharing!
she has one thing going for her that you do not. her oldest is the "magic" 7 years old while yours is 6. be prepared to not be able to have 6 year old ride in row ahead of you. my grandson while 6 and bigger than his 7 year old brother was not allowed to ride with him. oldest brother had to squeeze him in with him and youngest.

Eamethyst

How tall are both of your daughters? Start there. Your daughters and yourself will be able to ride. Allot of people go to Disney with 3 people or more. So when you get to a ride that only seats two you, there will probably be a group of 3 people. Ask one of the adults or kids that is over 14 if your daughter can ride with them. I've done it. Look at the Disney site. It will show you pictures of the rides. You can see if the ride is a two seated or more. https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/attractions/#/sort=location/

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom