Rise of the Resistance Virtual Line Guest Survey

justintheharris

Original Poster
According to Blog Mickey, Disney is surveying guests regarding how much they like the virtual line
7BB171BE-B098-42CB-80A8-EBF4328F3E42.png

disneygeek90

maybe it’s my own personal bias but I sense some bias in the survey as if they’re trying to push the virtual queue “allows me to do other things in the park” whist the last option mentions a longer wait.
I think it’s trying to manage expectations. Standing in an equal line for everyone sounds great until it’s a 240 minute wait and the ride breaks down in the middle.

Option 1 also acknowledges the drawback of not knowing your time.

Regardless, I’ll choose “I prefer a virtual queue” for 1000, Alex

jt04

Some have suggested more than one dispersal of boarding groups each day. Seems like this would definitely lead to overcrowding as too many guests would head to the studios in the midmorning rush. I could even imagine phased closings. MMRR and Ratatouille are the best solution IMO.

DisneyJoe

If they're only giving surveys to people who actually rode it, that's a pretty terrible sample group.
I disagree - those who haven't experienced it may have no idea what the first option is referring to. Many don't know what a virtual queue or boarding group is until they get there.

UNCgolf

I disagree - those who haven't experienced it may have no idea what the first option is referring to. Many don't know what a virtual queue or boarding group is until they get there.

That's true, but if you're trying to get a good statistical sample for how the system is working for guests overall, only asking people who have managed to successfully use the current system isn't a strong starting point.

With that said, as someone else mentioned, surveys aren't great evidence anyways so it probably doesn't matter very much.

Tom Morrow

I enjoyed the virtual boarding group process. I don't think it should be implemented for every ride, but using it for new or highly in demand rides (ROTR + FOP) makes total sense.
For the entirety of Flight of Passage's existence, I have never waited more than an hour for it simply by getting in line before park closing. Often the closing wait time will only be 30 minutes or less, regardless of what the posted wait time is. If they switch to virtual queuing, I will no longer be able to do this because now everyone who wants to ride it that day has to get there very early.

Disstevefan1

This virtual line implementation may not be perfect, but is better than having to wait in line for 10 hours like they had to do when the Hagrid ride opened in Universal!

It would be cool if joining a boarding group was more like a fast pass plus where you did not need to be in the park and you could book in advance, like a fast pass, but groups with a 2 hour window.

Yes, all the groups would be booked immediately for months in advance, but at least you would not have to show up to the so early only to find out you are not going get to ride it.

ImperfectPixie

This virtual line implementation may not be perfect, but is better than having to wait in line for 10 hours like they had to do when the Hagrid ride opened in Universal!

It would be cool if joining a boarding group was more like a fast pass plus where you did not need to be in the park and you could book in advance, like a fast pass, but groups with a 2 hour window.

Yes, all the groups would be booked immediately for months in advance, but at least you would not have to show up to the so early only to find out you are not going get to ride it.
I don't think they'd ever do that for anything after what happened when the land opened in Anaheim and so many who had made reservations just didn't show up.

Purduevian

Big issue for a ride that goes down as often as ROTR right now

Tom Morrow

The 10 hour waits were only on the first day or two. By day four I was able ride in just about two hours. Otherwise any stories of people waiting all day for it were for a combination of downtimes and weather due to Florida’s every day thunderstorms in the summer.

That isn’t an ideal situation either, but I don’t believe Rise would have full 10 hour waits. When everyone who wants to ride doesn’t have to arrive at the beginning, and with no virtual queue creating no commitment, the general threshold for how long people will physically wait in line is about 2.5-3 hours. Of course, like Hagrid was, Rise is not stable enough to operate steadily, so basically it’s between being able to standing in line when you arrive but risking a potential long downtime, vs. what we have now where you absolutely must arrive before opening.

WDWFREAK53

The only issue I have with the virtual queue is that it shuts out those that don't want to be there at rope drop.
The most popular ride in each park will fill up right away.

Aside from that, I love the virtual groups but I also feel that there should be some sort of penalty if you abuse it. (Book a group and then don't show up for it or don't cancel/swap).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom