Pre-Trip We're going back home to Walt Disney World!

Hey folks! Hubs and I are headed back to Walt Disney World. It has been 535 days since our last trip to WDW (not that I counted our anything). But we weren't Disney free we were annual passholders for Disneyland last year which was great. WDW is "home" though so we are excited to be headed back.

So let's start with some details....
Who: Me (Amy) and hubs (Brad)
IMG_8900.JPG

Where: Pop Century
When: March 5-14

So today was our fast pass day and I faithfully got up early to get my fast passes. I have become a huge fan of Disneyland's Maxpass system so getting into the groove of this fast pass 60 days in advance thing is a little tough. Well, I logged into my computer made two fast passes and then boom...I was logged out. Tried to get in and it wouldn't recognize my password. It kept saying it was the wrong password.....ummm no it wasn't. So I grabbed my phone and luckily I could still make my fast passes and right after I finished getting the fp's and taking screen shots...boom! Logged out and couldn't get back in. Hubs couldn't get in either, so I realized it wasn't me but probably something on Disney's end. I figured I was lucky to get my fp's and I was thankful I thought to take screen shots of them. Well, apparently there was a problem on Disney's end as I read about on another site later. Whew, glad I got in when I did!

We do have some fun stuff planned. Brad is a huge Star Wars fan and is really looking forward to Rise of the Resistance and making his light saber. He saved that experience for WDW and chose to make his droids in Disneyland. I'm really looking forward to becoming a regular at the Baseline Taphouse again, haha! We also have Villains event, Frozen dessert party, and Rose & Crown dining package booked for Epcot Forever.

Anyway, I'll share more plans later. But I'm very curious if any other WDW magicians will be there during that time, it would be fun to have a magical meetup!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I thought I would share this here as it is kind of related to my report. Anyway, a friend from college days contacted me a about a week ago about doing a girls trip this summer. We went to Florida together in 2018 which included a day at Epcot. So I agreed that would be fun but we had to pick a location. We wanted to go west this time, so places like Seattle, Portland, and San Diego were batted around. Yesterday we finally agreed upon Los Angeles (her idea) with the majority of time spent actually more north in the Santa Barbara area.

I teased her about me being so near Disneyland and not going and she said she wouldn't "hate" going there if I really wanted. Well she isn't a Disney person and really can't do rides because of motion sickness. I knew that it would be a sacrifice for her to go and I would rather us go places that we would both enjoy. After we picked our days, I thought about it and I thought "We are flying out of different cities and I could come in a couple days early and do Disneyland before meeting up with her." So I'm going to Disneyland again!!!! YAY! It will just be for a couple days before she flies in but I figured as long as I'm in the area it would be a shame not to go.

By the way, has anyone stayed or traveled to the Santa Barbara area? We are looking for a nice place to stay or other ideas of things to do.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
So I thought I would share this here as it is kind of related to my report. Anyway, a friend from college days contacted me a about a week ago about doing a girls trip this summer. We went to Florida together in 2018 which included a day at Epcot. So I agreed that would be fun but we had to pick a location. We wanted to go west this time, so places like Seattle, Portland, and San Diego were batted around. Yesterday we finally agreed upon Los Angeles (her idea) with the majority of time spent actually more north in the Santa Barbara area.

I teased her about me being so near Disneyland and not going and she said she wouldn't "hate" going there if I really wanted. Well she isn't a Disney person and really can't do rides because of motion sickness. I knew that it would be a sacrifice for her to go and I would rather us go places that we would both enjoy. After we picked our days, I thought about it and I thought "We are flying out of different cities and I could come in a couple days early and do Disneyland before meeting up with her." So I'm going to Disneyland again!!!! YAY! It will just be for a couple days before she flies in but I figured as long as I'm in the area it would be a shame not to go.

By the way, has anyone stayed or traveled to the Santa Barbara area? We are looking for a nice place to stay or other ideas of things to do.
My Grandparents lived in Santa Barbara so I was there a lot as a youngster. Although I havent been back in many years I can honestly say the whole place is amazing!!!
We would always go see the Moreton Bay fig tree then get some fish and chips and eat them on the beach.
A trip to Solvang is a must!!!
I also remember going to the zoo and the botanical gardens. As a young kid I enjoyed these places. As a mature woman, now, I think I would love them😂
Also, not sure what month you are going but there is some good whale watching to be had!
I do not doubt you will do your research and come up with an amazing plan! I can not wait to hear/read about it!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
My Grandparents lived in Santa Barbara so I was there a lot as a youngster. Although I havent been back in many years I can honestly say the whole place is amazing!!!
We would always go see the Moreton Bay fig tree then get some fish and chips and eat them on the beach.
A trip to Solvang is a must!!!
I also remember going to the zoo and the botanical gardens. As a young kid I enjoyed these places. As a mature woman, now, I think I would love them😂
Also, not sure what month you are going but there is some good whale watching to be had!
I do not doubt you will do your research and come up with an amazing plan! I can not wait to hear/read about it!

Thanks for some ideas, we won't be going until the first part of August. What is in Solvang?

PacNWTigger

I'm bummed you guys didn't pick Portland or Seattle. I could've been your tour guide!! ;)
Disney-VIP-Tour-Ultimate-Day-of-Thrills.jpg

I'd just have to find the outfit on-line...LOL!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm bummed you guys didn't pick Portland or Seattle. I could've been your tour guide!! ;)
Disney-VIP-Tour-Ultimate-Day-of-Thrills.jpg

I'd just have to find the outfit on-line...LOL!

It did cross my mind that if we did one of those cities we could actually meet up. My friend as had a really tough year (2019) she is getting divorced and her mom passed away so this trip is a little more important to her so I was ultimately ok with wherever she wanted to go. But Portland and Seattle are still on the list for another trip.

PacNWTigger

It did cross my mind that if we did one of those cities we could actually meet up. My friend as had a really tough year (2019) she is getting divorced and her mom passed away so this trip is a little more important to her so I was ultimately ok with wherever she wanted to go. But Portland and Seattle are still on the list for another trip.
Yeah...more important for your friend to choose after the year she has had. I'm betting your trip with her will be just what she needs. Let me know when you finally wander over to my nick of the woods...I would be more than happy to show you guys around.

fizzieee

i'm also waiting (not-so) patiently for the Flower and Garden menus to come out. I can't wait to see what they're offering this year since I'll be visiting the festival for the first time at the end of April/early May! Have you guys done this festival before and if so did you have good experiences?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
We stopped in Solvang on one of our trips to Cali. It is a very cute town! The pastries at the bakery were so delicious!

I think this Solvang town is going on the list for sure. My friend and I do like pastries!

I love your Spaceship Earth magic band - great choice! And I'm so excited you get to squeeze in some Disneyland days this year!!

Thanks, sometimes I feel like Spaceship Earth is my spirit building. It is usually my screen lock picture on my phone too, the building is just so unique and interesting. I'm excited for Disneyland too.

i'm also waiting (not-so) patiently for the Flower and Garden menus to come out. I can't wait to see what they're offering this year since I'll be visiting the festival for the first time at the end of April/early May! Have you guys done this festival before and if so did you have good experiences?

We have done the Festival before, and there are usually a lot of good food options. I really love the topiaries. All the flowers are a treat for me during this Festival, especially coming from frigid Northern Wisconsin. I'm actually thrilled to see anything that is naturally green and colorful. I am a little disappointed in the music lineup, there isn't anyone we are super interested in but I guess that is fine as it leaves the evenings open for other things. I just am super anxious for the menus to come out, I want to see what yumminess there will be.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
So a couple things have changed for our March trip. We decided to cancel our Frozen dessert party, I heard the menu changed and it wasn't anything we were interested in. So we switched to the Star Wars dessert party, it is the day Brad is making his light saber so he is excited for a Star Wars themed day. And today on the fly we had to switch up a fast pass to try to snag a Mickey's Runaway Railway fast pass. I was a little late to the game to know about the release of the Mickey's fast pass because it was a busy day at work, then I came home and worked out and made dinner before checking the internets but I was able to get one, not at the most ideal time but it will work out. Yay! Can't wait until March.

Oh, I almost forgot another change. Brad was talking to some of his pastor friends (who are married to each other), they live in the upper peninsula of Michigan and they will be at WDW while we are there. They leave two days after we get there, but our first night was free so we are having dinner together at Ragland Road. It will be nice to see them since we don't get to see them too much anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom