2019 NCAA Football Thread - College Gameday is Live from Mainstreet Train Station!!

21stamps

I haven’t really given my 2 cents on Justyn’s catch, but I understand why they reversed the call. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that I’m a Clemson fan. As the “rules expert” said, in order for the play to be ruled as a catch, not only does the receiver have to maintain the ball, but he has to perform a “football move” as well. (In this case, turn up field) Justyn did not perform any type of “football move”, so therefore the catch was not completed. However, I will admit that the term “football move” is somewhat unclear. (There are some aspects of it that I don’t completely understand.)

I'm curious how the play review process works. A play under review in the case of the reversed touch down of Ohio. Is it one individual that reviews the play or a group who come to a play decision?

To reverse a call there has to be clear evidence that the call on the field was wrong- this is the official rule. That specific video has been broken down numerous times, there was not enough evidence to reverse the call. He took 3 steps while holding onto the ball, it was not moving.

The incomplete pass called on OSU earlier in the game was legit, when it first looked like a touchdown. The video showed that the OSU player did not have possession. The ball was moving the entire time.
That possession or lack of looked very different from this so called incomplete pass.

Look, the Buckeyes shouldn’t have let the game be that close to need that recovery TD.. but at the same time, it was the wrong call.. both can be true.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
For the "Expansion to 8 Teams" peeps. Anyone want to speculate on what 8 teams would have made it this year? 1-4 is obvious, but the next 5-8?

kong1802

Any predictions for the game Monday?

I just don't see Clemson slowing down that offense. Those receivers for LSU are too fast.

I see it as a good back and forth, with LSU having the ball last and winning it, probably something like 35-31

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Any predictions for the game Monday?

I just don't see Clemson slowing down that offense. Those receivers for LSU are too fast.

I see it as a good back and forth, with LSU having the ball last and winning it, probably something like 35-31
I would have agreed with you....until I sat in Levi's Stadium (the tickets made it down below $200) and watched Clemson's defense slap the greatest offense i thought I'd ever seen. While I understand 4 of Clemson's d-line went pro, I see no reason to think Brent Venables won't be able to study film, especially Bama's 2nd half, to craft a plan to slow Burrow and his offense. Conversely, I see NO WAY LSU's porous defense will consistently stop twig boy and his receivers.

I think we'll see another blowout. If the game is close, I will give LSU a chance. But again, I see another blowout by Clemson.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
By the way my peeps....the cheapest ticket is down to $824 before fees....with well over 200 tickets available for under $910. In Section 633 the ENTIRE ROWS of 19, 20, and 21 are for sale for $908 each seat. 634 has the entire rows of 19 and 20 for the same price......

I would consider going if they drop below $300.

***edit** Sec 634 Row 20 is down to $670 now......not going to drop enough, at least nit soon enough for us to grab a pair and head over (from ATL)

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Good game a couple weeks ago against OSU. Offense struggled during the 1st quarter, but was able to respond very well and come back. Trevor had himself a heck of a game. I think being knocked out for a play was what he needed. He said that he was p’d off after the hit, and that’s exactly how he played for the rest of the game. Anyways, he had a good night passing and a career night rushing. (107yds) Etienne had a rough night on the ground, but he was able to make up for it with his receiving skills. Defense got off to a sluggish start, but settled down and ended up playing well, especially in the red zone. They did a good job limiting OSU to one score in the 2nd half and forced turnovers when we needed them the most. Overall, I’m very proud of how our guys fought back and didn’t give up. Good game and a good win.

One more game tomorrow night. Should be a good one in Nola. Coach Orgeron will have his team fired up as always, but we’ll be just as fired up too. Hopefully, Trevor and the offense can get off to a fast start, and Etienne can get the running game established quickly. This will be a homecoming game for him, and I know he’d love to tear it up out there. Hopefully, defense can shutdown Burrow and the LSU offense and can force some turnovers. It’s going to be a tough challenge, but I know we can do it. The last time we played in Nola is still fresh on our minds, and we don’t want it to happen again. We’ve got an opportunity to accomplish our 5th and final goal, which is to win the closer. Just need to stay focused and take care of business.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Good game a couple weeks ago against OSU. Offense struggled during the 1st quarter, but was able to respond very well and come back. Trevor had himself a heck of a game. I think being knocked out for a play was what he needed. He said that he was p’d off after the hit, and that’s exactly how he played for the rest of the game. Anyways, he had a good night passing and a career night rushing. (107yds) Etienne had a rough night on the ground, but he was able to make up for it with his receiving skills. Defense got off to a sluggish start, but settled down and ended up playing well, especially in the red zone. They did a good job limiting OSU to one score in the 2nd half and forced turnovers when we needed them the most. Overall, I’m very proud of how our guys fought back and didn’t give up. Good game and a good win.

One more game tomorrow night. Should be a good one in Nola. Coach Orgeron will have his team fired up as always, but we’ll be just as fired up too. Hopefully, Trevor and the offense can get off to a fast start, and Etienne can get the running game established quickly. This will be a homecoming game for him, and I know he’d love to tear it up out there. Hopefully, defense can shutdown Burrow and the LSU offense and can force some turnovers. It’s going to be a tough challenge, but I know we can do it. The last time we played in Nola is still fresh on our minds, and we don’t want it to happen again. We’ve got an opportunity to accomplish our 5th and final goal, which is to win the closer. Just need to stay focused and take care of business.
I expect you'll be having a great night.......and bring home your 3rd in 4 years.

You know I'm partial to the SEC, but you're also aware I love Southern Football......

ACC and SEC rule nowadays.....

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Wow....Clemson in Orange!! The team in white has won every Final to this point......doubt it will matter

My guess is Clemson wins by 10+....LSU defense is suspect and will be difference

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I'm a SEC man but I think LSU has little chance...Clemson is REALLY getting dissed this year....

Last edited by a moderator:

Paper straw fan

A little shocked Clemson has dominated so far- assumes they’d be in this- but perhaps that’s the likely large coaching advantage given what seems like a month to prepare

21stamps

I have to go to sleep. :(
Hopefully I can watch the rest tomorrow morning.

I don’t have a prediction right now. Clemson’s touchdown may have been the turning point.. I’m just not sold enough to bet on it.

kong1802

Clemson looked good early, but as I feared those LSU receivers are just too good.

LSU deserved the win and I’m happy for their coach. He wasn’t everyone’s first choice there and it shows that sometimes us sports fans don’t know what we are talking about, lol

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
While I couldn't have been more wrong in my thoughts/prediction, I am glad to see the SEC is back on top.

This is the 2nd year in a row the 2 best teams made it to the Final, with the winner CLEARLY being the best team. Clemson should easily be back and in the hunt next year, but the same disdain Alabama experiences will be present, as Clemson is now made it to the realm of Dynasties, and that brings the haters.

LSU has proved a few things:
- Any real program can have a great season and make the run to the Title
- The Transfer Portal has changed the Game ..... Burrow, Fields, and now Georgia have benefited

Congrats to LSU as they really proved to be the best team

21stamps

LSU won the game 42-25. Oops <spoiler>
I’m smart enough to not come to this thread unless I’ve already watched or known the outcome of a game.. but I am regretful that our annual fun thread has attracted some new activity this year, not consistent with the banter of the past.

Guess it was good that it lasted as long as it did. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom