Trip Report ***COMPLETED*** We Must Be Crazy! - December 2019 TR

I’d say it’s probably been almost 2 years since you’ve seen a TR from me (sadly). My last trip in March 2018 with my college roommates contained 5 days jam-packed with everything we could possibly do. It was a fantastic trip. If you followed along with that TR, you might’ve remembered that I was in my sophomore year at Penn State then.

Here comes the scary part…I will be graduating from Penn State in one semester!!! I know, time flies. But this trip isn’t about me and my college friends, it’s time to bring this one back to the family.

Back in October, I received a text from my sister Victoria (who's currently a freshman at Ohio State) saying "We should go to Disney together over Christmas break". I seriously couldn't believe her. My sister and I have been talking about doing a sister’s-only trip for a very long time now. The last time we went to Disney World as a family, I was a senior in high school and she was a freshman. I’m now a senior in college and she just finished her first semester at Ohio State. So she’s finally old enough to be able to go on a trip with just me!

4B165CA4-6EF6-4F35-BB58-F5E341CCF68C.jpg

This is us...can you guess who's who?!

Of course, we first needed permission from our parents and to my surprise they couldn't be more thrilled to hear that we wanted to go on a trip together.
Unfortunately, with our college schedules being different, Victoria needed to be back at school on January 5th and I didn’t get home from school until December 20th, so doing anything before Christmas wasn’t an option and neither was doing anything after New Year’s. That's how we ended up making the crazy decision to visit WDW from December 28th-January 2nd...thus where the title comes from.

We've done Disney over Christmas once before, back in 2013 for my Sweet 16 trip. After that my dad vowed to never return until we had kids. But with me graduating soon, it seemed like our only option was to do it now so we went ahead and booked our trip. After getting back just a few days ago, I have to tell you...we definitely were crazy for doing this. But it was also the best six days I could've possibly imagined.

So I hope you're all excited to join me for this wild ride of a trip we had!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Monday continued...
Victoria really wanted to go to Dinoland so we strolled around a bit but all of the lines were just not worth waiting in because I knew they would just escalate my pain and I was already not feeling great. Scrooge McDuck barely had a line so we hopped in to meet him. He was adorable! He agreed to share some of his money with us since I mentioned we were friends with Donald. I thought that was very generous of him.
IMG_7334.jpeg

IMG_7341.jpeg

As we were heading out of Dinoland we finally saw Kevin! Victoria thought she was really creepy at first but started to warm up to her. She was absolutely hilarious and her fellow wilderness explorers seemed to absolutely love their job. They were having a blast. At one point they were crossing the bridge into Discovery Land and Kevin and one of his friends were imitating Elsa’s call from Frozen 2 over the edge.
IMG_7347.jpeg

We had some time to kill so we browsed some of the gift shops around Discovery Island. Just as we were about to walk in I got a phone call from my mom. She and Disney were able to work major magic and restore my gift cards to an e-card! I was so beyond grateful I almost cried.

While browsing the store we both stumbled upon the limited edition Loungefly ears and instantly fell in love. We thought it’d be a very special item for the both of us to have and wear together.
They came in a very fancy box with a dust bag.
IMG_7349.jpeg

IMG_7351.jpeg

After our exciting purchase, it was finally time for our FoP return! I was so excited for Victoria to do it for the first time. It also pays to be just 2 people sometime. Nobody else in front of us had a small party so they pulled us halfway through the line to fill a group.

Victoria absolutely loved it! Now she understands why I had to adjust my top 3 favorite rides at WDW. I also grabbed a return time for Navi River Journey while we were there.
IMG_7352.JPG

I just think the floating mountains are so pretty

We were starting to get hungry again so I tried to place a mobile order at Flame Tree BBQ but the app was giving me a really hard time. Eventually after refreshing it a few times it finally went through. Victoria ordered the pulled pork mac & cheese and I got the chicken salad. I told Victoria to find a table while I waited for the food.

I was sitting waiting for the notification on my phone to tell me our food was ready but after 20 minutes I got frustrated and went back to sit with Victoria. I arrived to find her quite literally getting attacked by birds. It was hilarious. For someone like me who loves and works with animals, it was so funny to watch my sister be terrified of them.

Finally, after 30 minutes of waiting for our food to be ready I was notified I could pick it up. The food wasn’t as good as I remembered but we were satisfied. Sorry, I only got a picture of my boring salad.
IMG_7353.jpeg

The standby wait for Dinosaur was saying 40 minutes on MDE so we headed back to Dinoland. We got in line but then stood for about 15 minutes without moving one inch. We were very confused so I checked the app and saw the wait went up to 70 minutes so we got off line. Then the wait switched back to 40 so we got in line again until a CM called out five minutes later that the ride was down. We decided not to test our luck anymore so we got out of line.
IMG_7355.jpeg

This was the nightmare standby line. I'm so glad we got off.

Next stop was It’s Tough to be a Bug. I really wish they had a warning for parents with small children before getting on the ride. I literally couldn’t even hear the show over the masses of screaming and crying children. It really is terrifying for a young child.
IMG_7359.jpeg

I don't think I'd make a great honorary bug though...

I was craving something cold so we headed back over to Asia so I could get the Triple Yeti Blast Margarita. It was so good!
IMG_7364.jpeg

ELeigh

restore my gift cards to an e-card!
I have also lost a gift card on a disney vacation. Luckily I had backed them up through the gift card website and was able to quickly swap the balance to another card. I highly recommend anyone purchasing gift cards for their trip take the time to register it on the website. Glad you were able to get your gift card money back I am sure it was a huge relief

Tuvalu

I have also lost a gift card on a disney vacation. Luckily I had backed them up through the gift card website and was able to quickly swap the balance to another card.
Same here.

danitaytay

Original Poster
I have also lost a gift card on a disney vacation. Luckily I had backed them up through the gift card website and was able to quickly swap the balance to another card. I highly recommend anyone purchasing gift cards for their trip take the time to register it on the website. Glad you were able to get your gift card money back I am sure it was a huge relief
Same here.

I'm definitely going to have to do that in the future, thanks for the advice!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Monday continued...

After sitting and relaxing awhile we decided to do the Tiger Trek. Unfortunately all we saw was the top of one sleepy tiger.
I think Komodo dragons are so cool
IMG_7381.JPG

Can you spot the sleeping tiger?
IMG_7383.JPG

We used my return time next for Navi River Journey. It was Victoria’s first time for this one too and she said she liked it but we both agreed that the standby line wouldn’t be worth it.
IMG_7389.JPG
IMG_7393.JPG

Our 3rd FP for Dinosaur was nearing so we headed back over to Dinoland. I immediately saw Chip and Dale in their dino outfits and begged Victoria to get in line. The wait was a little on the longer side but we played Heads Up to pass the time.

One of the character attendants joined in on our game and we got to talking. I found out he was from Ecuador, which is where I had just visited at the beginning of 2019 so we talked about that for a while. He also happened to be on DCP which I was planning on applying to so he told me all about his experience.

We ended up having a very fun interaction with Chip and Dale and they were just so darn cute in those outfits!
IMG_7402.JPG

5 PM rolled around so we could finally scan in for Dinosaur. But of course, the ride was down again with a 135 minute standby wait. Every other wait time was insane we just decided to sit down and see if the ride would come up.

In the meantime I grabbed a Bud Light and Mickey pretzel while we sat and waited for the ride to go back up. At around 5:30 we got the go-ahead to get back in line. I was really upset because I never got a notification they gave us a multiple experiences FP for the rest of the day and didn’t see it until we left the park.
Nothing makes me a happier than a Mickey pretzel!
IMG_7406.JPG

But then again I forgot how much I hated Bud Light...:hungover:
IMG_7408.JPG

After dinosaur we decided to try EE single rider again. We only waited 15 minutes this time around, so what the heck…let’s do it a 4thtime! Single rider for Everest ended up being one of our best moves of the trip.

Victoria had really wanted to ride Primeval Whirl earlier but the wait time was 75 minutes and there was no way I was doing that but when I checked MDE after Everest it was down to 25 so I gave in.
IMG_7413.JPG

The funhouse mirrors made us look so crazy. I sent this picture to my mom and she replied, "you two look as tall as me! LOL"
IMG_7418.JPG

IMG_7420.JPG

danitaytay

Original Poster
I'm so upset because I uploaded the last part of Monday's update last night but for some reason it deleted itself...Anyways, here it is!

Monday continued...
After a very painful ride on Primeval Whirl it was back off to Pandora so Victoria could see it at night and we had also grabbed a return time after Navi River Journey that we could now use.

I was wearing both a white t-shirt and sneakers so I was glowing a lot! Which is great because I find it sooo hard to navigate Pandora when it's dark outside.
IMG_7425.JPG
IMG_7427.JPG
IMG_7429.JPG

I think we both loved it even more after the second time. But we were starting to get exhausted and had done pretty much everything we wanted so we called it a night and made our way towards the exit. But first, we had to stop back in the gift shop because I had been eyeing the rose gold spirit jersey and now that I had my gift cards back I could finally get it!
I've already worn it so many times since I've gotten it so I think I'm getting my money's worth!
IMG_7431.JPG

I also loved the light-up animals all outside Discovery Island. They were so beautiful and festive!
IMG_7432.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG

And of course, before we left, another tree pic...this time all lit up
IMG_7433.JPG

We exited the park, waited about 25 minutes for a bus to arrive and got back to the hotel around 9. Earlier on we weren’t too sure about what we wanted to do for dinner but since we were so tired we just ended up going downstairs back to the Rix Sports Bar for dinner. I got the BBQ Ranch Burger (no bacon though!) and Victoria got corn chowder and buffalo wings.
IMG_7434.JPG
IMG_7435.JPG

The meal was pretty good but service was slow. We were back up in the room around 10:30 and after a shower I was so ready to call it a night…because tomorrow was New Year’s Eve and it was going to be a long day!

Day Three Summary:
Total Miles Walked: 10.5 miles
Bad: Crazy wait times
Good: Riding Expedition Everest 4 times!
Surprised by: how amazing our safari was
Today we tried: recovering my stolen gift cards
The result…it worked!
In one word today was…Wild!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Back at it! Been waiting on some pictures Victoria has had on her phone and finally sent them to me last night. Gotta love sisters :facepalm: Anyways...

Tuesday, December 31st:
As with the last couple of days, our alarm went off at 7 AM. I was very thankful to have gotten a few hours more sleep than the last couple nights because today was going to be a very long day.

Why?! Because it was New Year’s Eve of course and we were those crazy people who thought it’d be a good idea to go to Epcot.

We also woke up to this gorgeous sunrise. You can see ToT in the distance!
IMG_7437.JPG

There were EMH at 7 AM and the park was open until 1 AM but if we were going to survive until closing we knew there was no way we could do morning EMH. After Victoria changed her outfit a good 3 times we were finally out the door around 8 and ran downstairs to a bus just pulling up.

We were in the park by 8:30. I was extremely impressed with how quickly and efficiently they were handling security on NYE. I’m sure as the day went on it got a lot worse.

They had a bunch of popular pop songs blaring through the speakers and I was in full dancing mode. I got some CM’s to join in too. Victoria just watched me in embarrassment.

I really wanted to get a picture in front of the ball but unfortunately with all of the walls up, I realized it probably wasn’t going to happen.
IMG_7445.JPG

I’d say it was some kind of miracle because we literally walked onto Spaceship Earth. There were maybe 5 people in line. Which might shock you because just 2 hours later the wait was at 90 minutes.
IMG_7449.JPG

I did a little FP modifying after we got off the ride and took some obligatory pictures in front of the bubblegum wall. We originally had a FP for Living With the Land but it was for later in the day and we wanted to be in the WS by then so I made an earlier FP for The Seas.

Victoria finally got the see the infamous bubblegum wall I talked about taking pictures in front of for so long
IMG_7489.JPG

As we were walking through we wanted to see if there was a line for Joy & Sadness. It was a little too long for our liking but Baymax had no wait so we hopped on. Victoria still hasn’t seen Big Hero 6 even after falling in love with Baymax after we met him in 2016! I think she’s crazy…it’s a great movie.

We had a cute interaction with Baymax. I mean, there’s not much you can do with him anyways. We peeked into the relocated character spot next door as Victoria really wanted to meet Mickey and Minnie so we hopped in line.
IMG_7508.JPG

We had an incredible interaction with Goofy. He was really into dancing so I asked him to show us his best moves and he really broke it down. His sprinkler was his best move!
8f3UZoNeSne5+afQxY+d2Q.jpg
VZG5F6XER%e1TLrKfQT76g.jpg
uD+gwzqOQ1yW21xb9vPOKA.jpg

9:45 rolled around and our window for our first FP opened up so we headed over to Soarin. This was Victoria’s first time seeing the new version! I was surprised she said she liked the original better.
IMG_7512.JPG

We were a bit hungry so we grabbed a Mickey pretzel to share and Victoria forced me onto the Figment line, even though it said it had a 40 minute standby wait. It’s a bit of a long time for me to stand without struggling but in actuality we only waited 10 minutes.
At least I had a Mickey pretzel to make it better
IMG_7515.JPG

Of course, the song was stuck in my head the rest of the day. I wasn’t a happy camper. But Victoria was so I put on a smile and endured the skunk smell.

danitaytay

Original Poster
Tuesday continued...
It was then back to The Land. I love the tile-mosaic at the entrance
IMG_7519.JPG

We decided to do standby for “The Plant Ride” afterwards since I cancelled our FP for it. As we were standing in line I started to have a very bad pain flare-up and I got nervous about being able to get through the whole day.

We both really liked the holiday overlay of the ride. It was a cute little addition!
IMG_7523.JPG
IMG_7529.JPG

I really needed to take a seat and breather and Victoria was so sweet about making sure I was okay. She grabbed me a coke to take my medication with and we sat for about 30 minutes until I felt like I could stand up again. Thankfully after that bad bout of pain I was pretty much okay for the rest of the day.

We had grabbed a return time for Test Track earlier in the day and our return time had rolled around. I thought our car was pretty decent but we only scored a 206. Victoria insisted I grab another wait time so we could beat our score later.
IMG_7535.JPG

Our 2nd FP was at 12:30 for SE and even though we rode it already we thought it’d be a good time to rest. At this point the standby line was at 105…yikes!

The ride broke down while we were stuck about to “travel back to our time”. I think we were only stuck for like 10 minutes though. I took that opportunity to nap quickly.
Victoria said we had to make silly faces this time since we smiled for our first ride
IMG_7537.JPG

Victoria had been really wanting to try poutine so we decided to hit a few countries in the WS before our next FP. It was seriously the most beautiful day outside. The pics don't do the day justice!
IMG_7539.JPG

We stopped at the Refreshment Port to get the poutine and Victoria was very confused by what they gave her.
I just laughed. “Did you actually look up what poutine was before you decided you wanted to try it?” Of course she didn’t. Another snack of hers gone to waste.
IMG_7540.JPG

As we walked towards Canada, a couple with a young baby was walking behind us and the white man loudly told a very inappropriate joke with the N-word. Our jaws nearly dropped to the ground. I was absolutely appalled. And I think everyone else around us heard it too.

We were very disappointed to see that we couldn’t go back to Niagara Falls so we just browsed the shops in Canada. I wasn’t really feeling a Canadian beer so we moved on to the UK.
Our family are a bunch of huge Friends fans. We had to send this one to my mom. She got a kick out of it!
IMG_7545.JPG

At 1:24 I received a text that the MK was at capacity…yikes! I was so surprised we never received one for Epcot. It certainly felt like it was!

Once again we just browsed the shops in the UK but made no purchases. While we were walking outside I observed this. Parenting of the year...seriously. What is wrong with people?!
IMG_7551.JPG

Victoria was annoyed that I wanted to take this picture. Apparently since we were in London back in 2017 and got a picture in a real phone booth, taking one in fake London was redundant. I begged to differ.
IMG_7553.JPG

ELeigh

We stopped at the Refreshment Port to get the poutine and Victoria was very confused by what they gave her.
I just laughed. “Did you actually look up what poutine was before you decided you wanted to try it?” Of course she didn’t. Another snack of hers gone to waste.
Poutine (and really any iteration of cheese fries) is my favorite. I hope she at least tried it. It does look ugly but it is so yummy. I have had the real deal in Canada multiple times and I think Disney’s version is pretty solid.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I laughed about your sisters comment - I’m waiting for mine to send pictures too.

I’m glad to see you had a sweatshirt - my memory of the 31st is that there was a cold wind - it was beautiful and warm if you were in the sun and protected, but if not it was chilly. When I saw your first couple of pictures I thought “yikes”.

Totally agree with you about the phone booth picture; one is a phone booth picture in London, the other is not. And by Victoria’s logic, nearly all pictures would be redundant any time you take another one in the same location 😉. And I don’t know about England, but they recently took the last public phone out of the phone booths in my city. I was kind of sad because I used phone booths all over the city 20+ years ago before cellphones ... well, it wasn’t exactly pre-cellphones but before prepaid plans - you couldn’t get one if you didn‘t qualify for a one year plan. They have kept some of the booths though, and I read recently that they are using one as a book exchange.

danitaytay

Original Poster
Poutine (and really any iteration of cheese fries) is my favorite. I hope she at least tried it. It does look ugly but it is so yummy. I have had the real deal in Canada multiple times and I think Disney’s version is pretty solid.

She did try it and I'm honestly very surprised she didn't like it! I've had it before (and I LOVE it!). I would've gladly taken it from her but I'm severely lactose intolerant and didn't want to risk a stomachache :grumpy:

I laughed about your sisters comment - I’m waiting for mine to send pictures too.

I’m glad to see you had a sweatshirt - my memory of the 31st is that there was a cold wind - it was beautiful and warm if you were in the sun and protected, but if not it was chilly. When I saw your first couple of pictures I thought “yikes”.

Totally agree with you about the phone booth picture; one is a phone booth picture in London, the other is not. And by Victoria’s logic, nearly all pictures would be redundant any time you take another one in the same location 😉. And I don’t know about England, but they recently took the last public phone out of the phone booths in my city. I was kind of sad because I used phone booths all over the city 20+ years ago before cellphones ... well, it wasn’t exactly pre-cellphones but before prepaid plans - you couldn’t get one if you didn‘t qualify for a one year plan. They have kept some of the booths though, and I read recently that they are using one as a book exchange.

Haha, gotta love sisters!

Omg yes...it got so cold!! You'll see in an update very soon though how well we actually faired with our sweatshirts. At some points during the day I was definitely able to comfortably just wear my jeans and tank top but then I got really cold.

Haha, thank you for agreeing! I'll have to tell her you said that because I love proving her room. Omg that's so sad! I think they're just the coolest. I was always surprised that with NYC being such a tourist trap they never tried their own version of a cool phone booth.

danitaytay

Original Poster
Tuesday continued...

I originally really wanted to take Victoria to Les Halles for pastries but the line was literally out the door. We were also looking for an Eiffel tower figurine my mom got back in 2013 that unfortunately fell and broke a while back but they don’t sell it anymore.
Look, I got her to smile for a picture!
IMG_7563.JPG

However, the main reason I was so excited for France was because there was one drink I was dying to try now that I was 21! I got myself the Grand Marnier slushy and oh my gosh, it was as amazing as everyone said it would be.
IMG_7566.JPG

We relaxed on a bench while I enjoyed my drink. I want to try and recreate it some day!
It was seriously the perfect day. Sunny but not too hot.

After my drink, it was back to Future World for our next FP. We decided to take the boat over to avoid walking some more.

We scanned our bands at Nemo but there was this woman who tried to keep cutting the line even though she didn’t have a FP. She somehow then made it past the scanners but was escorted off with her whole family before we got on the ride.

We explored the seas for a little bit afterwards. I absolutely love the manatees and Victoria was in heaven watching the turtles. Little Joe is my favorite to see every trip!
IMG_7576.JPG
IMG_7582.JPG

We had some time before our TT return so we decided to rest our legs and watch a dance contest at one of the DJ booths they had set up for NYE.

This time on TT we decided to make a crazy-looking car. I guess it seems to work best because it scored a 214!
IMG_7595.JPG

I was starting to get extremely hungry so we decided it was time to brave the crowds in the WS. We didn’t even get to Mexico before we realized we were in for some trouble.

As we entered Mexico we saw a ton of people wearing the NYE hats they were giving out for free. We made it our mission to find them. People are so selfish though. We saw so many people wearing like 10 hats on their heads at once, with only 4 people in their family. No wonder why they were running out of the hats everywhere.

The lines for food at Mexico were insane but I told Victoria they were going to be like this everywhere. La Choza had what seemed like a faster line than anywhere else so I hopped in while Victoria tried to find us somewhere to sit.

I got myself a fiesta margarita, as well as the tostada de pollo for me and the empanada for Victoria. We couldn’t find a table anywhere so we sat on a curb behind the pyramid. I thought my tostada was really good but the empanada had a sauce on it that was too spicy for Victoria.
IMG_7608.JPG
IMG_7598.JPG
IMG_7599.JPG

Our next stop was inside the pyramid where I treated myself to a gorgeous crystal Mickey ring.
IMG_7612.JPG

We considered riding the Tres Caballeros but it had a 50 minute wait so there was absolutely no way we were doing that.

At China our next stop on the food tour was the Lotus Blossom. I got an order of potstickers and Victoria got spring rolls. Once again there was nowhere to sit so we found a spot on the ground.
IMG_7616.JPG

danitaytay

Original Poster
We were walking through the temple when all of a sudden I felt someone tap my shoulder. I thought it was someone asking me to move but then I realized it was one of my mom’s closest friends! We ended up chatting for a while and then parted ways.

I really enjoyed going through the gift shops in China. We had a lot of fun playing with all the puppets and other toys. I also bought myself a cute little elephant keychain because elephants are my absolute favorite and it was only $3!
IMG_7625.JPG

It was time to brave our first bathroom line of the night. We ended up waiting around 20 minutes and had to endure talking to these two extremely drunk older women the entire time.
The sunset was absolutely gorgeous tonight!
IMG_7633.JPG

6:30 was nearing and the first showing of the Epcot Forever fireworks were about to show so we took the opportunity to explore Germany. We didn’t want to spoil the fireworks for later!

It's our tradition to take a picture in front of the pickle tree for good luck!
IMG_7636.JPG

We had absolutely no luck finding anywhere with hats left but when we were browsing a store in Italy, we met a CM named Jason from NY! We chatted for a while and he told us he had a surprise and came back with a hat for me. He had been saving it for himself but wanted to help out his fellow NY-er’s!

Thanks again Jason!
IMG_7655.JPG

I wanted to get a drink from Italy and Victoria somehow convinced me to try some Limoncello cocktail instead of the Prosecco one I wanted to try. I didn’t get ID’d which I thought was really weird.

The cocktail ended up being disgusting. I feel awful wasting things but I had to throw it out.

IMG_7656.JPG

One of the dance parties was starting in America so we hopped on the stage and danced around for a bit. It was actually a ton of fun! These parties ended up getting crazy throughout the night.
IMG_7663.JPG

Our next stop was Japan, Victoria’s favorite country. Katsura Grill was our next stop for food. I ordered the beef udon for myself and Victoria got the ramen. We sat on another ledge as there were no tables again. I really enjoyed mine but Victoria said hers was just okay.
IMG_7667.JPG

While we were eating a very drunk guy walked past us and saw a kid wearing a Donald Duck hat. He started screaming, “Daffy Duck! Omg it’s Daffy Duck!”. Nonstop. He fully believed himself.

I think Victoria’s favorite spot in Epcot is the gift shop in Japan. I swear she could spend hours in there. The last time we were in Disney together we both did the Pick a Pearl but the line was too long.

Victoria spent way too much time picking out a variety of Japanese candies to take home. Most of them were nasty. I've always loved the ones pictured on the left, though.
IMG_7669.jpeg

I had grabbed a return time for Frozen Ever After earlier and it was now 8:30 so we could finally ride. On our way back to Norway we joined in for a little bit on the dance parties in both Italy and China.

They were crazy! It was like a full-on rave.

I was so excited for FEA. Victoria ended up absolutely loving it! We were both huge Maelstrom fans though and still miss the classic ride.
IMG_7674.JPG

There was one souvenir I knew I wanted to buy myself before we even left for Disney so we headed into the gift shops in Norway next. I got myself the Frozen perfume by Geir Ness. I absolutely love it!
IMG_7679.JPG

danitaytay

Original Poster
Tuesday continued...

It was a little after 9 now so we made the executive decision that we were tired of walking and would find a spot for the fireworks. We ended up finding the perfect spot in Norway and parked our butts down.

It was absolutely freezing! The temperature had probably dropped 20 degrees since 6 PM. People we wearing winter coats and gloves.

Even with our sweatshirts and jeans on it wasn’t enough. So I ran back into the Norway gift shop and reluctantly spent $40 on a throw blanket which Victoria barely even shared with me.

Victoria ran to Mexico to get herself a hot chocolate and some churro bites for us to share while I got a mulled apple cider from Norway. I really needed something to warm me up!
IMG_7681.JPG
IMG_7683.JPG

Victoria actually passed out...on the floor. So I decided to play a little prank on her. The people around us were in hysterics. When she finally stirred and the cup fell off her she asked me why I threw it. I just shrugged and told her I accidentally knocked it over. It wasn't until the next day when she saw the snapchat I took that she realized why the cup actually fell! :hilarious:
IMG_7685.JPG

The fireworks were supposed to start at 11:45 starting with Epcot Forever and then go into the countdown. We all decided to stand up at 11:30. Of course the second we stood up a huge family of like 6 adults and 8 children walked over to our area and started to push to the front. I am typically one who will always move out of the way for families but this was ridiculous. Everyone around us had been sitting and waiting for hours and they just waltzed over and thought they could go in front of everyone.

Eventually though everyone settled down and at 11:45 Epcot Forever started. I thought it was very sweet, although the little kid narrating kind of creeped me out. It was super nostalgic though.
IMG_7641.JPG
IMG_7644.JPG
IMG_7671.JPG

And then the moment we’d all been waiting for…the countdown began. I seriously have no words for the show they put on in Epcot. It was absolutely unbelievable. I think we were all speechless after the clock struck midnight.

After giving everyone around us hugs and dancing in celebration, we knew there was no way we were going to try and leave the park right now. So where were we going to start off the new decade?!

That’s right. Test Track. We speed walked over to TT along with half of the park but got into the standby line before the wait got pretty bad. I think we only waited 20 minutes.

However, we made this amazingly crazy car when all of a sudden some older man who didn’t speak English literally pushed us out of the way and scanned his band to take our car. We tried to scan our band but when we went through the ride we found that our car was no longer on our bands.
IMG_7695.JPG

We were so angry! Way to start off the New Year. There’s always gotta be rude people.

After our ride we decided it was time to call it a night. However, we got to the bus line and even though we were expecting a nightmare what we found was even worse. For some reason our bus line was 10x longer than any other resort and not a single bus came for over 30 minutes meanwhile tons of buses were coming to other resorts with no lines.

Fights started to break out, there was lots of yelling, and then we decided it wasn’t worth it anymore. So we grabbed a very sweet couple with their young son that we made friends with in line and I called an Uber.

The Uber finally arrived at 1:48 due to traffic and we got back to the resort just before 2. Apparently in that time only 2 buses had shown up at Epcot to pick people up so I’m glad we made the right decision!

The family we met ended up being the absolute sweetest people ever and their son was so polite and absolutely adorable. The wife was kind enough to pay us their share (which was so not necessary because I offered them to ride with us) and we actually kept in touch with them the rest of the trip to see if we could meet up again!

When we made it back to the room we literally collapsed! It was a long day without a doubt.

Day Four Summary:
Total Miles Walked: 11.3 miles
Bad: Rude people!
Good: Experiencing New Year’s magic
Surprised by: how many people could actually fit in Epcot
Today we tried: surviving past midnight on NYE
The result…exhausting!
In one word today was…Exciting!

danitaytay

Original Poster
Monday, January 1st:
Lucky us got to sleep in a little since MK didn’t open until 9 AM so my alarm went off at 8. If you’re counting from before, that’s about a whole 5 hours of sleep!

I was ready very quickly so I ran down to the gift shop to pick up our Loungefly ears since we had them shipped to the resort the other day.

I'm obsessed!
IMG_7699.jpeg

Victoria would not allow us to leave until we recorded a Tik Tok together. I feel really old because I seriously do not get the craze of the app.

It was definitely chilly outside but the sun was shining and we were excited for another day at the MK! Another bus stop selfie, but this time with our matching ears :happy:
IMG_7702.jpeg

The bus took a while to come but we were through security and on Main Street USA just before 10. It was so nice to see barely any clouds in the sky after our rainy first day at MK.
IMG_7705.jpeg

Our first stop was to take some pictures in front of the Christmas tree and Castle since it was raining on our last attempt. It was so sunny I could barely keep my eyes open!
IMG_7708.jpeg

IMG_7720.jpeg

We also stopped for a bit to watch the Dapper Dans. The Main Street citizens joined in for a few Christmas songs
IMG_7715.jpeg

Ain't she pretty!
IMG_7725.jpeg

Victoria wanted to get a return time for BTMRR so that was our first stop. SM also only had a 30 minute standby wait so we hopped in line. In reality I think we only waited 15. Thankfully we didn’t get as wet as the last time!

These little ziplocs were up for grabs in the queue! When we returned for our FP a few hours later there were no more to be found.
IMG_7727.jpeg

Our first FP window opened up for HM at 11 AM. This extremely rude woman purposely ran Victoria’s foot over with her wheelchair while we were entering the stretching room.

Next stop was BTMRR. We were so excited because we got the back row. I feel like I say this all the time but I really wish BTMRR had a ride picture.

Coming up...Are Chip and Dale ok?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom