Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Analyst

You know they don't pay nearly that much for them - they should have just tacked on $1 or so to each meal. Not everyone takes them.

$1.00 and they’d never keep up with stock, let alone people that would start selling them online for 10-20 bucks. Also, are they not metal? I think $10 for a specialty fork that is metal isn’t crazy for a theme park.

ImperfectPixie

$1.00 and they’d never keep up with stock, let alone people that would start selling them online for 10-20 bucks. Also, are they not metal? I think $10 for a specialty fork that is metal isn’t crazy for a theme park.
Maybe not, but I don't know many people that will buy them at that price point. Maybe at $5, but definitely not $10.

scottieRoss

I know that when we went to Batuu opening weekend we loved that we got to use the spork. We did not steal ours, but left them on the tray. When we went back 2 weeks later, they were gone. Last month, when we returned, we missed them greatly. Next time, we will be purchasing them.

peoplemover

Just got back from a trip to Galaxy's Edge. I absolutely loved Rise of the Resistance. Smuggler's Run wasn't my favorite... I just wanted to ride the ride instead of having to keep pressing buttons and take my eyes off the screen. The land is very beautiful, but it felt like some things were missing... like aliens and roaming droids to feel like I was on a different planet. The DJ droid in Oga's Cantina was a really nice touch, though. At the end of the day, it was a nice land but I didn't feel the same connection to it like I did when I visited the Harry Potter world at Universal. Still excited about going back, though, and hopefully they continue to make it even more immersive. :)

Mike S

Interesting permit filed today by Coastal Steel for the address of Rise of the Resistance with an expiration date of 5/29/2021. The contractor and date point to some fairly significant steel work. Not sure what this could be for.
Isn’t Rise near where the entrance to Batuu for Star Wars Hotel guests will be? Maybe it’s that.

YodaMan

Isn’t Rise near where the entrance to Batuu for Star Wars Hotel guests will be? Maybe it’s that.

I thought the rumor was that the entrance would be down near Oga’s, but there is a small parking lot next to Rise so perhaps they’re using that as a staging area?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought the rumor was that the entrance would be down near Oga’s, but there is a small parking lot next to Rise so perhaps they’re using that as a staging area?

Correct, the entrance is rumored to be on the far side of Oga's. They permit would be for the address of the actual work, not for a staging area.

tonymu

Premium Member
Interesting permit filed today by Coastal Steel for the address of Rise of the Resistance with an expiration date of 5/29/2021. The contractor and date point to some fairly significant steel work. Not sure what this could be for.
Could it be for the "terminal" for the shuttle from the Star Wars Hotel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom