M&M'S store coming to Disney Springs in 2020

peter11435

Wow, M&M Store from the Florida Mall... Disney Springs sure knows how to aim low... Maybe next will be a Spencer's Gifts or Hot Topic.
As compared to a McDonald’s and an entire store selling nothing but magnets?

M&M’s are one of the most popular candies Globally. The store will be one of only a small handful of locations around the world. Seems like a good fit to me.

dreamfinder

Pretty sure will also be seeing the my M&M's Disney exclusive candies that are double the price too..
MY-MMS®-MMS®-Disney-Blends-Mozilla-Firefox-11262010-12313-PM.jpg

I'd hope here they would split the difference in the normal price, and the custom price. Those one are crazy expensive as they are basically custom short run print jobs. If they have a Disney location and choose to sell cobranded, they can make them in much large quantities, letting the pricing be closer to normal M&Ms, but yet still have some room for a WDW markup.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'd hope here they would split the difference in the normal price, and the custom price. Those one are crazy expensive as they are basically custom short run print jobs. If they have a Disney location and choose to sell cobranded, they can make them in much large quantities, letting the pricing be closer to normal M&Ms, but yet still have some room for a WDW markup.
Even if they don't do the printed ones. They could also do color sets of the fab five..

DisneyDebRob

I still don’t really understand how that M&M store in Times Square makes enough money to stay in business with real estate what it is there. I’m sure it’ll do fine at Springs, it always felt lacking in things for kids to actually do.
I have walked by that place in Times Square with a line down the street that would rival SM on some days. I don’t get it but they do draw crowds.

ThatMouse

"Guests will be fully immersed into an interactive chocolate experience that will create more moments and more smiles through the colorful fun of M&M’S"

With all that's going on in the world, we could all use more smiles. You know, whenever I'm having my interactive chocolate experiences, I like to take a moment and think about what all the poor people are doing.

Bocabear

now aside from a costumed character meet and greet, how exactly is the M&Ms store an interactive attraction? Interactive in that you have to actually pay for the candy and then you can eat it?

MrPromey

@Bocabear 's post reminded me that at Florida Mall, there's also a Crayola Experience place.

Would anyone have preferred Crayola over M&M's? Just curious.

Well, the Crayola Experience is an actual attraction (with a sizable gift shop). You pay to get in and do highly interactive stuff. I think if it were to come to Disney Springs, something pretty big would either need to move out or it would need to be a new addition.

It would probably be a good fit for Disney Springs but the crowd, I think, would be very different from what they're pulling in today at Florida Mall.

The one at Florida Mall is due (IMO) for a refresh. I wouldn't say I'd be unhappy with it moving to Disney Springs if the price to get in didn't jump.

Instead of choosing between it and M&M World, I'd say the Crayola Experience might have been a better fit than the NBA Experience - although a lot less splashy of a thing to announce and more in line with what Disney as a brand is vs. what they clearly have ambitions for Disney Springs to be.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Well, the Crayola Experience is an actual attraction (with a sizable gift shop). You pay to get in and do highly interactive stuff. I think if it were to come to Disney Springs, something pretty big would either need to move out or it would need to be a new addition.

It would probably be a good fit for Disney Springs but the crowd, I think, would be very different from what they're pulling in today at Florida Mall.

The one at Florida Mall is due (IMO) for a refresh. I wouldn't say I'd be unhappy with it moving to Disney Springs if the price to get in didn't jump.

Instead of choosing between it and M&M World, I'd say the Crayola Experience might have been a better fit than the NBA Experience - although a lot less splashy of a thing to announce (and at the same time, probably a much cheaper overall investment).
I seem to remember M&M's space being bigger than Crayola Experience at The Florida Mall? Don't know the exact measurements for each. In any case, I agree with you about Crayola instead of NBA, for many reasons.

MrPromey

I seem to remember M&M's space being bigger than Crayola Experience at The Florida Mall? Don't know the exact measurements for each. In any case, I agree with you about Crayola instead of NBA, for many reasons.

I never visited the M&M but Crayola basically takes up both floors of a traditional anchor department store with the gated part being the second floor and the "admission area being an overused part of the first floor, accessed from outside. The gift shop takes up maybe a quarter of the first floor square footage and is accessed either by exiting the gated part down a flight of stairs and then going into the back of the store or by going in through the mall.

If you were to enter through the mall, though, it might not be apparent that the rest of it is even there.

It does not use the space efficently and it is obvious that the location was not purpose built. It could probably all be contained in someplace smaller than what it currently occupies but not by a whole lot, I don't think.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
If you were to enter through the mall, though, it might not be apparent that the rest of it is even there.
Ah, ok! Yes, I've only seen it from inside the mall, and only because it's near a tacky but good restaurant I like (Bucca di Beppo). Didn't even know, it occupies 2 floors. It's popular, even though it's not located on a high traffic area, from inside the mall, that is.

MrPromey

Ah, ok! Yes, I've only seen it from inside the mall, and only because it's near a tacky but good restaurant I like (Bucca di Beppo). Didn't even know, it occupies 2 floors. It's popular, even though it's not located on a high traffic area, from inside the mall, that is.

Oh yeah, there's way more to it than just the shop. It's about $28 to get into the interactive area, if memory serves me.

I've always wondered about that restaurant. The outside always looked a little over-the-top but it seems to be popping every time I've been there.

If my son drags me back to Crayola, I might drag him there for dinner.*

*I say drags me back because as an adult, the Crayola Experience was very much a one-and-done for me. Enjoyable but not repeatable. For a child, it seems to be a different kind of thing, though. (we've been three times)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom