One more reason why we don’t sail with this cruise line...

Lilofan

Hadn’t seen this posted yet but DH and I both said it was exactly why we refuse to sail on this cruise line.
https://binged.it/35KVpse
That video was crazy and media reports that Carnival once it finishes it's voyage will continue cruising with a new set of passengers next week on the damaged ship. There will be a sign and a wall at the damaged area " Pardon our appearance " 😉

lostpro9het

Im curious how much of this is on the port pilot and how much is on the ship’s crew. It seems easy to blame the cruise line but doesn’t the pilot, non cruise line employee, play a role in these situations? I genuinely don't know how that process works.

ChuckElias

Because DCL never gets it wrong 🙄

Nobody ever said that Disney never gets it wrong. That video has been posted before in this forum. We all know that accidents happen to every line. However, it's pretty obvious that Carnival has more than the average number of accidents. As another thread is titled, "The hits just keep coming for Carnival".

Last edited:

ChuckElias

Do you boycott certain automotive dealers if one of their cars has an accident as well?
One? ONE??? ONE of Disney's ships has had a major incident. (Actually, two, I guess, due to the fire on the Magic's funnel in the early days.) Do you really want to compare that to Carnival's record?

Lilofan

One? ONE??? ONE of Disney's ships has had a major incident. (Actually, two, I guess, due to the fire on the Magic's funnel in the early days.) Do you really want to compare that to Carnival's record?

Comparing Carnival to Disney besides safety records is comparing night to day. I don't care for the craziness debauchery of Carnival atmosphere and I prefer the family friendly atmosphere of the Disney ships.

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Do you boycott certain automotive dealers if one of their cars has an accident as well?
Actually, yes. DH was seriously considering getting a Tesla and after reading up on some major safety issues passed and was quite glad he did. In fact, there are quite a number of brands of autos we refuse to own after doin our due diligence by reading safety reports.

NelleBelle

Original Poster
Im curious how much of this is on the port pilot and how much is on the ship’s crew. It seems easy to blame the cruise line but doesn’t the pilot, non cruise line employee, play a role in these situations? I genuinely don't know how that process works.
Never stopped to ponder that side of it. However, I thought I read/watched something where a captain said that a port pilot might guide the ship in but the captain’s hie is always on the line for anything that happens so that’s why they consult with the pilot.
i think what was most crazy in that story was the fact that the ship was going to continue on with the next sailing!:banghead:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Actually, yes. DH was seriously considering getting a Tesla and after reading up on some major safety issues passed and was quite glad he did. In fact, there are quite a number of brands of autos we refuse to own after doin our due diligence by reading safety reports.
I think that @Dead2009 was trying to ask is would you not buy a certain car manufacturers product if there was an accident caused by operator error. You answered that you wouldn't buy a car based on manufacturing deficiencies ( and sensibly so) .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom