Rise of the Resistance Virtual Line Guest Survey

matt9112

For the entirety of Flight of Passage's existence, I have never waited more than an hour for it simply by getting in line before park closing. Often the closing wait time will only be 30 minutes or less, regardless of what the posted wait time is. If they switch to virtual queuing, I will no longer be able to do this because now everyone who wants to ride it that day has to get there very early.

I waited three hours when it broke down on softs. I still haven't riden rise im not driving an hour that early. Maybe get a room or just wait.

RSoxNo1

That’s your opinion. I think the current system is ok, but it shouldn’t have had to last this long. But until the ride is operating reliably, it’s not a terrible solution. I can think of other solutions that aren’t dumb though.

Does anybody who experienced it think Hagrids system is / was dumb? (Is it running reliably now? I haven’t been keeping track).
What other ideas do you have for better options? Hagrid’s is essentially just using a standby line and at rise that would generate 6+ hour waits daily.

TrainsOfDisney

What other ideas do you have for better options? Hagrid’s is essentially just using a standby line and at rise that would generate 6+ hour waits daily.

I’m not sure if they are better, i said other options that aren’t dumb.

Fastpass is one option, a true digital lottery,

I don’t think we’d be seeing 6 hour waits daily.

disneygeek90

I’m not sure if they are better, i said other options that aren’t dumb.

Fastpass is one option, a true digital lottery,

I don’t think we’d be seeing 6 hour waits daily.
We would be seeing 3 hour waits minimum. Walked by Flight of Passage yesterday and the posted time was 180. That's for a nearly 3 year old ride. ROTR would easily see 3-4 hour waits which could balloon to 5+ with breakdowns. With how bad the ride is running on weekdays specifically a standby and a fastpass with a time return is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not sure what a true digital lottery changes enough from the current system to make it a viable option.

mooshoo

So what if this is as good as it gets, regarding reliability? Would people be okay with just keeping this system indefinitely? Some days really good, some days really bad, Spring break, Easter, etc. How long is everyone expecting the BG system to be in effect if the ride continues to have good days and bad? I'm just curious.

disneygeek90

So what if this is as good as it gets, regarding reliability? Would people be okay with just keeping this system indefinitely? Some days really good, some days really bad, Spring break, Easter, etc. How long is everyone expecting the BG system to be in effect if the ride continues to have good days and bad? I'm just curious.
I'm sure it will get better, eventually. But to answer your question, if this is what we had indefinitely I'd like to see BG's stay. While there's frustration when the ride goes down, it's absolutely better than the frustration that would fester for those in a 3 hour line and then the ride breaks down 2 hours in. There's not enough bananas or Rey photo ops to soothe those guests.

I expect BG's to last until they stop having days like last Thursday. And Friday. And Sunday.

Parker in NYC

Forever. Unless they take the thing down for a few months.

TrainsOfDisney

We would be seeing 3 hour waits minimum. Walked by Flight of Passage yesterday and the posted time was 180. That's for a nearly 3 year old ride. ROTR would easily see 3-4 hour waits which could balloon to 5+ with breakdowns. With how bad the ride is running on weekdays specifically a standby and a fastpass with a time return is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not sure what a true digital lottery changes enough from the current system to make it a viable option.

That’s 180 standby with a fastpass cue. No doubt Rise would see long lines, but that’s not the issue. The issue is dealing with guest recovery during the frequent downtime.

A lottery would make it slightly more fair since it’s not the people with the quickest phone connection that get a number. I’m not saying it’s better, but it’s also not dumb.

This isn’t the first ride to have downtime after it opened though.

disneygeek90

That’s 180 standby with a fastpass cue. No doubt Rise would see long lines, but that’s not the issue. The issue is dealing with guest recovery during the frequent downtime.

A lottery would make it slightly more fair since it’s not the people with the quickest phone connection that get a number. I’m not saying it’s better, but it’s also not dumb.

This isn’t the first ride to have downtime after it opened though.
Either way, everyone that wants to ride the attraction won't be able to ride. I'd rather leave my fate up to myself than random luck.

TrainsOfDisney

Either way, everyone that wants to ride the attraction won't be able to ride. I'd rather leave my fate up to myself than random luck.

Are they still doing maintenance every night? Is there actually a reason the attraction can’t close with the park and let anyone who wants to wait to get in line?

disneygeek90

Are they still doing maintenance every night? Is there actually a reason the attraction can’t close with the park and let anyone who wants to wait to get in line?
I would hope they are doing maintenance every night. Opening the line up right before close seems like you'd be asking for trouble.

TrainsOfDisney

I would hope they are doing maintenance every night. Opening the line up right before close seems like you'd be asking for trouble.

Oh I wasn’t suggesting that... I was saying just do standby all day like other attractions but allow people to enter up until close, just like fop, etc.

doctornick

Does anybody who experienced it think Hagrids system is / was dumb? (Is it running reliably now? I haven’t been keeping track).

I thought the system for Hagrid's was horrible myself - granted this is particular to myself, so others may have different opinions. But we were at Uni about a week after it opened and were excited to ride, but it just was never going to happen with the system in place. With my group (including young children - one who wouldn't be able to ride - and older folks one of whom has real temperature sensitivity being out in the hot sun for long), waiting in a multi-hour line was just not going to be tolerable. We certainly weren't going to subject the youngest child to a long wait for something he wouldn't even be able to ride and if he ween't in line then someone else in the group would miss out (just gonna throw out the benefit for Rider Swap at Disney compared to Uni when it comes to rides with really long lines). And we would have gladly shown up way early in the morning and do a rope drop dash - if we had any idea when the ride was going to open. But since it did mid day openings, we had no idea when the queue would open and we weren't going to miss out on doing other stuff during our limited number of vacation days but just lingering around a ride entrance not doing anything. The uncertainty of the opening time was a big negative.

And if we had waited in line for an hour and had the ride die - as it was doing frequently in those days - and not even gotten a return pass (only people who got into the actual ride queue ever got them and that was after waiting for a while). It just was not an option for my group. And late at night trying to get in before closing didn't work given the bedtimes of our party. Overall the system was horrible for us.

What really bummed me is that they had indicated they would use a Virtual Queue soon after opening and then just... never did. I would have been fine with a Virtual Queue no matter when the return would be, just as long as my family would not have to wait in a line forever. I was prepared to use that from before we left for the trip, had the app, read up on how they were likely to use it, and then it just didn't happen.

I'll add too that we were staying on property and while I knew Express Pass wasn't going to be available, I thought they'd at least have the early openings in that park to help out on property guests (they didn't, only Studios had early openings).

TrainsOfDisney

I thought the system for Hagrid's was horrible myself - granted this is particular to myself, so others may have different opinions. But we were at Uni about a week after it opened and were excited to ride, but it just was never going to happen with the system in place. With my group (including young children - one who wouldn't be able to ride - and older folks one of whom has real temperature sensitivity being out in the hot sun for long), waiting in a multi-hour line was just not going to be tolerable. We certainly weren't going to subject the youngest child to a long wait for something he wouldn't even be able to ride and if he ween't in line then someone else in the group would miss out (just gonna throw out the benefit for Rider Swap at Disney compared to Uni when it comes to rides with really long lines). And we would have gladly shown up way early in the morning and do a rope drop dash - if we had any idea when the ride was going to open. But since it did mid day openings, we had no idea when the queue would open and we weren't going to miss out on doing other stuff during our limited number of vacation days but just lingering around a ride entrance not doing anything. The uncertainty of the opening time was a big negative.

And if we had waited in line for an hour and had the ride die - as it was doing frequently in those days - and not even gotten a return pass (only people who got into the actual ride queue ever got them and that was after waiting for a while). It just was not an option for my group. And late at night trying to get in before closing didn't work given the bedtimes of our party. Overall the system was horrible for us.

What really bummed me is that they had indicated they would use a Virtual Queue soon after opening and then just... never did. I would have been fine with a Virtual Queue no matter when the return would be, just as long as my family would not have to wait in a line forever. I was prepared to use that from before we left for the trip, had the app, read up on how they were likely to use it, and then it just didn't happen.

I'll add too that we were staying on property and while I knew Express Pass wasn't going to be available, I thought they'd at least have the early openings in that park to help out on property guests (they didn't, only Studios had early openings).

Thanks! Yeah I can see how Disney is much better than that. Also great that Disney is allowing rider swap on rise.

MickeyLuv'r

Ok so you got a boarding pass and didn’t use it maybe resulting in other guests not getting on. You chose not to ride because something was more important whereas you may have blocked someone whose trip was booked around riding Rise.

How is that any different from booking a dinner and not showing up? Or even blowing off a Fastpass? You’re preventing people from going by choosing to do something different. I do understand the “no timeframe given” is frustrating but if you just blow it off, you should be penalized. (Within reason...Ex. if you cancel at least X amount of boarding groups away)

It is vastly different.

How do you cancel a boarding group?

What magic ball are you using to know what time BG #79 will be called one month from today? 60 days form today? 180 days from today?

TrainsOfDisney

What magic ball are you using to know what time BG #79 will be called one month from today? 60 days form today? 180 days from today?

Or today! It literally changes based on how the ride performs or doesn’t perform.

With fastpass+ and BG#’s Disney knows how many people, on average, are no shows and they are accounting for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom