News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Now that we're officially less than a month away from 2/20/20, is it still likely that this restaurant will open by then and if so, when do you think priority seating reservations will open up?
There is still a lot of work to do, and I wouldn't read anything into 2/20/20 at this point. They aren't thinking about reservations yet, it is all about finishing up construction.

trainplane3

One month after I visit...:(

Stupid Smarch weather...:mad:
How about try 2 weeks after a visit.

I do hope for a soft open but I doubt it and won't be expecting it.
This one of the few new Epcot things I'm excited for.

Edit: Oops, I mathed wrong. It never was my strongest subject. It was barely a subject to me. Ignore most of the original statement.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
As far as I can tell, they're the only ones running with this because of insider sources.

I'm sure other sites (@wdwmagic) are checking with their sources to confirm.
I spoke to someone with Patina just a couple of days ago, and the latest was that it is still very much up in the air. I'd be surprised if they had committed to a date at this point. We'll see.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I spoke to someone with Patina just a couple of days ago, and the latest was that it is still very much up in the air. I'd be surprised if they had committed to a date at this point. We'll see.

Well, DIS's own article on it does mention that the Mar 30 date is outside Disney's official "Winter" designation.

If it were Mar 30, I'd expect to see "Winter" dropped in favor of "early 2020."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, DIS's own article on it does mention that the Mar 30 date is outside Disney's official "Winter" designation.

Internally I think the Winter had pretty much gone. It is just a case of getting it open ASAP and in 2020.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
D7904FDB-9BDE-4EC2-A8E3-29E874F6087B.jpeg

DC0703

Mar 30 could be a placeholder date since it would be the end of a financial quarter.

Based on the rumblings the moderator has heard and the fact that there has been no official promotion yet (for example, pictures of entrees on the official Disney blog, which often precedes the release of the menu), I'm guessing that this won't be opening until later in the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom