Tusker House PPO

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Eh??? I wasn’t being critical in any way, I was trying to help. And I have never posted on the politics forum.

It can help on the Safari. It would kind of depend on how long you stay at TH for; a lot of people not going for Pandora go straight to the Safari, others head there after riding Pandora. So if the Safari opens at 9am, getting there at 9:45/10am may still put you in a long-ish queue.

But you know, keep attacking everyone, regardless of whether they were genuinely trying to help or not. I’ll make sure to avoid answering your questions here or elsewhere.
Was talking to clubcool guy

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Was talking to clubcool guy
Eh??? I wasn’t being critical in any way, I was trying to help. And I have never posted on the politics forum.

It can help on the Safari. It would kind of depend on how long you stay at TH for; a lot of people not going for Pandora go straight to the Safari, others head there after riding Pandora. So if the Safari opens at 9am, getting there at 9:45/10am may still put you in a long-ish queue.
I do appreciate the advice. Modifying this morning has 2@8:05, 4@8:25 and 4@8:45. If between now and March 24 I find a res for 3 in the 8:15 range problem solved. Thanks again!

Club Cooloholic

I do appreciate the advice. Modifying this morning has 2@8:05, 4@8:25 and 4@8:45. If between now and March 24 I find a res for 3 in the 8:15 range problem solved. Thanks again!
You are trying to eat with your family as is everyone else. There could be a couple or mother and son that would love that time slot you are planning to dump if you can't get anything better. By your reaction and defensiveness I can see you know your being self centered and that's cool, just dont get mad when others can see it, and dont tell me where I can post or not, that post is kinda creepy. I give plenty of advice in all sections of this site, I wonder if you ever have, or do you simply see this as a planning resource (it's a forum btw)?

Hockey89

You are trying to eat with your family as is everyone else. There could be a couple or mother and son that would love that time slot you are planning to dump if you can't get anything better. By your reaction and defensiveness I can see you know your being self centered and that's cool, just dont get mad when others can see it, and dont tell me where I can post or not, that post is kinda creepy. I give plenty of advice in all sections of this site, I wonder if you ever have, or do you simply see this as a planning resource (it's a forum btw)?
Well that’s pretty much sums it up.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
When I walk into that place to eat I will have only the reservations I need, no more, no less. Yes I looked to see how both of you chuckleheads respond to others posts and I see very little advice if any. I have tried to use this forum In the past but usually encounter a$&es like you. I will go back to my usual haunts. Hopefully you never modify a fastpass in the future for the sad mother and child who want to ride a ride.

Club Cooloholic

Yup. I talked on a forum and wanted to understand how all the aspects of rider swap work. Never did anything of the sort, never had to. I went where they showed how you don’t need to game the system, just understand it. Here all you get is hostility and questions Unrelated to what you even want to know.
Quite frankly I wasn't trying to be hostile at all when I asked why you would want to put so much effort into eating at a place, that obviously could not accommodate your group at this time. I am offering advice, try to relax a little bit. I am speaking from personal experience that I have found it better to just go with the flow more instead of fighting the current, you set yourself up for disappointment when a "plan" you have doesn't work out. Sorry if I was coming off hostile. I hope you get the ressie and my advice and this will probably work, right after 90 day mark, the 30 mark and the 24 hour mark call them up and see if they had cancellations.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Last thing I’ll say. When I respond to folks with questions elsewhere which I do frequently I read the question and answer what they ask. I always get the same response here. What do you think you’re doing, how dare you, etc? I have my answer to what I wanted to know and I will explain for someone else who in the future has a large group that would like to eat together. Don’t stop trying for what works for you. You’ve paid a fortune to be there and it’s up to you to make it work. Take time out of every morning to see if something has come open, don’t bother calling because they can’t do anything more than you can. If you have 9 people like I have. Split the res up in groups that are bookable until you are within 15 minutes of each other. The larger the better. So when you have it in the bigger groups you can quickly cancel and modify the group as a larger group at the same time. It may not let you convert one group of 5 and one group of 4 into a group of 9 but that’s okay, you won’t sit at the same table which is no biggie. The touring plan res finder is a great tool but you can only search for two meals at a time. With space 220 possibly adding reservations for March I’m leaving that one in place. I am currently holding 10 spots for 9 people. They don’t really accommodate single person reservations anyway so no one is being deprived of anything. It’s not self centered to plan a vacation. If someone says you’re going to fail, they simply lack imagination, I think Mr. Cricket Sang a song about that once.

Club Cooloholic

Last thing I’ll say. When I respond to folks with questions elsewhere which I do frequently I read the question and answer what they ask. I always get the same response here. What do you think you’re doing, how dare you, etc? I have my answer to what I wanted to know and I will explain for someone else who in the future has a large group that would like to eat together. Don’t stop trying for what works for you. You’ve paid a fortune to be there and it’s up to you to make it work. Take time out of every morning to see if something has come open, don’t bother calling because they can’t do anything more than you can. If you have 9 people like I have. Split the res up in groups that are bookable until you are within 15 minutes of each other. The larger the better. So when you have it in the bigger groups you can quickly cancel and modify the group as a larger group at the same time. It may not let you convert one group of 5 and one group of 4 into a group of 9 but that’s okay, you won’t sit at the same table which is no biggie. The touring plan res finder is a great tool but you can only search for two meals at a time. With space 220 possibly adding reservations for March I’m leaving that one in place. I am currently holding 10 spots for 9 people. They don’t really accommodate single person reservations anyway so no one is being deprived of anything. It’s not self centered to plan a vacation. If someone says you’re going to fail, they simply lack imagination, I think Mr. Cricket Sang a song about that once.
People may react like this because guests abusing the reservation system is why we now have charges for cancellations. Worst I saw was a couple that always says they have 3 people instead of the 2 they really have because they like a bigger table.

Hcalvert

I am kind of in the same boat. I have a breakfast reservation for BOG at 8:10 and my husband and son have one at 8:00. Not a big deal since we seat ourselves. In March, I have a 15-minute spread between the two reservations at BOG (8:05 and 8:20). At MK, they let in people early for breakfast reservations up to a certain time. I am sure that AK does that too.

One time, I had a last minute addition to our party and could not modify the reservation for 'Ohana dinner to add that extra person due to availability. I ended up waiting until check-in at the desk and letting them know then. They were fine with it. However, it is easier to add one.

Last edited:

Hcalvert

I am going to be at WDW the same time. Spring break is so difficult to get advance reservation after the 100-day mark, but saying that, I was able to snag a reservation for Sci-Fi yesterday and the previously-mentioned BOG breakfasts last week.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
People may react like this because guests abusing the reservation system is why we now have charges for cancellations. Worst I saw was a couple that always says they have 3 people instead of the 2 they really have because they like a bigger table.
Explain how booking a reservation with a dining plan for the number of people eating is out of bounds please? Do you suggest only getting a reservation for the exact number of people traveling with you and if they don’t have it, move on? For example if they don’t have 9 I’m just out of luck. That makes no sense. I could modify the res for two to one now I guess, but if a find another opening for three and add them to my two I’m still paying for the same amount of meals I wanted to in the first place. Again at this time, 68 days out I have reservations for 10 instead of 9.

HouCuseChickie

My biggest concern would be getting in to the park together. With a 40 minute gap, it’s very possible those on the later ADR could be held at the gate. Sometimes they are generous with letting people in and and sometimes they hold you to a 15-20 minute window.

If you can all get in at once, I have had Tusker combine ADR parties. In Dec 2017, we had an ADR for 8 at 4:10 pm and another for 2 at 4:15 pm and they were very accommodating. It meant a slightly longer wait, but that’s fine with us.

Jon81uk

If you can all get in at once, I have had Tusker combine ADR parties. In Dec 2017, we had an ADR for 8 at 4:10 pm and another for 2 at 4:15 pm and they were very accommodating. It meant a slightly longer wait, but that’s fine with us.
And this is where I often think of a lot of questions on this board can be answered with "would this work at my local restaurant". Combining two reservations five minutes apart and being willing to wait for a larger table is reasonable. Trying to combine two reservations half-hour apart isn't something I would expect many places to accept. Adding two people to a group of 4 and being prepared to wait for the larger table, I think that is possible, but once you have waited of course it will be after 9am so any advantage of being up early and in the park is lost.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This thread is a great example of the problem with WDW. Planning, and in this case, gaming the system is basically a necessity. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the OP was the only person working the system like this, the problem is, there are entire sites :cough: DIS :cough: dedicated to figuring out how to work each and every over planning system WDW has in place.

Walking back DVC ressies. FP+ tricks. Dining ressies. All kinds of "tips and tricks" designed to work the system. Now, if you don't take advantage of these things, you are at a disadvantage.

You want to get your panties in a bunch, and be angry with the OP, go ahead. But, it's not really their fault. So many people do things like this, it's more common then not in this demographic. It stinks out loud for a normal person just trying to enjoy WDW, but, Disney has set up this over planned system. If you want to blame anyone, blame TDO.

Club Cooloholic

This thread is a great example of the problem with WDW. Planning, and in this case, gaming the system is basically a necessity. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the OP was the only person working the system like this, the problem is, there are entire sites :cough: DIS :cough: dedicated to figuring out how to work each and every over planning system WDW has in place.

Walking back DVC ressies. FP+ tricks. Dining ressies. All kinds of "tips and tricks" designed to work the system. Now, if you don't take advantage of these things, you are at a disadvantage.

You want to get your panties in a bunch, and be angry with the OP, go ahead. But, it's not really their fault. So many people do things like this, it's more common then not in this demographic. It stinks out loud for a normal person just trying to enjoy WDW, but, Disney has set up this over planned system. If you want to blame anyone, blame TDO.
I think the issue is this poster is a bit of a Troll. He is not some newbie he obviously knows what is possible or not, and while gaming the system is fine pretty much all his posts relate to in some way(fake Florida Residency, skipping morning breakfast ressies just to get in lines early) , sure lots of people do it, but you would be wrong to think you have to do all this to have a good Disney vacation. This is akin to the people that post about not tipping, they know it's not the right thing to do, but like to see there are other cheapos like them(and then get offended when called out for it).

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I think the issue is this poster is a bit of a Troll. He is not some newbies he obviously knows what is possible or not, and while gaming the system is fine pretty much all his posts relate to it some way(fake Florida Residency, skipping morning breakfast ressiesjust to get in lines early) , sure lots of people do it, but you would be wrong to think you have to do all this to have a good Disney vacation. This is akin to the people that post about not tipping, they know it's not the right thing to do, but like to see there are other cheapos like them(and then get offended when called out for it).
I don't think it's the same as not tipping, at all. Gaming a crappy system isn't the same as stealing money from a server. Anyhoo...

Maybe he is a troll, but the general idea behind the post is common enough. How can I break the system to work for ME!

It's funny to see people get mad about it too, because as a group, we (knowledgeable posters here) have a HUGE advantage over the regular guest which we take advantage of every time we go. Some folks just push that advantage further.

edit to add...

I sure said "advantage" a lot.

Club Cooloholic

I don't think it's the same as not tipping, at all. Gaming a crappy system isn't the same as stealing money from a server. Anyhoo...

Maybe he is a troll, but the general idea behind the post is common enough. How can I break the system to work for ME!

It's funny to see people get mad about it too, because as a group, we (knowledgeable posters here) have a HUGE advantage over the regular guest which we take advantage of every time we go. Some folks just push that advantage further.

edit to add...

I sure said "advantage" a lot.
Eventually gaming breaks the system for everyone, then people complain, "why is there such a high cancellation fee?" so it's not getting mad it's just we know who to point a finger at. It is humorous the levels people go through to "plan" a vacation.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Eventually gaming breaks the system for everyone, then people complain, "why is there such a high cancellation fee?" so it's not getting mad it's just we know who to point a finger at. It is humorous the levels people go through to "plan" a vacation.
We are looking at the same issue, but you are seeing a guest problem, I am seeing a policy problem. 🤷‍♂️

Jon81uk

We are looking at the same issue, but you are seeing a guest problem, I am seeing a policy problem. 🤷‍♂️
I don't think trying to combine reservations is a policy issue though. The policy is quite straight-forward make a reservation and show up or pay $10 if you don't give 24hrs notice to cancel.
It is a guest issue in trying to get more reservations than there are available.
If a local restaurant said we can fit you in at 8am and your friend had a 9am reservation would you say the restaurant has a policy problem when you want to both be seated at the same time? I would say either get the right reservation or try a restaurant that has better availability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom