Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening reports and using Boarding Groups at Disneyland

NateD1226

Good luck to anyone trying to ride it today. I am worried that with it being a holiday, the extreme amount of downtime yesterday, and half of the effects still not working is going to lead to today being a rough day.

flutas

From what I could tell by sitting on my couch in Florida, normal groups went in about 30 seconds and the backups were filled by 8:01.

For comparison, the backups in WDW today were gone at 8:40, 7am open.

About 17 seconds according to my monitoring. Backup groups were gone in 44 seconds after opening.

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 8.47.53 AM.png

Interestingly enough a test queue showed up this morning as well with the title "BP Test Queue - DO NOT USE." So maybe they are testing some changes to the general flow for it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
About 17 seconds according to my monitoring. Backup groups were gone in 44 seconds after opening.

View attachment 442493

Interestingly enough a test queue showed up this morning as well with the title "BP Test Queue - DO NOT USE." So maybe they are testing some changes to the general flow for it.

Are you poling the api the app uses or monitoring elements in the app?

DrAlice

This is what we are dealing with, a battle of whos phone is fastest..

Ugh. As someone with a relatively slow smart phone ("average intelligence phone"), this makes me a bit cranky. I'm hoping this calms down a bit before we get there in July. Otherwise, I'll have a disappointed 8 year old to deal with. I'll start prepping her for disappointment now, I guess.

Phroobar

I'm guessing things will settle down by June if not March. The AP crowd will have already figured out a way to see it and the virtual fast pass will be gone. It happen that way for Target Run and Pixar Pier.

shambolicdefending

I'm hoping this calms down a bit before we get there in July. Otherwise, I'll have a disappointed 8 year old to deal with.
I think this is ROTR's biggest long-term issue. They cannot afford for significant numbers of non-AP guests to sink all the effort and expense into a trip, only to go home without having experienced their new flagship attraction. If days like yesterday end up being common for more than a month or so, they're going to have a real mess on their hands.
I'm guessing things will settle down by June if not March. The AP crowd will have already figured out a way to see it and the virtual fast pass will be gone. It happen that way for Target Run and Pixar Pier.
I think you're right that the rush will drop significantly 3-6 months out. But, I'm not sold that this virtual queue is a temporary thing. I'm not sure we'll ever see it go away, and I definitely don't see it going away until the ride becomes much more reliable. As much as they can't afford to have paid guests walking away without a chance to experience it, compounding that issue with the risk of hours of wasted time in a physical queue is an even worse scenario.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom