Animal Kingdom Pre-Rainforest Cafe

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Never understood the need for two locations on property! Dont get me started on the the tacky gift shop and that scary talking tree.
The same reason that there are 3 Applebee's, 2 Chili's, and 3 Golden Corral's and around a dozen McDonald's in the little town of Kissimmee...there is enough business to support multiple locations.

Raineman

Ate there once, and what I ordered tasted good, good quality, good service, no issues there. However, when you have a restaurant on WDW property that includes animatronics in it's theming, and they're not anywhere near the quality of the Disney-created AAs you would see in the parks, it's a bit disappointing in that regard. Other than that, no complaints from me.

NiarrNDisney

The same reason that there are 3 Applebee's, 2 Chili's, and 3 Golden Corral's and around a dozen McDonald's in the little town of Kissimmee...there is enough business to support multiple locations.
Maybe so! Though I may not be the majority I'm sure many would agree they would rather see a different restaurant company and or concept at the entrance of DAK.

ObscurityPoint

Original Poster
Bigger than Downtown Disney in Anaheim? The one in Anaheim is crazy huge, just mammoth in size.

I've walked in the AK Rainforest on 2 occasion but walked out both times without ordering and I don't remember it being noticeably huge.
If I recall right, the anaheim RFC had little to no animals or animatronics, but you are right on it being one of the biggest locations. I’m gonna miss that temple structure ngl.

AugieMorosco

I never get the hate for this place. It’s honestly low key a tradition for me to take first timers of WDW to the one at AK. If fits the atmosphere of the park so we’ll and it’s so fun! We ALWAYS end with a DEEEEEELICIOUS volcano cake.

heck, during my college program, I gained pounds here for consistently coming to get more volcano cake.

my main go to is the spicy pasta. The only food on WDW property that has a really good spicy kick to it.

For me, it's the impression I had long before I'd made my first WDW trip. We have a Rainforest Cafe in a crappy local outlet mall. The location paired with the crowd it attracts make the whole concept quite unappealing.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Pretty sure the one in Galveston Texas is the biggest one in that it comes with its own dark ride.

That's neat. I think they must mean specifically the restaurant itself. Because they always mention to me that it's the largest restaurant from the chain every time I visit!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Bigger than Downtown Disney in Anaheim? The one in Anaheim is crazy huge, just mammoth in size.

I've walked in the AK Rainforest on 2 occasion but walked out both times without ordering and I don't remember it being noticeably huge.
Unless the servers constantly lie to me when I walk in the door..

Victor Kelly

Portions were too big?? What an odd complaint. If you’re given more than you can eat, then just don’t eat it all. I have never been served a portion I consider too big.
I have had a dwindling appetite for the better part of a decade but in 2010 I had a very good appetite. Just too much food even then. Its not really a complaint. If POP had microwaves I would have taken the food back to the room. I'd rather have smaller portions with the reduction of price. As it is I paid full price for only eating half of the food.

Remember, your opinion is based upon what you eat, not what I eat.

disney4life2008

I used to love rainforest Cafe at Disney Springs. But I have since vowed never to return. A burger and fries is $20, no thanks! I actually like the ambiance it's a fun thing for lunch on the first day or a free day.

As far as animal kingdom. At one point, it was struggling no one went. They used to go as far as begging people with signage and having cast stand outside directing them to rainforest.

disney4life2008

Found this on Parkeology's site....Wonder if the Waterfalls are still working...
rainforest_1998.jpg

When animal kingdom was empty on every level. I could spend the entire day here. It would be so relaxing in a rainstorm you would hear the trees screeching.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom