Topolino's - Gluten Free options?

John Dulmage

Original Poster
We have a reservation coming up for Dinner at Topolino's, but was hoping that by now someone would have posted a copy of their gluten-free (or Allergy) menu. I haven't been able to find one, so far. When I look at the menu, a lot of items that look like they could be GF are seafood, and my wife doesn't eat seafood!! This reservation is for Valentine's Day, so I can't leave out my wife!!
Has anyone see if they offer any type of GF pasta? We'll be doing Shula's the next night, so I was hoping to get something other than steak, since I'm sure we'll have a steak at Shula's.
Let me know! Thanks.

Chip Chipperson

I haven't seen a gluten-free dinner menu yet, but the Disney Food Blog did post a picture of the Kids' Allergy Menu and they show grilled chicken and a petite filet of beef as gluten-free entree options that aren't seafood. I didn't notice a chicken dish on the adult menu, but maybe they would allow her to order off the kids' menu or make a similar adult meal alternative if the other options listed on the adult allergy menu aren't anything she would want.

My wife made us a late dinner reservation there in early February and I need to order gluten-free as well, so if we do keep the reservation rather than trying to find an earlier time somewhere else then I'll try to remember to come back here with an update if the menu doesn't turn up online before then. IN the meantime, here's the DFB review in case it's helpful: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019...rrace-dinner-at-disney-worlds-riviera-resort/

awoogala

We have a reservation coming up for Dinner at Topolino's, but was hoping that by now someone would have posted a copy of their gluten-free (or Allergy) menu. I haven't been able to find one, so far. When I look at the menu, a lot of items that look like they could be GF are seafood, and my wife doesn't eat seafood!! This reservation is for Valentine's Day, so I can't leave out my wife!!
Has anyone see if they offer any type of GF pasta? We'll be doing Shula's the next night, so I was hoping to get something other than steak, since I'm sure we'll have a steak at Shula's.
Let me know! Thanks.
just googled and found this: https://www.glutenfreedairyfreewdw.com/primo-piatto-allergy-friendly-lunch-dinner-menu/

John Dulmage

Original Poster
I haven't seen a gluten-free dinner menu yet, but the Disney Food Blog did post a picture of the Kids' Allergy Menu and they show grilled chicken and a petite filet of beef as gluten-free entree options that aren't seafood. I didn't notice a chicken dish on the adult menu, but maybe they would allow her to order off the kids' menu or make a similar adult meal alternative if the other options listed on the adult allergy menu aren't anything she would want.

My wife made us a late dinner reservation there in early February and I need to order gluten-free as well, so if we do keep the reservation rather than trying to find an earlier time somewhere else then I'll try to remember to come back here with an update if the menu doesn't turn up online before then. IN the meantime, here's the DFB review in case it's helpful: https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019...rrace-dinner-at-disney-worlds-riviera-resort/
Thanks. If you go I’d be grateful if you snap a pic of a gluten-free menu!

Chip Chipperson

My wife and I ate there tonight. Unfortunately, GF entree options are limited if your wife doesn't like seafood and doesn't want beef at that meal. There was no GG pasta or chicken. I will say, however, that we both got the filet mignon and it was the best filet either of us has had on Disney property. They had GF dinner rolls and there were some GF options on the starters menu, although none of them were anything I wanted. It's possible she might find enough there to piece together a meal of multiple starters if inclined to do so.

I didn't get dessert, but the only GF option was a pistachio mousse served on GF chocolate cake (I think it was mousse, anyway - I didn't get a picture of the menu).

20200204_184311.jpg20200204_184325.jpg20200204_184342.jpg20200204_184346.jpg

John Dulmage

Original Poster
My wife and I ate there tonight. Unfortunately, GF entree options are limited if your wife doesn't like seafood and doesn't want beef at that meal. There was no GG pasta or chicken. I will say, however, that we both got the filet mignon and it was the best filet either of us has had on Disney property. They had GF dinner rolls and there were some GF options on the starters menu, although none of them were anything I wanted. It's possible she might find enough there to piece together a meal of multiple starters if inclined to do so.

I didn't get dessert, but the only GF option was a pistachio mousse served on GF chocolate cake (I think it was mousse, anyway - I didn't get a picture of the menu).

View attachment 446833View attachment 446834View attachment 446835View attachment 446837
Thank you so much for sending these and your report. I don't think it will be too hard for my wife to choke down a filet 2 nights in a row!! Your report on how great it was makes me super optimistic. I see some things on the starters menu that she might enjoy, as well. I think I have my eye on the salmon (but knowing my meat lover side, I'll probably opt for the Filet, as well!) I'm kind of sad that they don't have any GF pasta, but it looks like we'll have a great meal. Now I'm stoked! Thanks again!!

Chip Chipperson

Thank you so much for sending these and your report. I don't think it will be too hard for my wife to choke down a filet 2 nights in a row!! Your report on how great it was makes me super optimistic. I see some things on the starters menu that she might enjoy, as well. I think I have my eye on the salmon (but knowing my meat lover side, I'll probably opt for the Filet, as well!) I'm kind of sad that they don't have any GF pasta, but it looks like we'll have a great meal. Now I'm stoked! Thanks again!!

Your welcome! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

John Dulmage

Original Poster
We had our dinner at Topolino’s Terrace for Valentines Day and had a fabulous GF meal.
my wife and I both started with the Mediterranean Paloma cocktail which was delicious.
00EB2A2B-DD19-43FB-9DF8-B885551FE902.jpeg

John Dulmage

Original Poster
We shared the Burrata and they brought GF rolls to have with it. We each had a salad. My wife had the Kale and Forelle Pear salad and I had the Romaine Insalata. Both were delicious (no pics because my wife hates it when people take pictures of their food!
I had the Tomahawk Veal which was great, but a little fatty, and my wife a had the Filet which she said was great.

John Dulmage

Original Poster
For dessert we had the Pistachio Mousse which even though it mentions “cake” our server assured us it was GF. It was very unique and at the same time awesome! I did sneak a picture of this!
55A6739A-3C95-4EAE-AF0E-82EAD77BBF75.jpeg
I’m

John Dulmage

Original Poster
I’ve talk we had a great experience. Pretty pricey so I wouldn’t do this every trip, but very nice for a special occasion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom