Trip Report ***COMPLETED*** We Must Be Crazy! - December 2019 TR

I’d say it’s probably been almost 2 years since you’ve seen a TR from me (sadly). My last trip in March 2018 with my college roommates contained 5 days jam-packed with everything we could possibly do. It was a fantastic trip. If you followed along with that TR, you might’ve remembered that I was in my sophomore year at Penn State then.

Here comes the scary part…I will be graduating from Penn State in one semester!!! I know, time flies. But this trip isn’t about me and my college friends, it’s time to bring this one back to the family.

Back in October, I received a text from my sister Victoria (who's currently a freshman at Ohio State) saying "We should go to Disney together over Christmas break". I seriously couldn't believe her. My sister and I have been talking about doing a sister’s-only trip for a very long time now. The last time we went to Disney World as a family, I was a senior in high school and she was a freshman. I’m now a senior in college and she just finished her first semester at Ohio State. So she’s finally old enough to be able to go on a trip with just me!

4B165CA4-6EF6-4F35-BB58-F5E341CCF68C.jpg

This is us...can you guess who's who?!

Of course, we first needed permission from our parents and to my surprise they couldn't be more thrilled to hear that we wanted to go on a trip together.
Unfortunately, with our college schedules being different, Victoria needed to be back at school on January 5th and I didn’t get home from school until December 20th, so doing anything before Christmas wasn’t an option and neither was doing anything after New Year’s. That's how we ended up making the crazy decision to visit WDW from December 28th-January 2nd...thus where the title comes from.

We've done Disney over Christmas once before, back in 2013 for my Sweet 16 trip. After that my dad vowed to never return until we had kids. But with me graduating soon, it seemed like our only option was to do it now so we went ahead and booked our trip. After getting back just a few days ago, I have to tell you...we definitely were crazy for doing this. But it was also the best six days I could've possibly imagined.

So I hope you're all excited to join me for this wild ride of a trip we had!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
BTMRR does have a ride picture ... at DLP ;). After we rode it on this trip we kept waiting for our picture to show up ... and it wasn’t ☹️. But then I found out that there isn’t one at WDW:joyfull:

danitaytay

Original Poster
You and me both! I teach the middle school age at our dance studio and it’s all they do! One told me the other night that she needed to teach me a tik tok dance and my reply was “I think if you’re over 30, you’re just too old for that” 😂

Haha it's so funny you say that because all the kids in the hip hop class I taught last year kept begging me to put a dab and all these "Fortnite" dances in our recital dance and I was like "no way!"

I must be really really old, because I have no idea what that even is!

If you're familiar with Vine it's like the new version of it but IMO way more cringy and another reason for a bunch of 15 year olds to get famous for having absolutely no talents.

BTMRR does have a ride picture ... at DLP ;). After we rode it on this trip we kept waiting for our picture to show up ... and it wasn’t ☹. But then I found out that there isn’t one at WDW:joyfull:

It's funny you say that because I do remember that when we went to DLP! WDW needs to get with the program :eek:

danitaytay

Original Poster
Wednesday continued...

We were both starving so I placed a mobile order at Columbia Harbor House. Once again the app was giving me trouble but after a few times refreshing I got it to go through.

I ordered myself the lighthouse sandwich and a peach cobbler, because why not, I’m on vacation! Victoria got the shrimp and chicken combo but said it was just ok.
The peach cobbler was surprisingly super yummy.
IMG_7735.JPG
IMG_7736.JPG

After a relaxing lunch we had our 2nd FP for Splash coming up so we headed back towards Frontierland. Chip and Dale were out wearing their cowboy outfits so Victoria reluctantly got in line with me.

We had a very weird interaction. Something happened and Dale’s handler had to leave with him for a few minutes leaving us alone with Chip who also seemed very confused.
I also hate how they posed us for this picture. I feel like I look like I'm standing so awkwardly!
IMG_7737.JPG

After we said goodbye to my favorite two chipmunks it was time for Splash! We got the front row so we got very nervous. We were just past the ending scene with Brer Rabbit when the ride broke down.

And when I say broke down, I mean down down. We were stuck on the ride for over 40 minutes and ended up having to get evacuated. It was definitely a stressful experience and a man on the boat in front of us was having a panic attack but they couldn’t let them off yet.

We were soooo close to getting off! Unfortunately this is where we sat for 40 minutes while everyone in line just stared at us like we were circus freaks before they got evacuated as well.
IMG_7741.JPG

Not only that, but I got absolutely soaked! My hair was not looking pretty.
IMG_7740.JPG

They gave us a Multiple Experiences FP for our troubles and after wasting almost an hour we were on our way.

Space ended up having a 170-minute wait so we decided to go use our Multiple Experience on that. It ended up being a great idea!

After Space it was time for the PeopleMover, one of my personal favorites. And go figure, the ride broke down with us on it again. We were only stuck for about 5 minutes though.
IMG_7743.JPG

IMG_7752.JPG

Some obligatory TRON construction pics. I can't wait for this to be done!

Our next stop was Buzz and I did the best I’d ever done! It was no Galactic Hero but I was still very proud of myself.
IMG_7755.JPG

Mine is obviously the score on the right. Victoria is still very bad!

It was then the moment I was waiting for all trip. It was time to meet Stitch! My best friend from back home had gotten me a custom pair of Stitch ears for the holidays and I couldn’t wait to show him. Stitch is my absolute favorite.

I had a really great interaction! And he really loved my ears.
IMG_7764.JPG
fullsizeoutput_7c6d.jpeg

They really need to fix the lighting in some of these M&G locations. They are just not conducive to getting good pictures!

Coming up...someone's getting cranky :banghead:

Loco_driver

If you're familiar with Vine it's like the new version of it but IMO way more cringy and another reason for a bunch of 15 year olds to get famous for having absolutely no talents.
Oh goody, just what we need! I guess I’ve never been much into social media, even when everyone was friends with Tom on MySpace(or when we all posted our thoughts on Xanga if you go a little further back), I just wasn’t super into it. I have accounts with most major social media platforms, but I don’t often post. Guess I’m just an old soul.

danitaytay

Original Poster
Oh goody, just what we need! I guess I’ve never been much into social media, even when everyone was friends with Tom on MySpace(or when we all posted our thoughts on Xanga if you go a little further back), I just wasn’t super into it. I have accounts with most major social media platforms, but I don’t often post. Guess I’m just an old soul.

Lol! Trust me, you're not alone!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Wednesday continued...

On our way over to Adventureland I finally got a picture of the back of the castle. Am I the only one who prefers the back to the front? Idk if that makes me weird.
IMG_7771.JPG
IMG_7772.JPG

Victoria and I had both been craving dole whips so I placed a mobile order but when we got there the pickup line was past the Jungle Cruise so we decided to wait a bit. Victoria was starting to get very tired and cranky at this point and I was not having it so I sent her off to go get a snack while I went for a walk by myself.

Our 3rd FP for Jungle Cruise was at 4:40 and while we waited in line I snagged a 4th FP for Magic Carpets at 5:15. I was getting very good at using the app!
Our skipper was funny but nobody on our boat was really playing along. I think I was the only one laughing. I felt bad!
IMG_7774.JPG
IMG_7777.JPG

After our cruise we decided to pick up our Dole Whips and enjoy them on a bench. I forgot how much I loved them! Plus they do no harm to my belly because they’re dairy free!
IMG_7780.JPG

After we enjoyed our treats it was time for our Magic Carpets FP so I also made a 5th FP for Pooh at 6:15 while in line.
IMG_7784.JPG
IMG_7785.JPG

I was very glad the spitting camels were turned off during our ride.

Next stop was another ride with Pooh and Friends. On our way over back towards Fantasyland, the Move It Shake It parade was going on. We watched for a bit but Victoria was getting impatient.
IMG_7787.JPG

Back off to Pooh! And what did I do in line of course? Make a 6th FP for Little Mermaid at 6:45.

As we were walking through the gift shop after Pooh, my eyes fell upon this little Eeyore stuffed animal and I knew I had to have him. Victoria insisted I didn’t need him but it was an absolute necessity.
IMG_7791.JPG

I absolutely love him. He sits on my bed at school with me every day!

I tried to make a mobile order from Pinocchio Village Haus for dinner but the app wouldn’t work so we just decided to order there. I ordered the chicken parm pasta but it was very expensive. And then they accidentally gave my food to someone else and I sat there waiting for 20 minutes until they realize the mistake.

Once I brought it up to them nobody was willing to help and eventually after waiting 25 minutes I got my food. I was given no apology or anything. I was in a very bad mood.

The food was absolutely disgusting. Like close to inedible. But I was hungry so I just dealt with it and ate.
IMG_7792.JPG

danitaytay

Original Poster
Wednesday continued...

After my awful meal, our next stop was our return for Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We decided since it was around 7:30 we would go get a spot for HEA since they were back to their normal time at 8.

Once we found the perfect spot, we looked over and saw that a kid had lost their Mickey balloon. The entirety of the MK waiting for the fireworks let out a collective “aww” in unison. It was absolutely hilarious.
IMG_7793.JPG

The fireworks were absolutely incredible. It was both of our first times seeing them as we’d missed them on my last trip. It was just so annoying though because some guy in front of me was livestreaming them on his phone the entire time and blocking my vision.
IMG_7795.JPG
IMG_7797.JPG
IMG_7801.JPG

After the fireworks we decided to take another relaxing ride on the Peoplemover. At some point earlier I must’ve grabbed a return time for Space because that was our next stop.
IMG_7807.JPG

I sat in the back seat and it was extremely bumpy. It really hurt my back.

After our ride on Space we both decided we were absolutely exhausted so we left the park around 9:50.

Once again, another dilemma with the Coronado Springs buses. It took 25 minutes for one bus to come for the resort with the longest line. There were lots of screaming people…this seemed to just be the trend of the trip.

We got back home around 10:35 and Victoria ran down to the QS restaurant to get something to eat while I took a shower and packed. Tomorrow was our last day in the parks and then we were going home!

Day Five Summary:
Total Miles Walked: 10.5 miles
Bad: The exhaustion hit us
Good: Watching Happily Ever After!
Surprised by: how good I got at using the MDE app
Today we tried: a more “relaxing” day at the parks
The result…a lot more laid back and enjoyable
In one word today was…Fun!

Coming up...One last go :arghh:

danitaytay

Original Poster
We interrupt my daily TR post for a very exciting announcement...I WAS JUST ACCEPTED INTO THE DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM!!!

I'm honestly still in disbelief and so overwhelmed with emotions right now. I don't know my exact dates yet or where I will be located, but. do know that I will be working in Attractions for Fall Advantage 2020!!!

Just wanted to share the good news before I continued :)

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We interrupt my daily TR post for a very exciting announcement...I WAS JUST ACCEPTED INTO THE DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM!!!

I'm honestly still in disbelief and so overwhelmed with emotions right now. I don't know my exact dates yet or where I will be located, but. do know that I will be working in Attractions for Fall Advantage 2020!!!

That’s fantastic news! Congratulations!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Congratulations! You'll have to let us all know where you end up in the parks during your program. What position are you hoping for?

Dory71

Congratulations! You'll have to let us all know where you end up in the parks during your program. What position are you hoping for?

Congratulations! My daughter just returned home last month from DCP Fall 2019 attractions as a park greeter at MK. Enjoy your time there!

Katiekitten

Congratulations!!

danitaytay

Original Poster
That’s fantastic news! Congratulations!
Congratulations! My daughter just returned home last month from DCP Fall 2019 attractions as a park greeter at MK. Enjoy your time there!
Congratulations!!! 🎉
Congratulations, you'll make a great CM!!
Congratulations!!
🎉🎉 Congrats! That's amazing!!! 🎉🎉
Congrats!!! That's so cool!!!:happy:
Congrats on Your college program! Keep us all posted on where you end up!
That is so awesome!!!

Thank you all so much! I'm still in disbelief that this is actually happening! I am crossing my fingers I get DAK and placed on either KS or one of the walking trails so I can educate about animals, but I would honestly be excited with anything!

My dates are June 1-January 7 so please if you will be visiting the parks anytime then let me know so we can maybe meet up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom