Wilderness Lodge vs. Boardwalk

epcotisbest

Hidden Springs Pool:

4A4A4790-63F3-4D26-9C74-390B3A9C55C5.jpeg
EB0BA788-78F5-4BF7-ABF1-5F91F2B3518F.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Why is that?
Yeah, I found that confusing too. Nature fireworks view would be included in the rooms that were in the category never. I was not trying to argue with the good captain there, but have seen crazy prices like that at WL before, and figured there would be more included in the time period between now and never.

Definition of never

1: not ever : at no time
2: not in any degree : not under any condition
Fair enough, I was overly broad in my use of the word never. But some resorts have view categories with no real analogue at other resorts. I would say Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge are comparable in price, for example, because rack rate standard view rooms are a similar price. I don't think it's useful to compare AKL Arusha savanna view to Wilderness Lodge courtyard view because they're completely different animals (pun intended).

epcotisbest

So what are your feelings on the new one? I have to admit the old one appears to have a lot more shade and trees

I hate, hate, hate the new one. Oh, it is nice, and if you never saw or used the old Hidden Springs Pool, you might even rate the new one as great. The new one is a nice pool, but sometimes bigger is not better.
Kinda like Mission Space is where Horizons used to be. It is bigger, fancier, more modern, more futuristic, but in no way better.
Hidden Springs was a quiet oasis seemingly world's away for the hustle and bustle of the theme parks. It was small, very shaded, and yes, it was actually a quiet pool, as most folks used the main WL pool. Now the new pool brings a lot of people over from the main pool. It might even be considered the main pool two.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

I hate, hate, hate the new one. Oh, it is nice, and if you never saw or used the old Hidden Springs Pool, you might even rate the new one as great. The new one is a nice pool, but sometimes bigger is not better.
Kinda like Mission Space is where Horizons used to be. It is bigger, fancier, more modern, more futuristic, but in no way better.
Hidden Springs was a quiet oasis seemingly world's away for the hustle and bustle of the theme parks. It was small, very shaded, and yes, it was actually a quiet pool, as most folks used the main WL pool. Now the new pool brings a lot of people over from the main pool. It might even be considered the main pool two.
I get it, hotel guests going to the Dvc pool(I just joined DVC last year so I can see that being a bit annoying

Last edited:

epcotisbest

I get it, hotel guests going to the Dvc pool(I just joined DVC last year so I can see that being a bit annoying

No, it was always open to everyone at WL, just designated as the quiet pool that happened to be in front of the DVC villas.
Now, over at BLT, that pool is designated for only BLT guests, not everyone at the Contemporary, but BLT guests can still use Contemporary pools.

correcaminos

Did you ever go to WL before they took out the old quiet pool and replaced it with the big new one? That was my favorite spot in all of WDW. We used to go there early in the mornings while everyone else was headed to the parks. What a nice spot to relax.
Yes and I like the new one more. Sorry

DISR

I know that Wilderness has the boat to MK and I know that Boardwalk has the boats to Epcot and HS as well as the easy gondola access at Epcots entrance, I know you can see the fireworks from MK at the Wilderness and I know you can see Epcots and HS fireworks from the boardwalk, besides that, which hotel would you stay at and why? Thx for your opinions
The factors you sited for your decision are really subjective. WL is the hands-down theming decision...BW is not even close. I've found the boat to MK from there to be very convenient and relaxing. For all of the BW resorts, I've found that walking is the better way to get to DHS and EP. The boats frustrate me with the wait times, slow speed, and multiple stops. During peak times the boats sometimes reach capacity and you have to wait for the next one. As some folks have stated above, walking is not a good option for everyone, so they only use the boats. Personally I rotate between the resorts and make the decision for different reasons...I weight theming on one trip as more important, and then go with location for the next trip. If I was visiting Disney one time, I would probably stay at WL. The feeling you get when you drive up to the entrance and walk into the stunning lobby will be a part of your Disney memories for a long time.

surfsupdon

The Wilderness Lodge is isolated and a stand alone. Sure it's pretty.
Boardwalk is connected to four other resorts by footpath, and has entertainment and things to do all evening and night long. When parks close early, you have plenty of activity right outside.

Easy choice--BoardWalk wins every time.

Dave B

Original Poster
I appreciate everyone's input, we decided on Wilderness Lodge, and then this morning some great deals came up for Port Orleans, so we booked that one as well and are trying to decide between Wilderness and Port Orleans

epcotisbest

I appreciate everyone's input, we decided on Wilderness Lodge, and then this morning some great deals came up for Port Orleans, so we booked that one as well and are trying to decide between Wilderness and Port Orleans

Well, that is easy. Unless it is a massive amount of savings, I mean massive, I would stick with WL as the themeing is so much better. Which PO, FQ or Riverside?
And don't get me wrong, if you have never stayed at either of the PO resorts, they are worth a stay as well. We especially like the boat ride over to DS.

epcotisbest

Yes and I like the new one more. Sorry

I understand that. The new pool is a great pool, I am just comparing it to what used to be my favorite place ever and am still bitter about losing Hidden Springs Pool. Had I have never been to Hidden Springs (multiple times over many years) I might think the new pool there would rank right up there among my favorites instead of hating it with a passion because of what it replaced.

Dave B

Original Poster
T
Well, that is easy. Unless it is a massive amount of savings, I mean massive, I would stick with WL as the themeing is so much better. Which PO, FQ or Riverside?
And don't get me wrong, if you have never stayed at either of the PO resorts, they are worth a stay as well. We especially like the boat ride over to DS.
he savings would allow us to get the dining promo and the 25% promo and have two rooms at Port Orleans, giving the adults one room and the two teens there own

Club Cooloholic

T

he savings would allow us to get the dining promo and the 25% promo and have two rooms at Port Orleans, giving the adults one room and the two teens there own
I thought mods get QS for free dining? But in any case, Port Orleans with the extra room would be my move, unless you really want to try WL, you only live once.

correcaminos

I understand that. The new pool is a great pool, I am just comparing it to what used to be my favorite place ever and am still bitter about losing Hidden Springs Pool. Had I have never been to Hidden Springs (multiple times over many years) I might think the new pool there would rank right up there among my favorites instead of hating it with a passion because of what it replaced.
I didn't love the old due to layout and lack of sun (I like a good mix of both) It seemed so drab to me. I know how it is to lose something you love though. And while we can agree to disagree on this, I do feel for you. There are a few things I'm slightly bitter about myself lol

correcaminos

To me there is no contest. Doesn't even matter which PO, WL wins hands down.

I thought mods get QS for free dining? But in any case, Port Orleans with the extra room would be my move, unless you really want to try WL, you only live once.
Last I knew, yes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom