Rise of the Resistance Virtual Line Guest Survey

rsm

Since it is already basically a lottery, couldn't they stretch it out to a more "proper" lottery? Instead of everyone having 22 seconds to refresh their app before all the groups are gone, couldn't they stretch that 22 seconds out to and hour, or two, or four? So peoples have several hours to keep trying.

Personally I enjoyed how it is now - I like the comradery of everyone hunched over their phones at 7 am inside the gates in their pajamas with coffee, and then hearing the cheers at 8:01. But I can't say that its relaxing :)

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
Since it is already basically a lottery, couldn't they stretch it out to a more "proper" lottery? Instead of everyone having 22 seconds to refresh their app before all the groups are gone, couldn't they stretch that 22 seconds out to and hour, or two, or four? So peoples have several hours to keep trying.

Personally I enjoyed how it is now - I like the comradery of everyone hunched over their phones at 7 am inside the gates in their pajamas with coffee, and then hearing the cheers at 8:01. But I can't say that its relaxing :)
The only problem I see with this is that it’ll might hold off other attractions/rides. Say I’m about to board SDD, and the BGs are about to open again. I might intentionally hold off from boarding or moving the line since I’m preoccupied with my phone. Or say it happens during a show like Frozen Sing a long, many people would be on their phones at once, which is kinda rude.

Having a set single time to release BGs is the best solution imo, but it may not appease everybody. Fact is, no solution/situation will appease everyone.

disneygeek90

If people can't get a group right at 7 with 100+ groups available, I don't know how making the time requirement even shorter helps them.

DisneyJoe

I wish they did a Boarding Group/ Fastpass combo. No standby. If you can get a FP ahead of time, great. If you can’t, arrive at rope drop to get a boarding group 🤷‍♀️
Let's say you get a FP+ for between 7:15am-8:15am, but the ride doesn't begin working that day until 11:15am, what happens to those who were supposed to ride during your FP+ time as well as those after? (ie between 7:15am and 11:15am with FP+)

TrainsOfDisney

The only issue I have with the virtual queue is that it shuts out those that don't want to be there at rope drop.
The most popular ride in each park will fill up right away.

Aside from that, I love the virtual groups but I also feel that there should be some sort of penalty if you abuse it. (Book a group and then don't show up for it or don't cancel/swap).

That hardly seems fair.... I booked a bg but it wasn’t called until the evening broadway concerts... I booked my whole trip around seeing Gavin Lee and Heidi perform. I had hoped I would be called soon enough to ride rise but I wasn’t.

No Name

The current way of distributing boarding groups allows those who are most intent on riding to ride. Any other dumb way I’ve seen suggested here would be unfair and result in more frustration.

I can understand the argument for physical lines for RotR, because that would shorten lines at every other attraction/foodservice/giftshop/etc. But long physical standby lines are harder to manage.

I would choose option one on the survey.

TrainsOfDisney

Any other dumb way I’ve seen suggested here would be unfair and result in more frustration.

That’s your opinion. I think the current system is ok, but it shouldn’t have had to last this long. But until the ride is operating reliably, it’s not a terrible solution. I can think of other solutions that aren’t dumb though.

Does anybody who experienced it think Hagrids system is / was dumb? (Is it running reliably now? I haven’t been keeping track).

No Name

That’s your opinion. I think the current system is ok, but it shouldn’t have had to last this long. But until the ride is operating reliably, it’s not a terrible solution. I can think of other solutions that aren’t dumb though.

Does anybody who experienced it think Hagrids system is / was dumb? (Is it running reliably now? I haven’t been keeping track).

Then name a solution that isn’t dumb. I’d be interested to hear. Also I may be wrong but I don’t think Hagrid’s ever used the virtual queue.

TrainsOfDisney

Then name a solution that isn’t dumb. I’d be interested to hear. Also I may be wrong but I don’t think Hagrid’s ever used the virtual queue.

That’s my point.... Hagrids just let people line up correct? So are you saying universal is dumb? You may prefer this system, but that doesn’t make other systems dumb.

No Name

That’s my point.... Hagrids just let people line up correct? So are you saying universal is dumb? You may prefer this system, but that doesn’t make other systems dumb.

I said any other way of distributing boarding groups would be worse, not any other way of handling the line. In fact I even specified in my second paragraph that I can see the argument for a physical standby line. Apologies if that wasn’t clear but I do think it should’ve been.

TrainsOfDisney

I said any other way of distributing boarding groups would be worse, not any other way of handling the line. In fact I even specified in my second paragraph that I can see the argument for a physical standby line. Apologies if that wasn’t clear but I do think it should’ve been.

Ah that makes a bit more sense, yeah I see where I misunderstood now.

In some ways I think a true lottery style system could work just as well, mostly so the advantage isn’t to those who are quick on their phones. But that’s not perfect either.

WDWFREAK53

That hardly seems fair.... I booked a bg but it wasn’t called until the evening broadway concerts... I booked my whole trip around seeing Gavin Lee and Heidi perform. I had hoped I would be called soon enough to ride rise but I wasn’t.

Ok so you got a boarding pass and didn’t use it maybe resulting in other guests not getting on. You chose not to ride because something was more important whereas you may have blocked someone whose trip was booked around riding Rise.

How is that any different from booking a dinner and not showing up? Or even blowing off a Fastpass? You’re preventing people from going by choosing to do something different. I do understand the “no timeframe given” is frustrating but if you just blow it off, you should be penalized. (Within reason...Ex. if you cancel at least X amount of boarding groups away)

TrainsOfDisney

How is that any different from booking a dinner and not showing up? Or even blowing off a Fastpass? You’re preventing people from going by choosing to do something different.

If I had called the brown derby for a lunch reservation and they said “we can only seat you at 5:30 pm” I would have said no thanks I have other plans that evening.

Oddysey

Not to mention the dopamine hit your brain is likely being rewarded with when you see that you received a BG for the day. Especially if it is a favorable BG you get the feeling you won something. Similar like gambling or winning the actual lottery. Not saying this is a good or bad thing. However, I think it could be addictive for some people.

DarkMetroid567

Ok so you got a boarding pass and didn’t use it maybe resulting in other guests not getting on. You chose not to ride because something was more important whereas you may have blocked someone whose trip was booked around riding Rise.

How is that any different from booking a dinner and not showing up? Or even blowing off a Fastpass? You’re preventing people from going by choosing to do something different. I do understand the “no timeframe given” is frustrating but if you just blow it off, you should be penalized. (Within reason...Ex. if you cancel at least X amount of boarding groups away)

But still. Penalized how? There's no realistic way of doing so without Disney actively harming it's own base of consumers.

The fact that we're even talking about this is utterly ridiculous. The amount of people who don't show up is negligible compared to the amount of people who don't get to ride because of poor reliability and poor capacity.

TrainsOfDisney

But still. Penalized how? There's no realistic way of doing so without Disney actively harming it's own base of consumers.

The fact that we're even talking about this is utterly ridiculous. The amount of people who don't show up is negligible compared to the amount of people who don't get to ride because of poor reliability and poor capacity.

Plus Disney has the data so they know how many no-shows to plan for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom