Pool Bar Cocktails, Prices Higher?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I was in the world last June, and now planning a trip next fall. Is it me or did they increase the price of specialty cocktails at the pool? I was looking at the AKL pool bar menu for the Kidani side and every drink is now $15??? That's nuts for a pool bar, it's what I would pay at a night club or high end restaurant.

lostpro9het

I was in the world last June, and now planning a trip next fall. Is it me or did they increase the price of specialty cocktails at the pool? I was looking at the AKL pool bar menu for the Kidani side and every drink is now $15??? That's nuts for a pool bar, it's what I would pay at a night club or high end restaurant.
3mnsc4.jpg

They've been going up on the regular every year. Price of draft beer at Maji Pool Bar has gone up at least $2/glass over the last five years. I'm guessing they want pool bar pricing in line with park bar pricing, or they just like taking as much money possible.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
View attachment 442480

They've been going up on the regular every year. Price of draft beer at Maji Pool Bar has gone up at least $2/glass over the last five years. I'm guessing they want pool bar pricing in line with park bar pricing, or they just like taking as much money possible.
Or whatever justifies that DDP, it's not a mistake these prices rose even faster once you got an alcoholic drink with your DDP meal.

Hank Hill

I wonder if they would say it is to help cut down on excessive drinking. But yeah even if, drink prices at WDW are ludicrous. Paid $12 for a 16 oz can of PBR in DS. The $15 drink in Galaxy's Edge had little alcohol in it. It's not that I want to get drunk and stumble around, but I expect some value. Drinks are not a value at all.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I wonder if they would say it is to help cut down on excessive drinking. But yeah even if, drink prices at WDW are ludicrous. Paid $12 for a 16 oz can of PBR in DS. The $15 drink in Galaxy's Edge had little alcohol in it. It's not that I want to get drunk and stumble around, but I expect some value. Drinks are not a value at all.
Why did they let it into the MK and include alchohol in the DDP then? Nope this is all about money

dreamfinder

They try to keep pricing in line everywhere on property. That's why buying beer from your resort gift shop costs (or at least used to) pretty much the same as if you bought it at a resort bar.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
They try to keep pricing in line everywhere on property. That's why buying beer from your resort gift shop costs (or at least used to) pretty much the same as if you bought it at a resort bar.
Oddly enough, I noticed that beer is a little cheaper from the stores, but a bottle of wine is WAY cheaper, maybe because some places usually only do by the glass?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I was watching a video walkthrough someone made of Kidani, and they went to the pool area and planned on the drink prices, and this is from 2019.. they $12.25 to $13.50 so some drinks were increased by $2.75 to $15 in one year!!

awoogala

I guess I can make my own pool bar at my chair...
This is what we started doing. The drinks have become more sugary and awful over the last few years, even before the prices got so ridiculous. I wouldn't mind paying $15 for a good, well-mixed cocktail- I do it all the time in many cities- but they are not good, or well mixed cocktails, and they are usually pretty weak and just taste like sugar. Now that I can just get alcohol and mixers delivered, I just can't see suffering through them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom