News New Parade: Magic Happens

BrianLo

The last time I've seen Disney mix past and present franchises was the "Happiness Is Here Parade".

Even that had a Toy Story float!

There is literally no float for the big five renaissance films (of which I include Toy Story). Sounds like there is just a costumed Genie somewhere in there.

A nice change of pace.

TsWade2

No Toy Story, no Ariel, no Simba. It's literally unheard of for ?decades.

I'm pumped for the mix of franchises.
I don't mind they use Little Mermaid and The Lion King or other franchises in the parade. And I'm surprise they're not going to include Snow White or Beauty and the Beast in this parade. However, I'm glad they're going to use Sword In The Stone. Maybe one day Disneyland will include Disney animated movies that we haven't seen in a while as parade floats like Hercules, Robin Hood, Fantasia, or maybe Silly Symphony cartoons.

Phroobar

I want to see more older movies and less Princess floats. This parade is still 80% Princess. Parades from before the 90's had only one princess float. Disney needs to strive to bring that back. Besides, why isn't Princess Leia on any of these floats?

drizgirl

I want to see more older movies and less Princess floats. This parade is still 80% Princess. Parades from before the 90's had only one princess float. Disney needs to strive to bring that back. Besides, why isn't Princess Leia on any of these floats?
Blech. Enough with Star Wars already. Besides, they don't want her in Galaxy's Edge, so why would they put her in the parade?

180º

Wow, those floats are looking beautiful. I loved Soundsational but after eight years of that, and before that, however long we had C!RAP, I forgot what it must be like to have lavish, dimensional floats with textures beyond steel and plastic driving down the parade route. I'm really looking forward to this parade!

Phroobar

Blech. Enough with Star Wars already. Besides, they don't want her in Galaxy's Edge, so why would they put her in the parade?
Princess Leia has never been in a Disneyland parade yet Disneyland parades are 80-90% Princess driven. If not her then give us those long lost Disney Princesses like Tiger Lily, Maid Marian, Princess Eilonwy, Kida and Giselle. Who made Mulan and Tiana princesses anyway?

Disney Analyst

Wow, those floats are looking beautiful. I loved Soundsational but after eight years of that, and before that, however long we had C!RAP, I forgot what it must be like to have lavish, dimensional floats with textures beyond steel and plastic driving down the parade route. I'm really looking forward to this parade!

Aint that true! I mean. Soundsational has gorgeous dimensional floats also, but with a very particular art design.

brb1006

Princess Leia has never been in a Disneyland parade yet Disneyland parades are 80-90% Princess driven. If not her then give us those long lost Disney Princesses like Tiger Lily, Maid Marian, Princess Eilonwy, Kida and Giselle. Who made Mulan and Tiana princesses anyway?
I'm surprised Maid Marian from Robin Hood hasn't returned to the parks. She hasn't been seen since the early 90s (and it was only for rare appearances). She's the only character that's missing besides the titular protagonist, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Little John, and The Sheriff of Nottingham.

Disneylover152

Soundsational Parade was Disney's best parade ever IMO. Fun Music, Colorful Floats, and a wide variety of characters. It would have been hard for you to not find a character you love in that parade. It also helps that the artistic style they went with was my favorite. Magic Happens has a lot to top. From initial videos & artwork, I am a little skeptical. I don't really like the style they are going with. I wish they went more similar to Festival of Fantasy.

Curious Constance

I’m sure Tiger Lily, Maid Marian, Princess Eilonwy, Kida, and Giselle sell a TON of merchandise.

TsWade2

New video showing off more of the floats:

Tons of movement and kinetics, super excited!

Goodness gracious! They've been updating this parade a lot, haven't they? I'm so excited for this. The only thing that bugs me right now is, what's Mickey's Opening Float look like? I guess I'll have to wait next month.:rolleyes: But, I'm still glad they'd showed the concept art float of The Sword In The Stone. WHEE! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom