Tusker House PPO

Dsjewell

Original Poster
I have one res for 2 at 8:05 and two separate res for 4 at 8:45. If we all show up at 8:05 will they let us eat together?

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
If they are able they probably would. I’m not local but we eat at Tusker a couple times a year. Their staffing is based upon scheduled reservations and available tables are usually full and then over prettt quickly. They wouldn’t deny you to be rude, it probably wouldn’t happen because they didn’t have the space available. It was popular before the RoL package. Now it seems even busier. I would encourage you to check the app regularly for an opening closer to your time from a cancellation. Again, just based on my experience.

RememberWhen

When is your reservation for? What month? You might find touring plans reservation finder helpful.
And is that 8:05 am? Is it before park opening? Only the people on the 8:05 reservation will be allowed to enter the park early.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
@when tp res finder is how I got all 9 of us before park open. I’ve been running a search for a while. Just wondering how flexible they are with reservations

Dsjewell

Original Poster
I have 9 people , 5 are my wife and kids, the other four are other family. I know they won’t have a table for 9, just trying to either get us all sat down at the same time and possibly eat a bit closer to 8:05 as opposed to 8:45. Not trying to get too complicated. I’m just wondering what others have done in similar situations.

Dad 2 M & M

I feel for the service industry after reading this board
Thanks for the empty calories.....

I remember now why I stopped posting questions on this site.
If your ressies are NOT on the 1st day of your trip, I'd suggest making a stop at Tusker and speaking to the manager. I'm sure they'd try to accommodate, especially with the extra notice....

NYwdwfan

I have one res for 2 at 8:05 and two separate res for 4 at 8:45. If we all show up at 8:05 will they let us eat together?
If you just want to eat together I would think you’d have a better chance of them being able to accommodate the 2 at 8:45 than then other 7 at 8:05. Maybe have the 2 check in and ask to delay being seated until the other tables are available.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
I have 9 family member that will be eating. My wife has a reservation for 4 at 8:45, there is another reservation for 4 under a shared family member at 8:45. So that’s 8. I have a reservation for me and no one at 8:05. I will keep trying to modify up until the day of to add one more guest to the 8:45. Unless by some magic, 7 spots open up somewhere closer to 8:05. I have no intention of being a nightmare to the staff of tusker house. I just figured I might not to be the first person to have ever dealt with the complexities of booking a larger group for a ppo breakfast.

WDW_Emily

Have you tried calling Disney and explaining the situation? Like others have said the problem will be everyone cannot get into the park before opening unless there is a reservation. Also keep looking on the Disney site to modify your reservation. My boyfriend and I had a reservation at Tusker for April 22nd 2020 at 9:30am. We wanted breakfast before park opening (9am) but took it as it was one of the last available. We have since rebooked it for 8:30am and yesterday were able to change that to 8:05am. Openings happen. Not sure how far away your trip is.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
The park currently opens at 9am on March 24th. So I have that part covered. I have time to modify if something comes up. I was just interested in others experience with booking large groups. I appreciate the responces, well some of them. If you haven’t tried, Disney dining has no more ability to modify a reservation than anyone with MDE has. Since you can’t call the restaurant directly and I won’t be in AK before that day, I’ll look to modify if possible. The liners chat mentioned that reservations for 10 are easier to get than nine, so I learned that. Again I appreciate the help, but I have to say people like hockey are the main difference between touring plans and here. A couple of years ago I was given terrible advice on here and choose to ignore it thank goodness. Just FYI, if you do EMM and a dessert party with kiddos on the same day you have a great time!

Club Cooloholic

The park currently opens at 9am on March 24th. So I have that part covered. I have time to modify if something comes up. I was just interested in others experience with booking large groups. I appreciate the responces, well some of them. If you haven’t tried, Disney dining has no more ability to modify a reservation than anyone with MDE has. Since you can’t call the restaurant directly and I won’t be in AK before that day, I’ll look to modify if possible. The liners chat mentioned that reservations for 10 are easier to get than nine, so I learned that. Again I appreciate the help, but I have to say people like hockey are the main difference between touring plans and here. A couple of years ago I was given terrible advice on here and choose to ignore it thank goodness. Just FYI, if you do EMM and a dessert party with kiddos on the same day you have a great time!
If they can't change it, is your plan to go there and eat by yourself for an hour?

Dsjewell

Original Poster
Umm no. Probably modify it down to one and maybe try to Rd fop and pay the penalty. Not without asking them if they can move me to 8:45 the day of. Were you asking because you wanted to know?

Club Cooloholic

Umm no. Probably modify it down to one and maybe try to Rd fop and pay the penalty. Not without asking them if they can move me to 8:45 the day of. Were you asking because you wanted to know?
Yes, because I dont really see why you have that reservation then. It's a restaurant, why waste so much time and effort? Just my opinion.

nickys

Premium Member

This is what I would do:

1) Use the TP Reservation Finder for a group of 6 for around 8:45am.

2) keep trying to modify one of those 8:45 ressies to 6 people.

I don’t know if you will all be able to eat together at one table, because I don’t know the set up. But either of those two options would allow you to all eat at the same time.

I’m assuming you know that a PPO at Tusker House won’t give you any advantage for FoP, in fact it puts you at a disadvantage. In other words, you’re eating here because you want to. That’s something that people often forget; not all PPO breakfasts are created equal anymore. At MK, only BOG gives an advantage for getting ahead of the RD crowd for 7 dwarves or Peter Pan), and at Epcot Garden Grill (for Soarin) and Akershus (for FEA and the m&g) still give an advantage. At DHS, a PPO would give an advantage for Jedi Training, but not for any rides.

Dsjewell

Original Poster
it does give a big advantage for safari. Looking at high crowd levels that day and we are only staying in the park till 2. We have a cabana at the contemporary that afternoon. I find it a bit ironic to be critical of someone wanting to eat with their family at a character meal in Disney world on a Disney trip planning site because it requires effort. Thanks for your advice. You can go back to talking politics on a Disney chat forum now. An 8:25 res for four came up this morning so I’ll just keep modifying.

nickys

Premium Member
it does give a big advantage for safari. Looking at high crowd levels that day and we are only staying in the park till 2. We have a cabana at the contemporary that afternoon. I find it a bit ironic to be critical of someone wanting to eat with their family at a character meal in Disney world on a Disney trip planning site because it requires effort. Thanks for your advice. You can go back to talking politics on a Disney chat forum now. An 8:25 res for four came up this morning so I’ll just keep modifying.

Eh??? I wasn’t being critical in any way, I was trying to help. And I have never posted on the politics forum.

It can help on the Safari. It would kind of depend on how long you stay at TH for; a lot of people not going for Pandora go straight to the Safari, others head there after riding Pandora. So if the Safari opens at 9am, getting there at 9:45/10am may still put you in a long-ish queue.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom