Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Rich Brownn

Look just because Disney put out Pandora long after anyone cared about the movie its based on doesn't mean they will do it again. Also Avatar was like one of the biggest blockbusters, Zootopia...well..
Worldwide, it was the fourth-highest-grossing film of 2016 (behind Civil War, Rogue One, and Finding Dory),[81] the second-highest-grossing animated film of 2016,[81] the second-highest-grossing Walt Disney Animation Studios film (second-highest overall) of all time in its original release (after Frozen),[78] the second-highest-grossing original film (behind Avatar),[82] the fifth-highest-grossing animated film of all time, and the 30th-highest-grossing film of all time. Deadline Hollywood calculated the net profit of the film to be $294.9 million, when factoring together all expenses and revenues for the film, making it the fifth-most profitable release of 2016.[83]

BlakeW39

D23 is coming up. Every other park has expansion going on, why not DAK.

Well I mean they just added Pandora a couple years ago. I mean DAK does have their 25th coming up in 4 years so I'd assume they'd save smtg major for that. If they do add smtg major it needs to benefit the park on a thematic level, not be something that is added either in spite of theme and ruins it, or the classic response "it 'can' fit (if shoehorned in)". South America would be nice. Some trails and a ride. Better dinoland with some more red rock badlands setting and another E. Personally a land representing sea life such as a Pacific Islands land would be best to suit the DAK theme. The list goes on. But Zootopia ain't it. I'm scratching my head and I cannot think of a worse IP for DAK. We're talking about a nature park and shoehorning in an IP which is a world where nature literally does not exist and has become society with people issues only. No serenity of nature at all. Not a good choice.

BlakeW39

Best question in the entire thread!
Shame it isn't Zootopia related but I mean.. do we really need 45 more rounds of Zootopia in DAK?

No lol. Not at all. But on Kali, I'd like that but it needs an actual story. But I would prefer its demo and replacement with a boat safari so whatever.

I think makes more sense if they build a Zootopia land in the EPCOT. Could be the first of a whole new fictional geography locations, eventually also Wakanda, Asgard, Olympus, El Dorado, Atlantis... you name it. (okay I'm only dreaming right now).

But seriously, is not because there is animals in a movie that it need to go to Animal Kingdom. I would love see a Zootopia new land, but I simply don't understand why people NEEDS it to go to Animal Kingdom. Why that fixation? Zootopia characters are human-like people that happens to look like animals-- there NOTHING about nature in the movie, which is the theme of DAK. The movie message is about respect different kind of people and cultures, which is the same theme of EPCOT. Zootopia is a name of a city, which also is the theme of EPCOT: you are visiting teasers of different location of the worlds.

If it will happens, anywhere but DAK is a better place for it.

justintheharris

I think makes more sense if they build a Zootopia land in the EPCOT. Could be the first of a whole new fictional geography locations, eventually also Wakanda, Asgard, Olympus, El Dorado, Atlantis... you name it. (okay I'm only dreaming right now).

But seriously, is not because there is animals in a movie that it need to go to Animal Kingdom. I would love see a Zootopia new land, but I simply don't understand why people NEEDS it to go to Animal Kingdom. Why that fixation? Zootopia characters are human-like people that happens to look like animals-- there NOTHING about nature in the movie, which is the theme of DAK. The movie message is about respect different kind of people and cultures, which is the same theme of EPCOT. Zootopia is a name of a city, which also is the theme of EPCOT: you are visiting teasers of different location of the worlds.

Again, the sequel may have some conservation elements in it.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes

They want a Fantasyland for DAK.

Tom P.

And there was supposed to be a fantasyland for DAK - one that showcased mythical beasts like dragons and unicorns, before Eisner cut the budget and DAK became an overwrought zoo.
Yes, mythical beasts. Still animals, but mythical ones rather than real ones.

I know it's beating a dead horse here, but Zootopia is about people. Those people just happen to be, essentially, in animal costumes.

Magenta Panther

Yes, mythical beasts. Still animals, but mythical ones rather than real ones.

I know it's beating a dead horse here, but Zootopia is about people. Those people just happen to be, essentially, in animal costumes.

Again with the splitting of hairs regarding Zootopia and DAK. I think Zootopia would be just fine in DAK. DAK's already got talking animals who represent human types (Lion King). Just because the animals in Zootopia wear clothes doesn't mean they should be disqualified. Just confine them to their particular area as opposed to having them walk around in India, for instance. And have some kind of visual marker that separates the real-animals area in DAK from the fantasy-animals area. I think that would suffice to uphold the integrity of both spaces without mixing the elements. JMHO.

Just because the animals in Zootopia wear clothes doesn't mean they should be disqualified.

Okay, so now I want the Beast of Beauty and the Beast in the Animal Kingdom. Is not because he is HUMAN in everything except in the appearance that it should be disqualified, right? Let's just judge Judy and Nick by their appearance, is not like it is the opposite of the message in the movie.

Maybe we should also put Robin Hood, Groot and Rocket Raccoon in DAK. Pretty sure they would love it.

justintheharris

I don’t think it works because it’s non Disney ish

They tried that with Roger Rabbit taxi (which is a fun ride) but it just doesn’t draw because it looks non disnish
As far as I know, Roger Rabbit was never attempted outside of Hollywood Studios in Orlando. Also, Roger Rabbit is a cartoon character more than he is a bunny. Roger is the only main character who’s an animal in the movie. Zootopia is all animals.

Rich Brownn

Again with the splitting of hairs regarding Zootopia and DAK. I think Zootopia would be just fine in DAK. DAK's already got talking animals who represent human types (Lion King). Just because the animals in Zootopia wear clothes doesn't mean they should be disqualified. Just confine them to their particular area as opposed to having them walk around in India, for instance. And have some kind of visual marker that separates the real-animals area in DAK from the fantasy-animals area. I think that would suffice to uphold the integrity of both spaces without mixing the elements. JMHO.
They not only wear clothes they have human jobs (police officer, detective, mayor, etc). The lion king is an actual lion, doing things a lion would do, who just happens to speak where we can understand him. In other words, Zoo could be replaced by humans, Lion King could not.

gerarar

Premium Member
Sorry to bump this, but this was the only "main" thread I could find on it, but anyways, from the man himself about Zootopia in AK:
Screenshot_20191229-232013_Twitter.jpg

Joe Rohde responded
in response to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom