News MuppetVision 3D closing for refurbishment later this month

Patcheslee

I'm wondering if the new seats will be smaller/ different configuration so they can up the capacity for each show. Obviously don't know what the fire code capacity is set at, but given the demand for park capacity in general it seems a cheaper option.

MadTeacup

That’s my concern as well. I wonder if the “new curtains” will allow a different show to perform?

The show was in great shape during my New Years trip. Several fog effects were working that I haven’t seen working in a while. AA’s were in great shape as well.
All the fog effects (including the blast of air on the curtain when Waldo says, "Let's burn rubber!") were discontinued during the construction of Galaxy's Edge. The LN2 Tank that holds the gas to create the smoke effects was located within a construction zone and could not be serviced and refilled during construction. THEN when they finally cleared the construction and filled the tank, someone had the bright idea to simply switch the system back on. After almost 2 years of sitting unused, the system did not respond kindly to being re-activated without prepping and cleaning the valves and pipes. Thankfully, they seem to have worked out the bugs and the show has been looking it's best in quite some time.
The Curtains are specific to Muppet*Vision. They're doing nothing more than replacing the worn-out fabric and it won't help facilitate any kind of show swap. The seats are likely past their intended lifespan since it sounds like they are doing more than simply replacing the cushions. I know that Mermaid has been having trouble getting replacement parts for their seats lately. There is a portion of the back row at Mermaid where the seats have been replaced with temporary benches. Perhaps Muppet*Vision is having similar troubles? I understand why everyone freaks out when Disney touches the Muppets area, but Muppet*Vision is safe for the time being.

esskay

The more I think about it the more it makes perfect sense to keep muppets around. With SWGE and TS the park is obviously bringing in a ton of cash, way more than ~5 years ago where it was turning into a ~3 to 4 hour park. That in turn must help make it easier to justify some decent maintenance on a ride that would otherwise close and be an empty box for a few years.

N2dru

The more I think about it the more it makes perfect sense to keep muppets around. With SWGE and TS the park is obviously bringing in a ton of cash, way more than ~5 years ago where it was turning into a ~3 to 4 hour park. That in turn must help make it easier to justify some decent maintenance on a ride that would otherwise close and be an empty box for a few years.
I agree...the Muppets still have a fanbase so updating their only attraction is a good call. Disappointing the Muppets show at the MK was canceled then brought back sporadically. It was a great boost for Liberty Square.

TrainsOfDisney

Hopefully they fixed Statler and Waldorf they looked the worst when I saw it on the 26th.

How so? I saw the show around that time and they looked good I thought. I was even paying a lot of attention to them and the penguins and noticing how S&W react to so many things happening in the show.

Cmdr_Crimson

How so? I saw the show around that time and they looked good I thought. I was even paying a lot of attention to them and the penguins and noticing how S&W react to so many things happening in the show.
Waldorf looked broken as his head was looking downward most of the show and not at the screen and his movements were clunky.

MadTeacup

Muppets reopened today. Unfortunately no new seats, and missing bubble and fog effects.
It was definitely my misunderstanding that when they stated they were replacing the seats they actually meant the cushions. I should know better. They did have every intention of reupholstering the seats, but the fabric arrived late. They still intend to finish the project, but they'll have to do the seats overnight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom