McDonald's near to Disney All Star Resort to close for remodel

dmdrewitt

To any readers visiting WDW the moment, I would to see current photos if it isnt too much trouble please?

We are visiting March to April 2020, so I hope it will be open by our visit.

Thank you,

dmdrewitt

Why would you want to go to that McDonald's? that one in particular has extremely jacked up prices being in WDW.

Yes, for several reasons. Its brand new, so would love to visit when its literally brand new.

Location. If we stay onsite, then the Crossroads McDonalds takes us East every time for a quick snack or breakfast. If we were going to DAK or Blizzard Beach, then a few extra $ is worth it to save extra journey time.

But I do agree, its more expensive than a normal McDonalds.

PopCentury

To any readers visiting WDW the moment, I would to see current photos if it isnt too much trouble please?

We are visiting March to April 2020, so I hope it will be open by our visit.

Thank you,

I was in Disney last week and I saw it. It looks like a massive update. It looked like they took everything out and only the shell of the building was left. I don't have any pictures.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

bpiper

Thank you for the link. I was hoping to visit end of March / April but I don't think it will be open by then looking at the current state of construction.
We were down in early December. It was pretty much in the state as shown in these pictures. Looks like they took a long Christmas break :)

yensid67

McDonald's should got back to its roots and make it a walk up window ordering with indoor and covered outdoor patio seating. The building would be just a square BOX to house all what is needed, the rood would have 2 Arches on either side going from front to back(look up old pics of McDonald's) The prices of 'yesterday' wouldn't hurt either!

BromBones

McDonald's should got back to its roots and make it a walk up window ordering with indoor and covered outdoor patio seating. The building would be just a square BOX to house all what is needed, the rood would have 2 Arches on either side going from front to back(look up old pics of McDonald's) The prices of 'yesterday' wouldn't hurt either!

I wouldn't mind if they did the "prices of yesterday" even for a short window once a month or once a year.
And go back to the "Menu of yesterday" just burgers, fries and shakes. Keep the menu simple with simple prices for a specific time.

allgiggles

They need to construct a building with the original style golden arches otherwise...it's not McDonald's.

About 15 years ago they built a retro McDonald's -- red and white tile exterior, arches on the sides/roof of the building, etc. -- about an hour away from where I live. And 5 years ago they "updated" it and completely remodeled the inside to the more modern look and painted the entire outside a brown/tan/white color scheme. The arches are still there but they're painted to blend in with things now. :(

DBF John

They need to construct a building with the original style golden arches otherwise...it's not McDonald's.

Here's a Retro rebuild they did near my house sometime ago.

Attachments

• McDs.jpg
    McDs.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 91

DISR

I wouldn't mind if they did the "prices of yesterday" even for a short window once a month or once a year.
And go back to the "Menu of yesterday" just burgers, fries and shakes. Keep the menu simple with simple prices for a specific time.
Walt was kind of a futurist, therefore McDonalds will use the prices of tomorrow at its Disney property:)

Club Cooloholic

Really like the old style McD's hate the "modern version"
I agree, the seating is ridiculous now. We have some "lounge" seating, but it doesn't work as both the chairs and the coffee table are bolted to the floor, so there is no way you could really sit and eat at them comfortably. And while I like he computer because I can customize easily how I want the burger made, I never know if they will actually deliver the food to the table, it's like sometimes they do other times they just yell out for you to pick it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom