Margaritaville Orlando Resort - $750 Million Entertainment Complex

Tonto

What’s the over under on when this thing bankrupts and closes. I say anywhere from 18-36 mos. Is this really providing Orlando with a new or needed experience. Looks like a good local water park. Not something I would be leaving Disney, Universal, or even Seaworld for.
What a waste of resources. A Poor business decision at its best.

Last edited:

imarc

What’s the over under on when this thing bankrupts and closes. I say anywhere from 18-36 mos. Is this really providing Orlando with a new experience. Looks like a good local water park. Not something I would be leaving Disney or Universal for.
What a waste of resources. A Poor business decision at its best.

I think as long as Margaritaville cottages is in active sales, they'll prop it up as a major amenity.

The_Jobu

Has anyone tried the restaurants? Any standouts? I'm considering spending a night there instead of Disney Springs or Citywalk. Then again, Citywalk has a Margaritaville already, should I just stick to that one?

Tony the Tigger

Has anyone tried the restaurants? Any standouts? I'm considering spending a night there instead of Disney Springs or Citywalk. Then again, Citywalk has a Margaritaville already, should I just stick to that one?

haven’t been to the Orlando one yet, but as a chain, the restaurants should be fairly consistent from location to location. My DH trained at one in Oklahoma to work in South Florida.

Margaritaville restaurant itself is mostly good. I like the jambalaya.

The high end restaurant we thought was very good and worth the price, comparable to a WDW signature. Down here it’s called JWB.

imarc

I loved Bongo's. I'm curious as to how the new Estefan Kitchen compares in food and atmosphere.

Disneyhead'71

The hotel is a 4 star and is nice without being pretentious. There is no "Margaritaville" branded restaurant here. Their main table service restaurant is called Euphoria. They have thing like Lobster Bisque with Corn Fritters, Grilled Ciroc Porterhouse Pork Chop, Ancho Chili Rubbed Rib-eye. It is quite nice, but in typical Jimmy Buffet fashion, very relaxed.

Sunset Walk has a nice selection of restaurants. Some upper lever fast food like Chipotle and BurgerFi, a solid Japanese/Sushi place called Bento, a table service burger joint called Ford's Garage, Capone's Coal Fired Pizza, a Irish/British Pub, a Tequila/Taco place and more.

It is a nice collection of less expensive food options to have just off property. When that secret gets out it will do gang busters.

Tonto

The hotel is a 4 star and is nice without being pretentious. There is no "Margaritaville" branded restaurant here. Their main table service restaurant is called Euphoria. They have thing like Lobster Bisque with Corn Fritters, Grilled Ciroc Porterhouse Pork Chop, Ancho Chili Rubbed Rib-eye. It is quite nice, but in typical Jimmy Buffet fashion, very relaxed.

Sunset Walk has a nice selection of restaurants. Some upper lever fast food like Chipotle and BurgerFi, a solid Japanese/Sushi place called Bento, a table service burger joint called Ford's Garage, Capone's Coal Fired Pizza, a Irish/British Pub, a Tequila/Taco place and more.

It is a nice collection of less expensive food options to have just off property. When that secret gets out it will do gang busters.
IMO I still don't think there is enough at this park to draw people away for a day from SeaWold, Universal, or Disney. I predict this will go under in the next 2 years.

The_Jobu

IMO I still don't think there is enough at this park to draw people away for a day from SeaWold, Universal, or Disney. I predict this will go under in the next 2 years.

I think the pricepoint is a little high for a new and unproven place. When Sapphire Falls opened I booked for a great price and now its my favourite hotel (although now I'm priced out from returning!). For my upcoming trip, I was excited to stay here, I dont care about waterparks it just looked like a cool relaxing place with unique restaurants around but it was already out of my price range and I booked a Cabana Bay suite instead.

Lilofan

If it goes under, Jimmy's for at least 20 more resorts still operating.

Tonto

If it goes under, Jimmy's for at least 20 more resorts still operating.
I think it's a great resort. Just a tough location and lots of competition, especially if there is really no differentiator in their resort vs whats in Orlando already.

Disneyhead'71

I think the pricepoint is a little high for a new and unproven place. When Sapphire Falls opened I booked for a great price and now its my favourite hotel (although now I'm priced out from returning!). For my upcoming trip, I was excited to stay here, I dont care about waterparks it just looked like a cool relaxing place with unique restaurants around but it was already out of my price range and I booked a Cabana Bay suite instead.
I think the resort has a lot to offer, particularly with Sunset Walk and the water park. But I agree that the price of the rooms is pretty high. After they build up a clientele base they may get away with it. Until then I foresee a lot of priceline rooms in the future.

It's a nice place, but they will have to come down on price for a while at least.

Ragerunner

Original Poster
We have heard Island H2O will reopen on Memorial Day weekend. We have also seen an increase in staff activity at the park this week.
D0928075-07A2-4B95-815B-62EF7870057F.jpeg

celluloid

I don't think the place is going to make it. Sunsetwalk is nice but nothing stand out in my opinion. It is a mix of the outlet mall candy stores with your typical large arcade and novelty souvnier stores.
This crisis I am sure hurt what already was not taking off and the time share was supposed to really help the place. That has ecnomoically changed a lot I am sure.
The waterpark is very seasonal for a Florida Waterpark. Besides Summer and Holiday week rushes it is typically a weekend only place.

Maybe it will even more so if they can offer cheaper resort amenities than the parks can but still being more upscale than 192.

Ragerunner

Original Poster
I don't think the place is going to make it. Sunsetwalk is nice but nothing stand out in my opinion. It is a mix of the outlet mall candy stores with your typical large arcade and novelty souvnier stores.
This crisis I am sure hurt what already was not taking off and the time share was supposed to really help the place. That has ecnomoically changed a lot I am sure.
The waterpark is very seasonal for a Florida Waterpark. Besides Summer and Holiday week rushes it is typically a weekend only place.

Maybe it will even more so if they can offer cheaper resort amenities than the parks can but still being more upscale than 192.

I think this Waterpark would be a great buy by Six Flags. Add another slide tower and a coaster and they could get a foot in the Orlando market without much cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom