Pop Century buses/Skyliner operating schedule?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Last stayed at POP a little over a year ago and plan to stay on my next trip in August.

I'm curious....
Do buses still run to HS and EPCOT on the normal schedule now that the Skyliner is open?

Also is there a set operating schedule for the Skyliner?
I'd hate to expect that I'm going to take the Skyliner to HS to arrive 30 prior to RD only to find that it doesn't start running until 10am that day.

Just trying to gather info so I'm prepared.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hours of operation for the Skyliner vary depending on Epcot and Studios park hours.

Thanks. I did a bit more digging and did find that from CBR the HS and EPCOT lines start running appox 1 hour prior to park opening and 1 hour past park closing.
Its my guess that the POP/AOA to CBR line would likely start 30 minutes before that and end 30 minutes after that.

Dad 2 M & M

Thanks. I did a bit more digging and did find that from CBR the HS and EPCOT lines start running appox 1 hour prior to park opening and 1 hour past park closing.
Its my guess that the POP/AOA to CBR line would likely start 30 minutes before that and end 30 minutes after that.
It also runs until after 11:00 on Tuesday now...or at least it did in early December for the Epcot EMEs. We did notice the busing for MK was not as efficient as in visits past, and tend to share more with AoA than in visits past.

After the Wednesday EME at MK, we waited for quite some time for a bus back to Pop, and watched several arrive at each All-Star (dedicated, not shared) stall, before the first one did for the combined/shared Pop/AoA....

**Edit** By the way, the Skyliner is great and efficient

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Buses should still be on the every 20 minutes rule because if there is an issue withe skyliner they can at least still have the busses...

nickys

Premium Member
In case you hadn’t seen the news, the buses have been reduced to an hourly service between POP, AoA, CBR and Riviera to both Epcot and DHS.

Until the Skyliner opens in the morning, a normal bus service will run. There have been buses running by 5:30am since RotR opened.

Michael Bender

We are staying at POP in February, and Skyliner access was the main reason we chose it. It will be nice not having to walk all the out to buses at EPCOT with 2 sleeping toddlers! But will this have a negative effect in the morning at EPCOT? The Skyliner drops you off miles from Futureworld, if you get there for rope drop you are at a disadvantage.

nickys

Premium Member
We are staying at POP in February, and Skyliner access was the main reason we chose it. It will be nice not having to walk all the out to buses at EPCOT with 2 sleeping toddlers! But will this have a negative effect in the morning at EPCOT? The Skyliner drops you off miles from Futureworld, if you get there for rope drop you are at a disadvantage.

The Touring Plans team have tested rope drop from the IG and the Main Gate at Epcot several times. Even getting all the way round to FEA it was pretty evenly matched. You really aren’t at a disadvantage arriving at the IG.

Marijil

Not a fan of this latest move...changing Epcot and studios buses to hourly at skyliner resorts.. loved having options. They are now going to pack Skyliner when kinks are still there. I understand the business aspect but options are always good. Especially with what they are charging at riviera

nickys

Premium Member
Not a fan of this latest move...changing Epcot and studios buses to hourly at skyliner resorts.. loved having options. They are now going to pack Skyliner when kinks are still there. I understand the business aspect but options are always good. Especially with what they are charging at riviera

This isn’t unexpected. In fact it’s exactly what was said right at the beginning.

Eventually the bus service will be reduced to nil except when bad weather intervenes.

PolynesianPrincess

I personally think only having buses every hour at Skyliner resorts is ridiculous. Many people are scared of heights. So that means they have to plan their schedule around one bus an hour? Every other resort has multiple ways to get to parks. Monorail resorts has boats, monorail and walking. Epcot area resorts have boats and you can walk. yes, you can Uber from the Skyliner resorts but why should guests have to pay for that? We're staying at AO starting tomorrow and I am NOT impressed with this change AT ALL.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
oh-dear-here-we-go-again-14404366.png

DisneyJoe

This isn’t unexpected. In fact it’s exactly what was said right at the beginning.

Eventually the bus service will be reduced to nil except when bad weather intervenes.
Personally I don't ever think it will be reduced to nil due to guests being afraid of heights, I know of at least a dozen families who will never ride the Skyliner but Pop is their favorite resort. I did expect this drop to hourly service and feel it is satisfactory, and Disney will measure and adjust as necessary, taking guest survey/feedback into account.

RememberWhen

Honestly, this has me seriously questioning staying at these resorts. The skyliner is pretty cool. I like it. But I don’t love the idea of replacing the bus as an option. I’m okay with heights, but I have family members who are not (and who have said “no way” will they ride those things). Once an hour busses just means we’ll stay elsewhere. But it’s disappointing.

Chi84

Premium Member
Not everything at Disney is for everyone. I think Disney is well aware that people who are afraid of heights or unwilling to ride the Skyliner will stay at other resorts, and they're okay with it. Others will stay at those resorts because of the ease and convenience of the Skyliner - we chose CBR over POR for an upcoming trip just for that reason. It will all even out in the end. If riding the Skyliner is a dealbreaker, people will just have to adjust and choose a new favorite resort.

wagamama

Not everything at Disney is for everyone. I think Disney is well aware that people who are afraid of heights or unwilling to ride the Skyliner will stay at other resorts, and they're okay with it. Others will stay at those resorts because of the ease and convenience of the Skyliner - we chose CBR over POR for an upcoming trip just for that reason. It will all even out in the end. If riding the Skyliner is a dealbreaker, people will just have to adjust and choose a new favorite resort.
Well said. Plenty of other resorts to choose from with more frequent bus service/no push towards the Skyliner.

RememberWhen

I do agree with you. I’m just disappointed in the choice. We had a night booked at pop coming up this summer but I have to change it due to the change in transportation options. A minor hassle. Oh well.

Chi84

Premium Member
I do agree with you. I’m just disappointed in the choice. We had a night booked at pop coming up this summer but I have to change it due to the change in transportation options. A minor hassle. Oh well.
I’m not crazy about heights either but I had no problem at all with the Skyliner since it’s enclosed and doesn’t go that high up. I’ve heard others say the same. It’s too bad people can’t get a better idea of it before making a decision.

DimpledDevil18

We just booked at Pop for our August trip. The bus situation has us a little concerned, especially since this is the first trip we aren't planning on renting a car. I've watched videos of the Skyliner, but of course its hard to tell before you've experienced it yourselves. Also my Mom will have an ECV this trip which will factor in to transportation, but we loved Pop the last time we stayed there and the price difference between the All Stars wasn't too much when you factored in the Skyliner. We'll just cross our fingers and see how it goes,

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We just booked at Pop for our August trip. The bus situation has us a little concerned, especially since this is the first trip we aren't planning on renting a car. I've watched videos of the Skyliner, but of course its hard to tell before you've experienced it yourselves. Also my Mom will have an ECV this trip which will factor in to transportation, but we loved Pop the last time we stayed there and the price difference between the All Stars wasn't too much when you factored in the Skyliner. We'll just cross our fingers and see how it goes,

Dont be wary of the Skyliner with an ECV. My wife uses one and we collect the resort Christmas pins, so we've been on all the legs this December. It is very convenient, even more so since theres not a two per bus limitation to deal with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom