News 'Star Wars A Galaxy Far, Far Away' stage show and some meet and greets to end alongside entertainment shift to Galaxy's Edge?

surfsupdon

I hope this means that we will always have an unobstructed view of the Chinese Theater at the end of Hollywood Blvd!!

I agree too about Galaxy’s Edge. The land, tho crowded just felt dead. No kinetic energy. The ships and flying things just felt like movie props. Get some streetmosphere characters Star Wars style!! Hope the land gets some attention in way of performances and shows.

Movielover

It’s also odd why Jedi training doesn’t take place within GE.

Because it does't take place during the set time of Galaxies Edge. At this point in the story Rey is the last Jedi and just starting her training under Leia, so suddenly having a full Jedi temple with multiple Jedi Masters goes against this.

Cue the normal "Galaxies Edge should not be set in one time point" argument...

Also why change, its fine where it is next to Star Tours. Its a unnecessary change.

TrainsOfDisney

Because it does't take place during the set time of Galaxies Edge. At this point in the story Rey is the last Jedi and just starting her training under Leia, so suddenly having a full Jedi temple with multiple Jedi Masters goes against this.

Cue the normal "Galaxies Edge should not be set in one time point" argument...

Also why change, its fine where it is next to Star Tours. Its a unnecessary change.

I don’t know any of that, nor do I care. I just think guests would want to see their kids up on a stage in the new billion dollar Star Wars land. It really doesn’t matter to me where it is, since I don’t watch it either way. It just seems like it would add a little kinetic energy to the land. At least they still have it in dhs, they cut it entirely in DL.

BromBones

There's nothing more immersive about Space Adventure Land (in space) than when you put some hokey show on one of the stages.

I'm still waiting for the First Order troopers to patrol the streets, mark through, ensure order and maybe even apprehend a dressed up
CM resistance member.
Alas....nothing.

BromBones

I don’t know any of that, nor do I care. I just think guests would want to see their kids up on a stage in the new billion dollar Star Wars land. It really doesn’t matter to me where it is, since I don’t watch it either way. It just seems like it would add a little kinetic energy to the land. At least they still have it in dhs, they cut it entirely in DL.

I don't think we need some silly show. I think they need to do what they originally announced they would do..have an organic, immersive experience throughout the land with stormtroopers policing the streets, vendors trying to sell goods, spies lurking about, innocent citizens being apprehended for not obeying minor laws, some bounty hunters making cameos, and some renegade coming in starting a little trouble ending in a shootout.

That is immersive and fun and we shouldn't know when to expect it.
Anything else lessens the area and it doesn't need it. It's already Space Adventureland (in space).

TrainsOfDisney

I don't think we need some silly show. I think they need to do what they originally announced they would do..have an organic, immersive experience throughout the land with stormtroopers policing the streets, vendors trying to sell goods, spies lurking about, innocent citizens being apprehended for not obeying minor laws, some bounty hunters making cameos, and some renegade coming in starting a little trouble ending in a shootout.

That is immersive and fun and we shouldn't know when to expect it.
Anything else lessens the area and it doesn't need it. It's already Space Adventureland (in space).

I agree. I’d love to see “Citizens of Batuu” - the stunt show that was announced, etc. but I’d rather walk past a Jedi training (or whatever would work with the theme of GE) than an obviously empty stage turned photo op.

Surferboy567

Do we think that part of this is not wanting the mobile stages in the middle of the park with MMRR opening? Or is there a plan to still use the stages during the day?

It would make sense they would want you to have the view of the Chinese theater and by extension the runaway railway sign in full view.

disneygeek90

I hope this means that we will always have an unobstructed view of the Chinese Theater at the end of Hollywood Blvd!!

I agree too about Galaxy’s Edge. The land, tho crowded just felt dead. No kinetic energy. The ships and flying things just felt like movie props. Get some streetmosphere characters Star Wars style!! Hope the land gets some attention in way of performances and shows.
Last weekend there were constant characters out and about. Every turn we were running into Kylo, storm troopers, Rey etc.

jrhwdw

I get that people want more entertainment or something in SWGE but what will happen to the rolling stages??? They look nice(IMO)and can move out the way unlike the first DHS/SWW Stage. I wouldn't mind something more DHS than SW going on that stage!

Are we thinking SW: AGS is staying? I'm not worried about Wonderful World Of Animation staying, that's a given
I think. SW: AGS doesn't seem to use the launch point behind TSL anymore since the renewal on NYE. I wouldn't mind something like Sorcery In The Sky or the NYE show from 2015, they have the low pyro power to do something if they want to move all SW to SWGE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom