Very Un-Disney Restaurant Policies

Oddysey

What surprised me more was the number of agreeable likes the post you are referring to achieved. If one were to really take the time to put themselves in the situation of the OP, one would think they would understand the problems that led to frustration from the OP. This was not a customer problem and should not need to be solved by the customer. It was a problem on the service providers end and the service provider should fix it. We as human's think we are good with empathy, but the more I observe human behavior, collectively we are terrible at it. Me included, I am human.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
What surprised me more was the number of agreeable likes the post you are referring to achieved. If one were to really take the time to put themselves in the situation of the OP, one would think they would understand the problems that led to frustration from the OP. This was not a customer problem and should not need to be solved by the customer. It was a problem on the service providers end and the service provider should fix it. We as human's think we are good with empathy, but the more I observe human behavior, collectively we are terrible at it. Me included, I am human.
20 likes for this insane post. Amazing how many people think TWDC is a person. And they love this person. And this person loves them. And must be defended at all costs.

Let me get this straight.... So you were looking for a meal to be comped because of a glitch in the system??? The meal was fine and the service was fine. You were given what you were expected out of the dining experience and was expected to pay for it. You were going to get a refunded transaction by simply going to guest services which would have taken about 5 minutes, and you were out nothing. Wheres the problem??? You were in the hospitality business and you never experienced any glitches?? IMHO you deserved nothing other than the managers apology for the glitch and there shouldnt be any consequences on Disneys part.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
20 likes for this insane post. Amazing how many people think TWDC is a person. And they love this person. And this person loves them. And must be defended at all costs.

Some people can't help but be followers and cheerleaders. It must fill some sort of gap or hole in their lives.

Oddysey

Yep some of the restaurants being third-party mean they don't always have the tools to resolve everything. In some ways you could think of it being like having a groupon voucher, if the voucher fails for some reason, the restaurant may not be best placed to sort it and you have to speak to Groupon. Similarly if you have an issue with dining plan credits, the resort is usually better placed to help than the restaurant.

You obviously have thought this through and have a logical take, and I mean that litterally. You are correct in that the "tenant"/"contractor" may not have the tools to fix the issues. However, I still do not believe that this should fall on the consumer. As a consumer, all I know is that I purchased my dining credits from Disney and am therefore choosing to due business directly with Disney. In this scenario, it is my belief that Disney is ultimately responsible for whom they sign contracts with. If Disney chooses a poor contract, or fails to provide adequate tools to those whom they provide contracts to, that is on Disney. As a consumer, I have no control over who Disney chooses to work with, and I shouldn't be penalized when someone they choose to work with do not have the proper tools and/or have the proper tools, but refuse to use them to resolve an issue I have no control over. Especially in a situation where I have pre-paid.

Last edited:

MaryJaneP

Much still unclear. If movie theater sells me a pass for unlimited admission to movies in their theater, and their system is not able to register my pass on a particular date, due to some malfunction on their part, am I supposed to demand that they comp me the movie? Is my saying and showing my pass supposed to cement my privilege? If they insist on payment for this movie with the excuse that it will be refunded by visiting their customer service person later and showing my receipt being described as "bad service"? So many questions.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Much still unclear. If movie theater sells me a pass for unlimited admission to movies in their theater, and their system is not able to register my pass on a particular date, due to some malfunction on their part, am I supposed to demand that they comp me the movie? Is my saying and showing my pass supposed to cement my privilege? If they insist on payment for this movie with the excuse that it will be refunded by visiting their customer service person later and showing my receipt being described as "bad service"? So many questions.

The theater management would have the option to contact corporate to verify your eligibility, if they put the responsibility on you that would be poor customer service. The restaurant manager had the same option but chose to put the problem on the guest instead of doing their job.

Tom P.

The theater management would have the option to contact corporate to verify your eligibility, if they put the responsibility on you that would be poor customer service. The restaurant manager had the same option but chose to put the problem on the guest instead of doing their job.
Okay, now suppose that the system that handled the unlimited movie passes was completely down, meaning that even at the corporate level they could not validate you have an active pass. Then what? Should the theater comp the tickets to that particular movie? Should the customer pay for the tickets and come back for a refund later? Should the customer just leave? What would be the best way to handle that bad scenario?

lazyboy97o

Okay, now suppose that the system that handled the unlimited movie passes was completely down, meaning that even at the corporate level they could not validate you have an active pass. Then what? Should the theater comp the tickets to that particular movie? Should the customer pay for the tickets and come back for a refund later? Should the customer just leave? What would be the best way to handle that bad scenario?
Comp the tickets. In Disney’s case, that is actually their response when the turnstiles go down and admission to the parks cannot be verified, they just let people into the parks.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Easy, in that situation they should fall back to their business continuity plan. If a company can't keep their systems online, that's not the customer's problem.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
If movie theater sells me a pass for unlimited admission to movies in their theater, and their system is not able to register my pass on a particular date, due to some malfunction on their part, am I supposed to demand that they comp me the movie?
If you bought an unlimited pass, then there's no comping about it -- you've already paid to see the movie. It's not your fault their system is down. They should default to your ID media as verification and let you in.

Club Cooloholic

If the plan is to make people go to customer service and work it out with them every time this comes up...what is the impetus for them to ever fix their system. How often do customers not notice missing credits, and then Disney comes out ahead on that.

On the flipside. If the policy is to just comp a meal the whole time it occurs, how many people would try to take advantage of that?

I think if you end up at customer service to fix their problem, they should provide a credit of some type, be it 2 free snack credits or $10 gift card.

unmitigated disaster

On the flipside. If the policy is to just comp a meal the whole time it occurs, how many people would try to take advantage of that?
I guarantee you people are constantly trying to take advantage of Disney. My hotel is not affiliated at all with Disney as it's in Arizona and we constantly have people trying to get free or radically discounted nights. Oh, it rained and you couldn't sun? No discount. You saw a tarantula on the sidewalk on the road the hotel is on and it scared you? No discount. The people in the room next to you were too loud? Those are your friends. I checked you both in. No discount.

Club Cooloholic

I guarantee you people are constantly trying to take advantage of Disney. My hotel is not affiliated at all with Disney as it's in Arizona and we constantly have people trying to get free or radically discounted nights. Oh, it rained and you couldn't sun? No discount. You saw a tarantula on the sidewalk on the road the hotel is on and it scared you? No discount. The people in the room next to you were too loud? Those are your friends. I checked you both in. No discount.
I am aware of that, but when a company is also trying to double charge you, that isn't good either.

unmitigated disaster

I am aware of that, but when a company is also trying to double charge you, that isn't good either.
I doubt it's intentional. But, you know, accidents happen.

Back in 2013 I saw a guest storm the front desk screaming because he'd been double-charged for a drink. He was so abusive (not uncommon at the front desk, sadly) that management was summoned, who listened and said "yes, it was double-charged. I'm sorry; I'll remove it right away". When I left a few minutes later the guest was still screaming at the staff.

I'm not saying they shouldn't fix the issue. I am saying the front desk staff gets the blame and it isn't fair or right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom