News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Be wary of reports showing a queue outside the attraction, claiming it to be for the next show. IdF’s lobby capacity is smaller than that of the theater. SOP for Palais du Cinema is to close of the lobby once it’s full, then allow a line to gather outside. Once the first wave is allowed in, the rest are allowed in until the theater is filled (which is rare, although I’ve heard about it happening once).

I would presume the lobby is now even smaller with the art/cinema installation in it.

Figments Friend

I am still trying to understand why Disney felt this 'sing along' addition was needed in this particular space.

The fact that this is just a 'video' playing with NO live performers or character appearances is baffling.
It makes the entire effort seem incredibly pointless in my opinion.
I am more then certain there must be Guests who leave the show disappointed, thinking they were going to see related characters similar to the other 'singalong' presentation on Property.

Who thought this was a good idea in upper management?
It is indeed a puzzle to me.
Makes NO sense to me from any perspective, except maybe a OPS perspective where it might be seen as a enticing and inexpensive small diversion to lure Guests off of the walkways to free up congestion.

What were they thinking?
Was this something really desired by Guests?

So utterly non-sensical.

🤔

-

Princess Leia

I am still trying to understand why Disney felt this 'sing along' addition was needed in this particular space.

The fact that this is just a 'video' playing with NO live performers or character appearances is baffling.
I am more then certain there must be Guests who leave the show disappointed, thinking they were going to see related characters similar to the other 'singalong' presentation on Property.

Makes NO sense to me from any perspective, except maybe a OPS perspective where it might be seen as a enticing and inexpensive small diversion to lure Guests off of the walkways to free up congestion.

What were they thinking?

So utterly non-sensical.

🤔

-
Especially when you can turn the DHS show into your own sing a long.

Sure, it isn’t supposed to be one, and you might get some dirty looks from guests around you for singing too loud, but that show has to be more enjoyable than this DVD extra.

aladdin2007

Be wary of reports showing a queue outside the attraction, claiming it to be for the next show. IdF’s lobby capacity is smaller than that of the theater. SOP for Palais du Cinema is to close of the lobby once it’s full, then allow a line to gather outside. Once the first wave is allowed in, the rest are allowed in until the theater is filled (which is rare, although I’ve heard about it happening once).

this, thats why on Monday, which was super busy and crowded in the park, I mentioned that what was shown in that photo that was making its rounds from whoever that person was,, those lines were just not out there like that for the most part.

Last edited:

trainplane3

What were they thinking?

So utterly non-sensical.

🤔

-
At least they didn't try to modify the theater to have a large stage. I'm somewhat glad it's only a video. It's easily removable.

Still doesn't change the fact I'm going to skip it and patiently wait for the 7:30 showing of IdF. I may already even have it in my calendar...
idf.JPG

🤣

Figments Friend

At least they didn't try to modify the theater to have a large stage. I'm somewhat glad it's only a video. It's easily removable.

Still doesn't change the fact I'm going to skip it and patiently wait for the 7:30 showing of IdF. I may already even have it in my calendar...
View attachment 442939
🤣

Agree.
I am indeed thankful they did not install a stage, but if they were keeping this 'on the cheap' and temporary a portable stage could be an option.
And having something else going on besides another screen to watch DVD Bonus Materials content on would be a little bit of a plus.

Enjoy your showing of 'Impressions'
It is indeed stunning.
Just think, last time you saw it , it was with me and two other really cool people !
:)

-

trainplane3

Agree.
I am indeed thankful they did not install a stage, but if they were keeping this 'on the cheap' and temporary a portable stage could be an option.
And having something else going on besides another screen to watch DVD Bonus Materials content on would be a little bit of a plus.

Enjoy your showing of 'Impressions'
It is indeed stunning.
Just think, last time you saw it , it was with me and two other really cool people !

-
I actually wasn't with you guys for IdF. My schedule was busier then normal but I wanted to make sure my friends that came down with me got to do everything they wanted. Last I did IdF was July. We kept trying to find time for IdF but something always came up. We got to do China at least.

I suppose I'll have to do it twice this time! The upcoming trip next month is hilariously under-planned. 3 FPs that I probably won't even use because of Moonlight Magic in AK and only 2 TSRs. It's going to be so nice to have nothing locked in.

TrainsOfDisney

This is rough.... this is the quality of a pre-show, not an attraction. It was underwhelming and I had super low expectations. I can’t imagine it will get good guest scores.

lazyboy97o

Apparently I missed the movement of "true fans" that were demanding DVD-quality video on a single screen in World Showcase. :rolleyes:
Yes, I want Disney at a DisneyPark! I can see stupid Paris and French Toast on YouTube. I can only watch Beauty and the Beast at home, on my iPad and iPhone. What about me and the children who also want to see part of it on part of a very large screen?

Epcot82Guy

Yes, I want Disney at a DisneyPark! I can see stupid Paris and French Toast on YouTube. I can only watch Beauty and the Beast at home, on my iPad and iPhone. What about me and the children who also want to see part of it on part of a very large screen?

I would watch the "French Toast on YouTube" channel, I won't lie. And I'm pretty sure it would be much more entertaining...

Figments Friend

I actually wasn't with you guys for IdF. My schedule was busier then normal but I wanted to make sure my friends that came down with me got to do everything they wanted. Last I did IdF was July. We kept trying to find time for IdF but something always came up. We got to do China at least.

I suppose I'll have to do it twice this time! The upcoming trip next month is hilariously under-planned. 3 FPs that I probably won't even use because of Moonlight Magic in AK and only 2 TSRs. It's going to be so nice to have nothing locked in.

Oh wow....i thought for sure you were there with us.
Hmmm, thinking back now i guess it was just the three of us seeing the Show that evening after spending some time with you.
Well, look at it this way - you were so enjoyable to be with, you were there with us in 'spirit'...!

Yes, i would definitely make time to see 'Impressions...' as much as you can and savor the experience.
It's future seems uncertain at this point, so i would recommend enjoying it while you still can.
Who knows how much longer we will be able to view it on the big screen in World Showcase.

I have no idea when i will be back in the Orlando area, but whenever that time comes, i hope it's still playing.
Definately would go to another showing.
It looks stunning on the screen, and the sound quality matches the aura of it all.

-

Next Big Thing

While I don't have historical numbers for this particular pavilion, let's not forget that EPCOT had higher attendance when they didn't have movie characters being shoved into every corner they could be conceivably shoehorned in.

EPCOT (and all theme parks) need to have experiences that can be enjoyed by a variety of people, not just the people who want movie characters or thrills. I find the fact that the France pavilion now does very little to impart any French culture to be highly problematic. The whole pavilion could be dropped into the MK at this point.
Higher attendance because there was less parks.

Musical Mermaid

Just saw this yesterday. No line. In fact, I walked right in when the doors opened for the show.

I love the movie, Beauty and the Beast. This new “show” however was disappointing. I immediately thought of it as a dvd extra or something similar. As far as sing along goes, I did that at home with my siblings in the 90s with the old Disney Sing-Along vhs tapes and had more fun. The people who were singing along to this “show”, good for them, but it felt really out of place and stupid. I will not be revisiting this show.

Musical Mermaid

So it's just "follow the bouncing ball" on a DVD? No live performers like at DHS's Frozen sing-along? I loved the B&tB movie, but forget this!
Basically. Well, even less. At least the sing-along videos usually gave you the entire song. Like others have mentioned, it only uses a small portion of the theater screen. It has some new animation, that might appeal to kids, but the story seems very contrived to me. It doesn’t even make sense. It’s all very reminiscent of the childish quality of the direct to video Disney sequels. The “Belle” song isn’t even the whole song. It ends at the first “bonjours” from the movie. Belle doesn’t even make it to the baker, because they are so intent on pushing their lousy Lefou story. I enjoy watching Lumiere singing “Be Our Guest” in Philharmagic more, at least there are better effects. No Mob Song and Lefou was part of Gaston’s mob.

Impressions de France has some stunning visuals. I don’t know who thought this was a good idea. If I was a kid, I’d rather be meeting Belle and Aurora in France than watching this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom