Very Un-Disney Restaurant Policies

lazyboy97o

I get it. I have spent time at guest services over the years. Never for hours because I refuse to do so. Sometimes you have to advocate for your time.
Again, tell that to all of the people who have been stuck. Even if not all at once, but having to raise the issue over and over and over.

jaklgreen

They shouldn't put guests in this situation in the first place though.

In this situation, your probably right. I don't think that they have a good system in place for when the dining plan goes down. I probably would have just paid and stopped at guest services on my way out to have it handled. But I am a go with the flow type of person when it comes to life's little hiccups. I go in with the mentality that if this is the worst thing that happens on my trip, then it is a great trip. No one dies, no one got to sick to enjoy themselves or got injured, etc. I was marginally inconvenienced at best. If I got a FP or a Mickey bar out of it, then that would have been a win in my book. I would like to see this kind of passion and indignation on things that really matter in life, like violence against woman.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
In this situation, your probably right. I don't think that they have a good system in place for when the dining plan goes down. I probably would have just paid and stopped at guest services on my way out to have it handled. But I am a go with the flow type of person when it comes to life's little hiccups. I go in with the mentality that if this is the worst thing that happens on my trip, then it is a great trip. No one dies, no one got to sick to enjoy themselves or got injured, etc. I was marginally inconvenienced at best. If I got a FP or a Mickey bar out of it, then that would have been a win in my book. I would like to see this kind of passion and indignation on things that really matter in life, like violence against woman.

I don't care about getting anything more than what I've paid for, I just expect that the happiest place on earth should actually do their job and be the happiest place on earth. As for passion about other topics such as the one you mentioned, there's plenty wherever it's needed.

jaklgreen

I don't care about getting anything more than what I've paid for, I just expect that the happiest place on earth should actually do their job and be the happiest place on earth. As for passion about other topics such as the one you mentioned, there's plenty wherever it's needed.

In this case, you are asking them to trust that someone has the dining plan points to be able to retroactively go back and use them when the system goes down. Like it or not, sometimes technology goes down. And after dealing with the public for over 30 years, I don't trust anyone. People lie, cheat, and steal all the time. You are wanting them to trust that hundreds, if not thousands of people are being honest. They obviously are not willing to take that risk.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
In this case, you are asking them to trust that someone has the dining plan points to be able to retroactively go back and use them when the system goes down. Like it or not, sometimes technology goes down. And after dealing with the public for over 30 years, I don't trust anyone. People lie, cheat, and steal all the time. You are wanting them to trust that hundreds, if not thousands of people are being honest. They obviously are not willing to take that risk.

I'm not asking them to trust anything, I'd expect the manager to do their job and pick up the phone to verify it.

Chi84

Premium Member
You think thousands of people would lie about having the dining plan? And that people lie, cheat and steal all the time? And that people expecting good customer service from Disney somehow cheapens their passion about violence against women? And that it's a good vacation if no one dies or is injured? Anything else?

lazyboy97o

There was no trust involved in the original post. The restaurant could see that the Dining Plan credits existed and were valid, they just could not process them. Sure, the original poster could of run off to another restaurant and had second dinner, but that assumes they could get somewhere in time.

jaklgreen

You think thousands of people would lie about having the dining plan? And that people lie, cheat and steal all the time? And that people expecting good customer service from Disney somehow cheapens their passion about violence against women? And that it's a good vacation if no one dies or is injured? Anything else?

Other then you are deliberately twist statements to try to discredit other's opinion, No. Just because you think that Disney should kiss your behind and that nothing should ever go wrong, does not mean everybody feels the same way. Some people are more reasonable and understand that sometimes, things like this happen.

lazyboy97o

Other then you are deliberately twist statements to try to discredit other's opinion, No. Just because you think that Disney should kiss your behind and that nothing should ever go wrong, does not mean everybody feels the same way. Some people are more reasonable and understand that sometimes, things like this happen.
How is delivering what was paid for “kissing ones behind”? The only thing being asked for is the purchased service. You’re the one who brought up all of the other unrelated issues.

jaklgreen

How is delivering what was paid for “kissing ones behind”? The only thing being asked for is the purchased service. You’re the one who brought up all of the other unrelated issues.

Did the OP have his points eventually used for the meal? So what didn't they get that they paid for? the system went down, the way that they deal with it now is to have the person pay and then go to guest services. This is not the most convenient and I said that they could come up with a better system, but this is the one that they have now. It was minor inconvenience at best. They did get what they paid for. Wanting it done the way YOU think it should be done and arguing with them is going about it the wrong way. Talk to guest services and email them with the issue. But a middle manager has no control over how they want things done.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Did the OP have his points eventually used for the meal? So what didn't they get that they paid for? the system went down, the way that they deal with it now is to have the person pay and then go to guest services. This is not the most convenient and I said that they could come up with a better system, but this is the one that they have now. It was minor inconvenience at best. They did get what they paid for. Wanting it done the way YOU think it should be done and arguing with them is going about it the wrong way. Talk to guest services and email them with the issue. But a middle manager has no control over how they want things done.

A restaurant manager absolutely would have the authority and the responsibility to correct this problem in a way that ensures the guests satisfaction.

lazyboy97o

You’re the one who described just wanting what was paid for without double paying or having to then seek a resolution as wanting Disney to kiss a person’s behind. The meal should be given as paid, not double paid and then have the guest seek a refund elsewhere. It’s not that had to figure out. Disney’s system had a problem and Disney should be the one to bear the cost and do the work to resolve the issue. Expecting the service provider to handle their problem is not ridiculous and is the right way it should be done. You don’t pass your mistakes and errors onto others who were not involved in creating the problem.

jaklgreen

You’re the one who described just wanting what was paid for without double paying or having to then seek a resolution as wanting Disney to kiss a person’s behind. The meal should be given as paid, not double paid and then have the guest seek a refund elsewhere. It’s not that had to figure out. Disney’s system had a problem and Disney should be the one to bear the cost and do the work to resolve the issue. Expecting the service provider to handle their problem is not ridiculous and is the right way it should be done. You don’t pass your mistakes and errors onto others who were not involved in creating the problem.

It's not double paying if within a few hours, you get the charges reversed. Everyone keeps saying "double pay" as if the OP lost the points AND the money. You are all looking at it as the restaurant and WDW being different entities. I see them as the same. In my mind, the problem was handled. Sometimes things happen that are out of the control of the business. They handle things as best as they are able to. This is the system that they have in place for this. You might not like it or think that it should be different. But arguing with the manager when this is what they are told to do, is not going to help matters. And nobody is passing a mistake on. What was the mistake? That the system went down? Even Disney has no control over things like this, it happens. If the food and service where horrible and you send the food back without eating it and they tell you to pay and go to guest services to get a refund, then YES, that is a mistake and you should not be charged. But this is a matter of dining credits and a different thing altogether. I just think that people are making a mountain out of a molehill in this situation.

Chi84

Premium Member
Apologies if I twisted your meanings. It was just jarring, and a bit disheartening, to see such a sad, pessimistic view of people and life pop up so suddenly in a thread about Disney customer service.

In fairness, though, if you’re talking about twisting statements, I never said Disney should kiss anyone’s behind - just give them what they paid for without unduly inconveniencing them. It seems I expect better things from people than you do.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
That the system went down? Even Disney has no control over things like this, it happens.

This is unequivocally false. Disney owns and maintains these systems, as such they are directly responsible for both the system uptime and downtime. They are also responsible for business continuity planning to ensure they are operating as close to business as usual as possible when / if they should go down.

jaklgreen

Apologies if I twisted your meanings. It was just jarring, and a bit disheartening, to see such a sad, pessimistic view of people and life pop up so suddenly in a thread about Disney customer service.

In fairness, though, if you’re talking about twisting statements, I never said Disney should kiss anyone’s behind - just give them what they paid for without unduly inconveniencing them. It seems I expect better things from people than you do.

Maybe I am jaded after working with the public for so long. But even in the affluent part of town that I work, people come in and lie and steal on a daily basis. They are constantly saying that an employee did them wrong or the food was wrong to get a free meal, DAILY. Not to mention the people that just walk in and take what they want and walk out, bring their own cups in and "help themselves" to free drinks, etc. Let's not forget just the general crappy attitude of people. I don't know about you, but I don't like to be yelled at and sworn at, called and idiot on a regular basis because that is your way to bully the employee to give you some extra toppings on your salad. And all of this affects the people on the front line. The company is not making enough money and guess who does not get a raise this year, again. It is sickening how low humans have sunk.
The OP was inconvenienced and that counts for something. But it is not the big deal that some are making it out to be.

jaklgreen

This is unequivocally false. Disney owns and maintains these systems, as such they are directly responsible for both the system uptime and downtime. They are also responsible for business continuity planning to ensure they are operating as close to business as usual as possible when / if they should go down.

Are you kidding me? EVERYTHING is under Disney control? Ever hear of power outages or cable outages. Most of the time when a system goes down, it is not at the source but somewhere miles away. Someone doing construction nicked a wire, etc. Maybe this time they had an internal outage, we don't know. But come on, you can't possibly believe that technology is infallible.

lazyboy97o

It's not double paying if within a few hours, you get the charges reversed. Everyone keeps saying "double pay" as if the OP lost the points AND the money. You are all looking at it as the restaurant and WDW being different entities. I see them as the same. In my mind, the problem was handled. Sometimes things happen that are out of the control of the business. They handle things as best as they are able to. This is the system that they have in place for this. You might not like it or think that it should be different. But arguing with the manager when this is what they are told to do, is not going to help matters. And nobody is passing a mistake on. What was the mistake? That the system went down? Even Disney has no control over things like this, it happens. If the food and service where horrible and you send the food back without eating it and they tell you to pay and go to guest services to get a refund, then YES, that is a mistake and you should not be charged. But this is a matter of dining credits and a different thing altogether. I just think that people are making a mountain out of a molehill in this situation.
In the moment it is double paying, in the end it is a free loan to multi billion dollar enterprise.

You‘re contradicting yourself. If you see everything as a Disney then it is not out of Disney’s control as the guest must seek a refund and correction from Disney. If it is all just a Disney then Disney should fix the issue without the guest’s involvement.

The mistake is the glitch. It is Disney’s system and they are the ones who should be inconvenienced by the glitch in their system. They are passing the problem onto the customer by making the customer cover the monetary difference caused by the glitch and then making the customer responsible for enursing the Dining Plan credit is processed and the money provided is returned. The customer paid and should not be involved in resolving problems with Disney’s internal bookkeeping.

lazyboy97o

Maybe I am jaded after working with the public for so long. But even in the affluent part of town that I work, people come in and lie and steal on a daily basis. They are constantly saying that an employee did them wrong or the food was wrong to get a free meal, DAILY. Not to mention the people that just walk in and take what they want and walk out, bring their own cups in and "help themselves" to free drinks, etc. Let's not forget just the general crappy attitude of people. I don't know about you, but I don't like to be yelled at and sworn at, called and idiot on a regular basis because that is your way to bully the employee to give you some extra toppings on your salad. And all of this affects the people on the front line. The company is not making enough money and guess who does not get a raise this year, again. It is sickening how low humans have sunk.
The OP was inconvenienced and that counts for something. But it is not the big deal that some are making it out to be.
None of this is relevant. It is a big deal because Disney’s system are not well designed and at their volume this situation occurs with some frequency.

Are you kidding me? EVERYTHING is under Disney control? Ever hear of power outages or cable outages. Most of the time when a system goes down, it is not at the source but somewhere miles away. Someone doing construction nicked a wire, etc. Maybe this time they had an internal outage, we don't know. But come on, you can't possibly believe that technology is infallible.
Disney controls how they respond to situations.

Chi84

Premium Member
We’ve had very different experiences with people. Probably explains why we look at things differently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom