News FastPass+ comes to Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Disney's Hollywood Studios

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well this is going to be less fun. IMHO the attraction was doing quite a wonderful job of servicing what will now be the standby queue with waits of an hour or less, but it will lessen the SDD FP+ demand just a bit.

For us it might make HS the place we check into in the morning and after getting a boarding group go elsewhere until return time... Sort of like they envision the Star Wars hotel experience to be but replacing the hotel with Epcot, MK or AK.

Epcot82Guy

While it makes sense on paper, I wonder if this is another crowd shift attempt. Get people to go into HS first thing (and get the guest count there) - then have them hop to another park (getting the second count there). Thinking ideally (on paper to the suits) Epcot. The attendance numbers at each individual park are likely the current focus.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Well this is going to be less fun. IMHO the attraction was doing quite a wonderful job of servicing what will now be the standby queue with waits of an hour or less, but it will lessen the SDD FP+ demand just a bit.

For us it might make HS the place we check into in the morning and after getting a boarding group go elsewhere until return time... Sort of like they envision the Star Wars hotel experience to be but replacing the hotel with Epcot, MK or AK.
Eh, its at 70 minutes right now, not sure if they are managing any better or worse but I don't think FP+ will help improve standby wait times by any means.

Eventually Im guessing RoTR and MMRR will both be tier 1's too.

Jon81uk

I’m guessing MMRR will hit Tier 1 as well. So once Rise get your to operational reliability, add that and you have 4 big ones.

But I can see them eventually punting MFSR back to Tier 2 once they offer Rise FP+, as no one is gonna pick that over Rise.

Keeping MFSR as tier one alongside RotR wouldn't be a bad thing though. May mean fewer people taking FP for the ride and therefore Standby moves quicker.

Minthorne

Just got one for 2/23, but both the app and MDE on my desktop are crashing constantly. I've tried to modify it multiple times and have gotten nothing but error screens. It took four attempts just to book it in the first place.

Par for the course, with Disney IT.

Same - I was able to get MFSM on 3/4 and 3/7 but the crashes were constant. Now no FP plans are showing for me on the website or app. MyHiccup+

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom