News New Parade: Magic Happens

brb1006

I don't see anything wrong with the costume of Miguel. I thought it looks good. And it was long overdue ever since Coco was released in theaters 3 years ago.
This is a bit unrelated, but I think it's time for Chip and Dale along with the Tweedles to finally get a makeover.

Ismael Flores

That Mowgli costume just looks weird.

They should have tried Mowgli with abs from the 90s live-action remake. At least he's supposed to be a shirtless adult:

View attachment 442165

They tried the adult shirtless ab ripped Tarzan. He was very popular but had to keep watching himself. Heard that women and a few men would put their hands on his toosh. It was disappointing to see him go as a face character but I saw same person appear in parades for a while.
I believe they brought Tarzan back for the lost friends promotion.

Does WDW still have the walk around Tarzan in DAK

Animaniac93-98

They tried the adult shirtless ab ripped Tarzan. He was very popular but had to keep watching himself. Heard that women and a few men would put their hands on his toosh. It was disapointing to see him go as a face character but same person appeared on parades for a while.

AFAIK Tarzan is still at events like MNSSHP (he was last year) and did a few years of regular sets at AK recently.

This does not excuse or mean some guests do not know when to keep their hands to themselves, but I don't think he's been retired for good.

brb1006

They tried the adult shirtless ab ripped Tarzan. He was very popular but had to keep watching himself. Heard that women and a few men would put their hands on his toosh. It was disappointing to see him go as a face character but I saw same person appear in parades for a while.
I believe they brought Tarzan back for the lost friends promotion.

Does WDW still have the walk around Tarzan in DAK
Yes, Tarzan along with Jane still show up at Walt Disney World. But it's mostly for seasonal events (such as MNSSHP) while Tarzan shows up randomly at Animal Kingdom. Terk is still very common at AK.

brb1006

AFAIK Tarzan is still at events like MNSSHP (he was last year) and did a few years of regular sets at AK recently.

This does not excuse or mean some guests do not know when to keep their hands to themselves, but I don't think he's been retired for good.
I remember Thumper and Miss Bunny from Bambi used to be very common at Animal Kingdom before the construction of "Pandora: World Of Avatar" (which replaced "Camp Minnie Mickey"). These days, Thumper and Miss Bunny only show up for the Easter pre-parade at MK. On the day of the 75th anniversary of Bambi. The two were meeting guests at Rafiki's Planet Watch back in 2017. Still hoping that Flower the Skunk might return to the parks someday.

Phroobar

The only Toy Story character that got a makeover was Bo Peep after Toy Story 4.
That is because Bo Peep was nightmare fuel.
5875368011_90ef70ba01_b.jpg

Even Bo Peep wasn't as bad a Jessica Rabbit.
tumblr_n5ivabrhFQ1tq9mepo1_1280.jpg

TsWade2

Love it!😍 You know, I hate to admit it, even though LittlePageantMonster is a jerk on Micechat, but I'm glad she spoke the truth about Magic Happens Parade. So, I'll give her a benefit of doubt for that. Now, I kind of wonder what the opening float would look like.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

VJ

Also! Press release with info on the overall parade and specific floats:
New daytime spectacular brings a joyous, regal and whimsical procession to guests of all ages at Disneyland Park
‘Magic Happens’ features stunning floats with Disney characters, imaginative music co-composed by singer-songwriter Todrick Hall, artistic costumes and modern choreography

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 21, 2020) – Disneyland Resort will debut its all-new “Magic Happens” parade at Disneyland Park on Feb. 28, 2020. The incredible “Magic Happens” daytime spectacular celebrates the awe-inspiring moments of magic that are at the heart of so many Disney stories. This new parade, led by Mickey Mouse and his pals, celebrates moments of magic from Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios films as they are brought to life on a grand scale with stunning floats, artistic costumes and a surprising and energetic musical score combined with beloved Disney tunes.

“When you come to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure, there are so many ways to immerse yourself in our stories, but a parade is a unique experience because it’s the only way for you, as the audience, to stay in one place and have so many stories, characters and magical moments pass right in front of you,” said David Duffy, creative director for Disney Live Entertainment. “We’ve designed the ‘Magic Happens’ floats so that characters, scenes and surprises are revealed a little at a time, making each float a journey of discovery.”

“Magic Happens” includes something for everyone and will be enjoyed by guests of all ages. This new parade features nine newly designed floats, highlighting magic from classic Walt Disney Animation Studios tales such as “The Sword in the Stone,” “Cinderella” and “Sleeping Beauty,” to more recent stories including “Frozen 2,” “Moana” and “The Princess and the Frog,” as well as Disney and Pixar’s “Coco.” The new floats were created as pieces of moving art, with their lines and aesthetic design working to tell a story along the parade route, while also evoking a sense of magic.

“This parade celebrates the way magic affects both the characters in the stories and the guests who are watching,” says Jordan Peterson, show director for Disney Live Entertainment. “‘Magic Happens’ is like a love letter to those special transformative moments.”

In addition to the stunning floats, the parade route along Main Street, U.S.A., will be filled with dynamic performers and more than two dozen Disney and Pixar characters. The parade’s costume design draws inspiration directly from modern runways, making each costume look fashion-forward, yet uniquely Disney. Many performers and characters in “Magic Happens” will don all-new costumes, specifically made for this parade.

For a sneak peek of “Magic Happens,” click here for a video preview.

While the music and stories seen in “Magic Happens” are rooted in iconic Disney lore, the soundtrack and choreography are heavily influenced by today’s pop culture designers, putting a contemporary spin on the classic Disney hits. “Magic Happens” features an energetic musical score and new songs, co-composed by singer-songwriter, Todrick Hall.

“This is a full circle moment for me,” said Hall, who began his career at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida as a performer in “Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage.” “I learned how to dance from watching Disney parades, so the fact that I am getting to create the music that these iconic Disney characters are going to be performing to is pretty much the most epic thing that has happened to me in my life!”

“Magic Happens” is a whimsical and joyous procession that allows the Disney magic to shine through. The parade features distinct stories with a mix of characters, making it feel contemporary and classic, fun and regal, and surprising and familiar – all at the same time. Highlights of the all-new “Magic Happens” parade include:

• Mickey Mouse leads the way, gliding along on glistening swirls of magic emanating from a giant, iridescent magical hat. Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto and Chip ‘n Dale join in, dancing along with a group of eclectic and artsy performers representing stylized aspects of magic.
  • On her voyager canoe, Moana journeys forth on the crest of a towering wave, inspired by beautiful koa wood carvings, and inset with dazzling, animated glimpses into the magic the ocean holds. This is the first full-scale “Moana”-inspired float to be created for a Disney park.
  • Joining Moana on her journey is Maui, who travels along on his own magical piece of the islands with Moana’s adorable pet pig, Pua. Maui makes his official Disneyland Resort debut in “Magic Happens.”
  • Miguel appears in person for the first time, celebrating the magic that happens when he strums the guitar of Ernesto de la Cruz in the Disney and Pixar film “Coco.” This spectacular float connects the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead with a vibrant marigold bridge, and fantastical alebrije spirit animals join the procession, along with Miguel’s dog Danté. This is the first time the film “Coco” has inspired a float for a Disney Parks parade.
  • From “Frozen 2,” Anna and Elsa explore the mysteries of the Enchanted Forest protected by the Nokk, the mystical water spirit, as their friends Kristoff, Sven and Olaf tag along.
  • The regal grand finale of “Magic Happens” celebrates magical moments from several classic Disney stories. The start of the finale brings together a collection of many iconic magical characters, including Genie, Aladdin, Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, Blue Fairy, Pinocchio and Fairy Godmother. These characters lead the way as more floats are introduced, each highlighting the moments of magic that changed the characters’ lives:
    • From “Cinderella,” guests watch the moment of “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo” as Cinderella is seen inside a grand pumpkin, just as it magically transforms into a glistening carriage to whisk her off to the ball.
    • From “The Sword in the Stone,” Merlin wisely leads the way for young Arthur, who finds the magic within himself as he pulls the sword from the stone, claiming his place upon the throne.
    • Tiana and Naveen from “The Princess and the Frog” are seen amidst a swirl of golden flowers where they share a kiss, completing their transformation back into human forms.
    • The happily-ever-after scene from “Sleeping Beauty” features the three good fairies and Princess Aurora, whose gown shimmers between hues of pink and blue.

TsWade2

Also! Press release with info on the overall parade and specific floats:
Thanks for the info. I'm surprised there isn't going to be a Peter Pan float. But, at least Peter Pan and Tinkerbell are in it. And I'm disappointed there isn't going to be dancing hippos and dancing gators in the parade. Oh well, my wish list is no guarantee anyway. Can't win them all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom