2019 NCAA Football Thread - College Gameday is Live from Mainstreet Train Station!!

Tony Perkis

Clemson looked good early, but as I feared those LSU receivers are just too good.

LSU deserved the win and I’m happy for their coach. He wasn’t everyone’s first choice there and it shows that sometimes us sports fans don’t know what we are talking about, lol
I hate LSU and was rooting for them to lose hard (mostly because I think their fanbase is the trashiest in all of college football), but you can’t deny Burrows. That was the single best season by a college quarterback.....ever.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I’m smart enough to not come to this thread unless I’ve already watched or known the outcome of a game.. but I am regretful that our annual fun thread has attracted some new activity this year, not consistent with the banter of the past.

Guess it was good that it lasted as long as it did. ;)
it happens...especially when some peeps think they’re being cute....these are the types that laugh at their own jokes...don’t let it get to you....and the thread is yours for next year, if you want it. It’s been a while since you had a turn and @Captain Barbossa didn’t seem to want it last season as reigning champ

This was Trevor’s first loss since elementary school, correct?
he lost his last High School game at Cartersville (45 mins north of Atl) when they were upset in an early round of the GHSA Playoffs....

Last edited:

kong1802

it happens...especially when some peeps think they’re being cute....these are the types that laugh at their own jokes...don’t let it get to you....and the thread is yours for next year, if you want it. It’s been a while since you had a turn and @captainbarbossa didn’t seem to want it last season as reigning champ

he lost his last High School game at Cartersville (45 mins north of Atl) when they were upset in an early round of the GHSA Playoffs....

Actually heard a pretty cool story on that loss.

I believe it was the Air Force Academy's current quarterback who was the opposing quarterback that game. He said they were like 30 point underdogs to Lawrence's school that day. Was a pretty cool story.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Actually heard a pretty cool story on that loss.

I believe it was the Air Force Academy's current quarterback who was the opposing quarterback that game. He said they were like 30 point underdogs to Lawrence's school that day. Was a pretty cool story.
the only thing I recall was the other team was a private school.....and hence that school could recruit.....

It WAS a major upset down here in Georgia

**Edit*** The loss was to Blessed Trinity

Last edited:

21stamps

it happens...especially when some peeps think they’re being cute....these are the types that laugh at their own jokes...don’t let it get to you....and the thread is yours for next year, if you want it. It’s been a while since you had a turn and @captainbarbossa didn’t seem to want it last season as reigning champ

The stupid SEC won this year. An SEC person should have the rights to the 2020 season. ;).
We’ll see at that time.

Ah, I didn’t know he ever had a loss. Still, 2 in his high school/college career is something amazing.
I hate when College Football ends.. looking forward to next season. Although I do worry about the what the loss of JK Dobbins will mean for my Bucks.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
The stupid SEC won this year. An SEC person should have the rights to the 2020 season. ;).
We’ll see at that time.

Ah, I didn’t know he ever had a loss. Still, 2 in his high school/college career is something amazing.
I hate when College Football ends.. looking forward to next season. Although I do worry about the what the loss of JK Dobbins will mean for my Bucks.
SEC is losing a considerable amount this year as all three top team's QB is leaving:
LSU - Burrow + Joe Brady has announced he is going to the Carolina Panthers
Bama - Tua + Juedy and Ruggs lll
Georgia - Fromm....people should be dancing in the streets.......Do you realize Jacob Eason, Justin Fields, AND AND AND Trevor all left the state? In high school Trevor (Cartersville) played 30 mins away from Justin Fields (Marietta), and Georgia didn't bother to recruit him.....and if that isn't bad enough they kept Fromm over Eason and Fields......not even letting Fields play

Bama seems to reload, but I wouldn't be as sure for Georgia and LSU

Others worth mentioning are Auburn and Florida......

21stamps

Can our NCAA threads go back to normal please? They’ve been so nice for the past few years...maybe next season? ;)

I’ll add the NFL threads to that too.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Can our NCAA threads go back to normal please? They’ve been so nice for the past few years...maybe next season? ;)

I’ll add the NFL threads to that too.
I'll pm the group as the season approaches and hopefully someone will be will to take it....enjoy your off-season and be n the look out for a pm around your A-Day game(or whatever Buck-eyes call it).....

Captain Barbossa

I’m breaking my silence lol.

Tough game and a tough loss. Except for the 1st quarter and half of the 2nd, we played like crap for most of the game. Obviously, this was Trevor’s worst game since arriving at Clemson 2 years ago. There were numerous times last night when I had no clue what planet he was on. I thought our defense played better than expected, and they gave our offense plenty of opportunities to comeback and retake the lead, but they couldn’t stop LSU’s offense at the end. No excuses for our mistakes. Hats off to Coach Orgeron and LSU.

More than anything, I feel bad for our seniors. You always want to send them out the right way. They had the chance to be the winningest senior class in the history of college football, but I’m proud of them no matter what. Very special group of guys.

Also sad to see Jeff Scott leave for USF and that he had to go out this way too. He’s coached and produced the greatest WRs that Clemson and college football has ever seen, which helped establish WRU. Excited for the opportunity that Tyler Grisham has, but we’re going to miss Jeff, and I wish him and his family (Brad’s leaving too) all the best at USF.

Will be interested to see if Etienne and Tee leave early for the draft. Etienne definitely needs to stay to improve his stock, but I believe that Tee would go in the 1st round if he were to declare early. Obviously, I hope that the both of them stay for their final season.

Once again, not how we wanted things to end, but we had another great and historic season, and there’s no denying that. I’m so proud of this team and what we were able to accomplish.

This has been the greatest decade in Clemson football history, but I’m excited for the 2020 season and what lies ahead. Looking forward to the trip to South Bend. Maybe the Catholics might actually be somewhat decent? (Ha, we all know the answer to that)

We’ll be coming back stronger and will be looking to reclaim the title in Hard Rock come January 11th. As Dabo likes to say, the best is yet to come.

Thank y’all for another fun season.

Lilofan

Trevor needs to get out now or possibly end up injured like Tua. Join the XFL, name your price, excel and showboat, then enter the NFL draft as probably the 1st pick in 2 years. It's not that crazy. Injured in college, your dream may come to an end.

kong1802

SEC is losing a considerable amount this year as all three top team's QB is leaving:
LSU - Burrow + Joe Brady has announced he is going to the Carolina Panthers
Bama - Tua + Juedy and Ruggs lll
Georgia - Fromm....people should be dancing in the streets.......Do you realize Jacob Eason, Justin Fields, AND AND AND Trevor all left the state? In high school Trevor (Cartersville) played 30 mins away from Justin Fields (Marietta), and Georgia didn't bother to recruit him.....and if that isn't bad enough they kept Fromm over Eason and Fields......not even letting Fields play

Bama seems to reload, but I wouldn't be as sure for Georgia and LSU

Others worth mentioning are Auburn and Florida......

Alabama will and should be the front runner in the SEC next year.

People here are saying FL will go 11-1, I don't buy it (plus as an FSU fan, I will never buy it)

I think it will be Malzahn's last year at Auburn. I think they under-perform and he gets the ax.

UGA will be ok, I just don't see them advancing enough offensively to win it all.

LSU is losing too much. I see them going 9-3, something like that.

21stamps

Trevor needs to get out now or possibly end up injured like Tua. Join the XFL, name your price, excel and showboat, then enter the NFL draft as probably the 1st pick in 2 years. It's not that crazy. Injured in college, your dream may come to an end.

That’s crazy talk. He just needs to do one more year. He’ll be fine.

21stamps

Not crazy. Smart business move. If he get injured next year at Clemson then what??

I don’t even understand this thinking. He’s an athlete, a college athlete right now. He has one more year before he can declare.

Every day of sports is a risk, even practice.

Sorry, but the XFL thing is too silly to entertain. With any player, not just Trevor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom