Trip Report A Disney Heat Wave (obviously)

Hi everyone! I’m going to attempt to start a trip report but I warn you, I may be slow moving between kids & work.
We were in Disney from Saturday January 11th until Sunday January 19th. This trip was myself (Jillian), my husband Nick and our two girls, Sage age 9 and Aria age 4. Our last trip previous to this was in September 2016. Sage was 5 1/2 and Aria had just turned one. That trip was like the perfect storm of Disney trips, so many things went wrong. One of the worst parts of that trip was the weather. It was 95 degrees and so humid every day. Literally sun up to sun down, there was no break. It made the kids so tired and grumpy, our New England bodies just couldn’t handle the heat! We swore up and down we’d never go in the heat again. That is why for this trip, we purposely chose January. Average high 71, average low 49. PERFECT. So of course, guess what happens while we’re there? An actual heatwave. Like, record breaking temperatures. It was 85, sunny and humid every day except one (the high that day was 79!) As expected, the kids didn’t handle it well. We were so disappointed that we once again had to deal with the heat :(
Another unexpected obstacle- the crowds. This was by far the most crowded Disney trip we have ever taken. Prior to that 9/16 trip, we had been 12/14, 9/09, 1/08 and 4/07. I know everyone says now that there is no quiet time and based on our trip, I will 100% agree with that. The lines were the longest I’ve ever seen them. Small World was consistently at 60 minutes, we only got to ride because we were able to get a FP later in the day. We waited 35 minutes for Journey into Imagination! There were so many rides my kids would have loved to do more than once and we just couldn’t. We rarely waited in standby without a FP.

On that trip in 2016, we stayed at All Star Sports and didn’t like it all. In 2014 we stayed at Pop and that, we liked. After our troubles at Sports, we thought we might like to splurge for a moderate this time. But, our kids really wanted to do a few character meals. And with the rising costs of hotel, tickets, food etc, we decided not to upgrade our hotel this time around. We knew this might be our last trip where they were super into the characters so we decided splurging for those character meals was a better way to spend our money.
I knew I definitely wanted a renovated room so we chose All Star Movies only because it was cheaper than Pop. We did pay a little extra for a preferred room, more for the theming than the location. I knew my kids wouldn’t care for the Mighty Ducks or Love Bug sections.
I have literally been planning for this trip for years so back when the the deals were released for January 2019, I wrote down all the different options. There was a room discount and also Play Stay Dine. I priced both options out based on the approximate dates we would be there. The deal that was actually released for January 2020 was a little different. It was called the Kids Meal Deal and basically, if you bought the adult meal plan at full price, you got the kids meal plan for free. Since we were staying in a value, the room discount was not that much, a couple hundred over the course of the week. So I priced out the room discount plus paying for food out of pocket. I included some food from home, and sometimes sharing quick service, plus the character meals we wanted to do. Then I priced out the kids meal deal with the dining plans and actually, the prices were very similar. We decided the convenience of the meal plan was well worth it so we booked the kids meal deal offer.
Initially, I only booked the quick service version and figured I would pay out of pocket for our 2 character meals. About two weeks before our trip though, I decided to upgrade to the regular dining plan. After factoring in the cost for the two character meals I was going to pay out of pocket for, it really wasn’t that much of a difference. I had to scramble a bit to add the extra table service meals to our schedule but, I am so glad we made this change. The character meals we did were 100% the best part of our trip. It was so nice to have an hour each day to relax in the AC. And it was so nice to have the characters come to us without having to wait in a crazy long line. My kids are fairly picky eaters so it was great for them to be able pick little bits of what they liked. And we were really happy with the adult choices as well!
One final note before I dive in day by day- we actually really liked All Star Movies. The renovated rooms are really nice. We loved all the extra storage. Being able to slide our empty suitcases under the bed was awesome. We loved that we each had our own end table with outlets and USB ports. The door between the room and bathroom was great at night when adults wanted to shower while kids were sleeping. And I loved the coffee maker and little breakfast nook. We left Sports knowing we would never stay there again. But we were actually very pleased with Movies.
I will start our arrival day in a bit! For now, here are a few pictures from Disney on Ice we attended a few weeks before our trip :cool:
81E9BE15-CE65-44BE-947E-A4DE318935E8.jpeg
5BF554CF-C48F-431B-A80E-DC359E1CAA2E.jpeg
036ED919-363D-4E27-9463-0AA70432D040.jpeg
166F6F68-7EAA-4658-9034-0FC4470F36FE.jpeg
DDDA5C21-D087-4C57-BB4C-3BEA04DE8E18.jpeg
848B19B7-AE40-42A8-B391-D7F43EA76470.jpeg

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
After the show, Nick said he would take the kids over to Alien so I could go do single rider on RnRC. He said he would take them back to the hotel after the ride and I could stay longer if I wanted. Aria needed a tubby and Sage needed to shower (BBB hair 😉 ) so, bonus points for dad!
I quickly cancelled my Alien FP and swapped it for another ToT. No pics from RnRC for some reason 🤷‍♀️
390E5341-E5E2-4480-8790-DC7B663E4CAE.jpeg

I walked over to the Muppets sections since I hadn’t been over there all day
C5D05744-8D2D-4084-B55B-33507745332F.jpeg

Then walked through GE (only took 2 pics and they’re not that good, sorry this land means nothing to me 😂 )
F9564BD8-8184-4047-A864-6DB41C9D0EA4.jpeg
FA54B733-E66D-4E67-BE89-652F4AC73645.jpeg

And finally, a last walk through TSL- the kids were curious if the strands of Christmas lights lit up at night- they do!
47AAE82C-2ECA-4BDD-8131-29A50BA1D7D9.jpeg

So, boarding groups were only called up to 119. So Nick never got to ride Rise. He got back with the kids around 5:30, I got back around 6:30. DHS was open til 8 so he was going to head back if the groups got close to his number. No such luck though. Maybe next time 😔

MinnieM123

Premium Member
All caught up with your TR! You took some fun photos. It's always interesting to read how various families (kids in particular) react to the various attractions in each park. Looking forward to your updates! :)

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
All caught up with your TR! You took some fun photos. It's always interesting to read how various families (kids in particular) react to the various attractions in each park. Looking forward to your updates! :)
Thanks! Nick and I love rides so it’s a bit of a bummer our kids are so wimpy ;)
Hopefully they outgrow it 😂

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Day 5- Wednesday 1/15 MK

Sadly, this was our worst day. And it’s too bad because I was really looking forward to it. I’m not sure why my kids were so grumpy this day. I guess because it was the middle of the week and the fatigue was setting in. I thought I did a good job with our schedule. I thought we had a good mix of early start/ late start days. We were never rushing during the day. We always had time to stop and rest. But for whatever reason, it was still too much for our kids.
So this was one of our sleep in days. Our first thing of the day was an ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 10:30. Earlier in the week, I had pointed out the ferries to Sage and told her we could take one over to our breakfast. We’ve never ridden any of the water craft vehicles before so I have no clue what’s what. But she was very upset when we boarded a smaller boat with benches and not one of the larger double decker boats. 🤷🏻‍♀️
The grounds of the Grand Floridian are gorgeous. We’ve never been outside before (only inside a few years back to see the gingerbread house). But we really enjoyed our walk from the boat launch to the restaurant.
Breakfast was great! In terms of food, I really liked this buffet. They had some different options that weren’t at some of the other places like eggs benedict and blueberry crepes.
(Sage’s shirt says “Sorry, I was thinking about cats)
03008588-E292-44C4-B808-9E6180BCF8EA.jpeg

D9B6ACE0-E7AB-422E-AD83-60BA7B5C3A1C.jpeg
099DAB50-2B13-462F-9498-D9F33E725284.jpeg
60BC4132-AF1D-4ADD-855A-842FBE94EB45.jpeg

So I’m going to post a whole bunch of Winnie the Pooh pictures but first the story to go with them. A few nights earlier we met Pooh at Crystal Palace. Afterwards, all Aria talked about was how soft he was. And how he was the softest character she ever met. So on this day, as he’s approaching our table, she keeps telling me I have to feel Pooh and feel how soft he is. So Pooh comes over and I tell Pooh how Aria thinks he is just so soft and cuddly and that he has the softest fur ever. So Pooh gives Aria lots of extra snuggles.
E5E2F5FC-4737-4570-91E7-D095192085C7.jpeg
2A2B8616-7EBF-43A6-89CF-319166AC96B3.jpeg
EA14141D-3366-4C2A-BD31-ABFE54E640E5.jpeg
235D006E-6B43-4541-95BE-F63752A1DF72.jpeg
ED5888B3-F8B9-4A29-8823-EBC28837BF0F.jpeg

Aria then calls Sage over and tells her to feel Pooh as well. Sage, not understanding proper character etiquette, pets him on the top of the head. I tell her not to do that and she’s obviously upset she did something wrong and goes over and sits with Nick. As Pooh is signing Aria’s autograph book, Nick is quietly explaining to Sage about how she needs to stay in front of the characters where they can see her and only touch their hands and arms. She definitely feels bad that she unknowingly broke the rules but what we didn’t realize was that Pooh must have been listening to all this. He motioned her back over and was hugging her and tickling her until he got her laughing. It was one of the sweetest, kindest character interactions ever. I am so grateful to that Pooh and his understanding of the situation.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Tigger is in a little side hallway with a photo pass photographer so we met him on the way out.
7E8CD20B-F829-4FAE-AB68-9EBC4C455431.jpeg
04BBAF20-50A3-4545-9F19-17CE88ACF442.jpeg
E3C278C4-615B-4314-82E4-E236B8CAADAA.jpeg

Sage has always loved the monorail for some reason. We’ve never stayed at a monorail resort but she always asks to ride, just for fun. So after breakfast the plan was to ride a full loop around before getting off at MK. I also gave ourselves extra time in case she wanted to check out the Epcot loop but she was fine with just the MK loop. Our first fastpass was for Tinkerbell so I did have to mess with our start time for a while but I was eventually able to bump it back.
The kids started fighting while we were waiting for the monorail (of course) so Nick and Sage sat in one car and Aria and I sat in another.
We finally enter MK and get in the FP line for Tink. At the end of the long hallway, there is only one other family in front of us. I don’t know if Tink was going on a break or what but we waited in that tiny hallway for about 20 minutes. The kids couldn’t help themselves of course and it was 20 minutes of poking and teasing and stepping on each other’s feet. A CM did come in a few times to give them stickers but never said what the hold up was.

Finally, Tinkerbell!
019548AA-2DFE-45E0-94E9-0139CA75B690.jpeg
06505A59-8E7B-4F86-B9FB-EE9A5BB84926.jpeg

Outside, Sage took this picture of Nick and I.
DCFCC4C1-C5C1-4000-B255-29D22933C37C.jpeg

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
So the basic plan for the day looked pretty relaxing on paper (I thought so anyway) We were hoping to see the stage show, the parade, the fireworks, and do Tomorrowland attractions in between. Other than Tink, our fastapasses were for Space Mountain and the Pooh ride since we missed it while in Fantasyland a few days prior.
Our first stop in Tomorrowland was the Monsters Inc show. Always a classic.
97C92282-6CC2-4870-BA96-52D8934C384A.jpeg

We had maybe 30 minutes til the stage show so the plan was to ride the TTA or Astro Orbitors but of course, both had longer waits than that 🤦‍♀️ Sage was curious about Carousel of Progress but we knew we wouldn’t have time for that either. We are discussing all of this in the heat and sunshine and the kids are getting grumpier and grumpier and obviously frustrated that we don’t have time to do anything at the moment. We finally convince them that we should just go find a shady spot for the show and wait patiently. We get them some slushies on the way over and find a spot under some trees near one of the paths to Tomorrowland. They drink their slushies in the shade while we wait and despite having a decent view of the stage, they both insist on moving closer, in the direct sun, when it starts. We beg them to stay in the shady spot as we’re hoping to hold on to it for the parade as well but they refuse so off we go into the hot hot sun.
072AF0CF-AC86-41A7-8FA2-290830153064.jpeg
2EB68CF0-E0F4-4B0E-BA2E-DBACE2851B0D.jpeg
CFE9DA03-BCEB-4B0D-8962-EDE462F16EC5.jpeg
FB7CC995-B755-452E-B723-2BDD0FD3AB8C.jpeg

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
The stage show was at 2:15 and the parade was at 3. I’m assuming most people had the same idea as us, to stick around for both, because the hub was bonkers at this point. Of course our lovely shaded spot was gone so we started shuffling through the hub looking for a new spot. It was jam packed, not a spot to be found. As we made our way over to Liberty Square, the sun hid behind some clouds. So now we had no way of telling if we would be in the sun or not 🤦‍♀️
We finally found a tiny morsel of land right near that cart that sells the hand painted umbrellas. We still had a good 20/30 minutes til parade time. And guess what happened 5 minutes later? The clouds parted and our spot was in the direct sunshine.
Aria, causally waiting for the parade to start-
E10A6655-8F22-4E00-8523-235EC9B5726F.jpeg

I decided to hang out in the shady overhang of the doorway behind us (labeled on the map as the Liberty Square Ticket Office). Nick put Aria up on his shoulders, standing back against the wall of Sleepy Hollow Refreshments so he wouldn’t block anyone, and Sage insisted on staying in the hot sun so she still had a good view (whining and complaining the whole time of course). Not exactly the family parade experience I was hoping for 🤷‍♀️
A6F2A49A-F8E1-44EB-BC75-79FF97914428.jpeg
DD46E12F-B713-443C-ABE3-AB0B303ADFFD.jpeg
D65AC159-705B-48D6-A350-E33CB8ED4C3D.jpeg
DE845C9B-F3A8-472B-8350-F1B52D8DEE6D.jpeg
E3EC6294-DB60-45E2-B4AC-EF5F855FACAE.jpeg
89198815-B713-4A53-BDC9-85A16054BE91.jpeg
B3E6A055-76A0-40E4-ADEF-4A5EB3DBEF59.jpeg

Piglet_the_brave

Love the Pooh interaction, sometimes the characters pick up so well on what’s going on. But sorry things don’t seem to be going so well for you. I have a lot of sympathy for you on daughters bickering over nonsense.

As an eighties child, LOVE Nick’s shirt.

Cetta

Your trip sounds so much like our first trip as a family of 4. It wasn’t the heat that was the problem for us tho, it was just everyone being cranky for no reason and my kids wanting to go back to the hotel to play on the tablet. Like really kids?!?! It’s funny tho because my 4 yo sons favorite of the trip was slinky dog while your kiddos didn’t enjoy it. I can’t wait to read about the rest of the trip!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Love the Pooh interaction, sometimes the characters pick up so well on what’s going on. But sorry things don’t seem to be going so well for you. I have a lot of sympathy for you on daughters bickering over nonsense.

As an eighties child, LOVE Nick’s shirt.

Thank you! Nick and I are big fans of the Back to the Future trilogy. One of our wedding songs was Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News :cool:
And yes, my girls fight constantly 😔

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Your trip sounds so much like our first trip as a family of 4. It wasn’t the heat that was the problem for us tho, it was just everyone being cranky for no reason and my kids wanting to go back to the hotel to play on the tablet. Like really kids?!?! It’s funny tho because my 4 yo sons favorite of the trip was slinky dog while your kiddos didn’t enjoy it. I can’t wait to read about the rest of the trip!
I really think part of it is over stimulation. For some kids, I think it’s just too much. It’s too loud, it’s too crowded, it’s too restricting. My kids need to run around and play and you can’t do that waiting in line after line after line all day long. We wish we took a different approach. We would have accomplished far less but maybe our kids would have been happier 🤷‍♀️ I guess it’s a moot point now.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
So after the parade we gathered in the lovely AC of that random ticket office behind us. It was time for Nick and I to use our Space Mountain FPs. But the kids has other ideas. Aria was insisting she was starving and absolutely needed to eat. Sage was begging to check out Carousel of Progress. We were hoping we could split up and still have time for Space Mountain. Sage was super against splitting up during this trip. It’s part of her anxiety, she always thinks she will miss something and that the other people will end up doing something super fun. Thankfully we convince her that Aria eating is not all that interesting and that splitting up is the best thing to do.
I take Aria over to Pinocchio Village Haus for pizza and Nick and Sage head back to Tomorrowland.
I wasn’t super hungry yet but I used a snack credit on a side antipasto salad and was glad I did. It was a decent size for a snack and very tasty. And Aria loved her pizza.
As we were eating, Nick was texting me about their CoP fiasco. Nick and I haven’t done CoP since one of our pre-kids trips, so either 2008 or 2009. And Sage had never been on but had read about it in a kids Disney book she got for Christmas and was eager to check it out.
So Nick texts me to say they are stuck in one of the scenes and the loop was replaying. He texts me a few minutes later to say the scene is now playing for the third time. A CM keeps coming over an intercom every 30 seconds or so to remind everyone to stay in their seats. The intercom is apparently very loud and staticky and that combined with the repeating scene has caused Sage to huddle in her chair, covering her ears. Nick is desperate to get out but of course they can’t. They finally make it to the next scene and that one gets stuck too. Now Sage is in tears.
Finally every thing wraps up and Sage and Nick have never been so happy to get off a ride.
Once Aria and I finished eating, I discreetly took her over to Small World, hoping to catch a low wait time. But nope, 45 minutes. We sit on a nearby bench to wait for Nick and Sage. All this extra nonsense has sadly caused Nick and I to miss our Space Mountain FP 😔 I did check the app many times, hoping to snag another, but no such luck. They were gone every time I checked.
Once we all reunite, it’s time for our Pooh FP.
Both kids LOVED this ride and I was so glad we had a FP. Seeing everyone rub their hands all over those giant screens in the regular queue was grossing me out. Mmmm flu germs! 😂
6B5A3130-F206-4713-91E3-9DC4F84FF8FD.jpeg
98BDAA37-6A10-48F8-AC97-B325A926701D.jpeg

Aria had been begging for rides all day and here it was, 4:45 and we were just doing our first ride. So when we walked by the Tea Cups and it was only a 10 minute wait, we happily got in line.
8774FBC6-74A7-4B7C-B64D-3B62D023B15D.jpeg
47D99EBC-43D9-445D-A032-CAF53B567F88.jpeg
E3225A3C-3751-471C-827D-1569ED8ECB43.jpeg
78EA24E7-94CB-44C7-86B6-C194358564E6.jpeg

Now of course Sage wanted dinner. I forget what she wanted but we went over to Cosmic Rays. Such a lovely view, too bad the window was filthy 😂
F73E5B29-DF5E-4B72-9670-306CE83F115B.jpeg

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Oh, I forgot this part. While we were sitting there, we noticed a group of girls on the bridge. They were young, probably early 20’s. They were wearing matching shirts and ears. They were super invested in getting pictures together and of each other. I’d say for a good ten minutes they were posing and taking selfies. One girl was laying on the ground to take pictures of another. Nick was rolling his eyes (as he often did when we saw numerous people super invested in selfie taking throughout the week) but honestly, it always made me really happy. These girls must have been having the best day. They must have been so happy, that it was super important for them to stop and take the time to get perfect pictures. That way, they could look back on them for years to come and always remember that magical day. So honestly, the whole situation made me smile 😊
Then my kids probably started fighting or something 😂

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
So the next few hours were weirdly our most successful of the day. Even though we were approaching the girls normal bed times, I think some cooler temps with the sun going down definitely helped.
Sage had been asking to ride Barnstormer in the dark and after using our 3rd FP on Pooh, I was able to get a 4th for Barnstormer. While we were waiting for it to get dark, the kids played in the Dumbo play area again, then off we went to Barnstormer. This time, Aria hated it even more than the first time and told us she was never riding again. We had time for one more quick thing before the fireworks and thankfully, the Ariel ride had a short wait. I don’t have any pictures from this time🤔

By then it was almost 7 and the fireworks were at 8. So I told the kids we really needed to go find a spot. We went back over to our original stage show spot- against the fence near the path to Tomorrowland. We wanted the kids to be able to stand up on the ledge to get a good view and this spot backed up to trees so they wouldn’t be blocking anyone. We were able to get a spot here but we were a little further down the path. We had a good view of the castle but there was a big tree in front of us and to the right. Nick and the kids held the spot while I did a quick lap to see if I could find anything better. Well let me tell you, there was barely room to walk. The hub and Main Street were the most crowded I had ever seen it. Just hoards and hoards of people.
For the next hour we took turns saving our spot. The kids had Disney gift cards that they got for Christmas and they both had certain toys they had been eying all week. So Nick took Sage first to the Emporium, then Aria. While Nick and Sage were gone, a woman randomly walked up to Aria and gave her a light up wand. She mouthed to me first, asking if it was ok. I have no idea why she did this, or why she had it to give away in the first place but I was very grateful. It kept Aria very entertained.
The kids did surprisingly well passing time over that hour and finally, it was showtime!
Even though we had a good view of the castle, the tree to the right of us blocked a lot of the fireworks. And for some reason, there were a lot more fireworks on the right side compared to the left side.
We were talking after and even though the projections are nice, I think I prefer Wishes. With the addition of the projections, you really need to be front and center to fully enjoy the show. There were a lot more viewing options with Wishes. The parks are busier and more crowded than ever, now is not the time to be crowding more people into such a small area.
86F27B0A-96B7-48FF-B201-E688236E697B.jpeg
CC9CE266-6BEE-44A6-A6A8-A69FAE609A5E.jpeg
D293574E-0213-43D7-A64A-10B2F4D5C3C8.jpeg
0A23F52E-5CED-4EF7-9161-CE9D9085FFED.jpeg
5490F90B-88EA-4D2F-A94A-525B85D75047.jpeg
35962C2D-5F65-45EB-B11B-ABCC20C19A74.jpeg

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Day 6- Thursday 1/16 AK

Since we were out late the night before, this was another sleep in day. We were planning on going back to Animal Kingdom. I made a list of all the stuff we still had left to do and, since our first AK day was much shorter than I anticipated, the list was quite long. Our first FP was at 11:15 so I thought if we arrived around then, and stayed til 6 or 7, we’d have plenty of time. Sadly, I was wrong 😔
We started the morning with breakfast in the food court and a walking tour of the rest of All Star Movies. I really wish our request to stay in the Dalmatians section was fulfilled. It was my fav! The kids ended up loving the Toy Story section. I mean, obviously, it was like a little play area 😂
Lots of pictures coming!
108BCAD7-3E7E-44E4-A590-A949439A1B02.jpeg
8698F71E-0FE9-4EDE-A71C-A3F3F2EB7C75.jpeg
31CF69A0-E018-4077-8C67-3266AD7784F3.jpeg
019B17CE-8CA5-4677-97BF-1CD69BFD0080.jpeg
C3730EFD-86D7-47A1-A8F5-0C03B835094B.jpeg
E9740B11-D353-4750-9DBF-00D5AF71AEAD.jpeg
57C9C767-BFC7-4490-9407-91AF76D47547.jpeg
989D507A-7784-4BD5-AE54-8F699DCB61C3.jpeg
DC90141C-25DF-486E-B890-06512616A7D3.jpeg
EFAB70F8-E681-44D4-A592-E3A67379CAA5.jpeg

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
So on this day, Nick decided to use our stroller rental voucher and get a stroller for Sage. I was not so keen on the idea, I thought she looked pretty ridiculous, but he was hoping less walking would equal being less tired and grumpy.
So we get to AK, get our stroller and go back over to Pandora.
A9349EBF-B5D3-4B37-B9C7-1C83D978185B.jpeg

FP #1 is for Flight of Passage. Nick goes first and the kids and I poke around in the Avatar gift shop. They get bored pretty quickly so once Nick is done, he takes them over to Dinoland to do Triceratop Spin and to play in the boneyard while I ride.
This is our first time experiencing FoP. Nick liked it, I did not.
When the ride first started, for the first 10 or 15 seconds, I was amazed by the clarity of the graphics and how realistic everything looked. But suddenly, a giant gust of wind blew quite forcefully in my face. I wasn’t expecting it at all and it took my breath away. I put my hand in front of my face, to shield the wind, waiting for it to die down. But it didn’t. It was a constant wind, directly in my face and it was really strong. I started to panic and I literally felt like I couldn’t breathe. I had no idea how long the ride was, which made things even worse. For the remainder of the time, I kept my hand in front of my face and was breathing deeply through my mouth. My heart was pounding and I couldn’t wait for the ride to be over. I love rides and I love roller coasters but I will never ride Flight of Passage again.
I then made my way over to Dinoland. The kids played in the boneyard a bit more the we took another ride on Triceratop Spin
A217125A-8FD8-48EE-BDC0-517C5D8E577E.jpeg

We had a little less than an hour til our ADR at Yak and Yeti. We went over to the Timon and Rafiki meet and greet and were told the wait was 35 minutes. Instantly, Sage was like, nope! And tried to keep walking. But I knew we wouldn’t have time for something else, like the Lion King show, so I told them to suck it up and get in line. The good part was that we could take the strollers in line so they had a place to sit. And it was mostly in the shade!
The line was long, more like 45 minutes, but we made it!
FD0F464C-2914-4CB4-9BA1-C42BEAF05DC5.jpeg
9F84DB60-0F4C-4C87-B1FF-BBC306EA3A7F.jpeg
CF228D77-0B32-4E0E-9087-7858C7790DA1.jpeg

(There was a fan blowing that was making my shirt billow up, I swear I’m not pregnant🤦‍♀️ )

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Timon has always been one of our favorite character meet and greets. He is usually really funny and great with the kids!

Yes he was great! Lots of hugs and high fives. And another funny thing that happened- I handed him one of the kids autograph books and the marker. I forgot to take the cover off the marker and he was struggling a bit with his fury paws. I said, oh sorry do you want me to open that for you? He stopped and looked at me, flexed his muscles and pulled the cap off 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom